PDA

View Full Version : JP Victim of Poor Coaching.....

bigbub2352
04-18-2006, 10:13 AM
I Have wrote a few times now about JP and how his development was stumped by coaching, even on the interveiw with Moulds he said it wasn't really JP's fault because he was handed the job and the veterans did not respect that.
more reasons are...

1. Horrible Offensive development under Clements, Wyche, and Mularkay

2. Horrible Offensive Line, could not run the ball ala power running game, also no pass protection, no roll outs, no play action, always dive plays up the middle, no screens, misdirections, counters, even when Kelly Holocomb was in there.

3. No Lockeroom control Sam Adams, Eric Moulds both were sat for throwing fits verbal confrontations on the sidelines as well

4. Not allowing JP to play out the rest of the miserable season and form some chemistry with the players who would be coming back

5. No TE Mark Campbell was a stiff, as well as Ryan Nuefeld, ANd Injury prone Tim Euhus was useless

6. predicatable offensive sets which allowed Defense to key on run, everytime Damion Shelton is in there he run the ball or throw it to him on the goaline

I dont think any first year QB would have been successful here, I would love to see him be the starter and turn this franchise around, Give the kid a fair shot this time around Hopefully new regime thinks like I do...

Don't Panic
04-18-2006, 10:26 AM
I agree 100%. Compare what he had in his 1st year to what Big Ben had... it's laughable. He MUST be given a legit chance to show what he can do before he is given up on. We are in a transition year anyway, so what better time to do it?

The King
04-18-2006, 10:31 AM
JP's problem came with the impression the organization gave off. Mularkey and Donahoe both publicly stated that the Bledsoe/JP switch was not a drop off.

Which put JP climbing Everest in an ice storm.

ICE74129
04-18-2006, 10:56 AM
It was horrible coaching, you are dead on. so is the poster that Said TD and MM screwed the pooch by saying to both players and fans there would be NO drop off.

Sure there is going to be. But even then people miss FACTS. The Defense SUCKED last year. They couldn't stop the run or get off of the field on 3rd downs with JP or Holcomb at QB. What pissed me off was players and fans hinting that JP was the reason the D had issues Ie being tired. Bull SH!@. They sucked!

We were lied to again by TD and MM by saying the OL was fixed. I watched as Fox had a sack timer during the Tampa game. And on one play, from the SHOTGUN, JP was hit in under 2 seconds! From the damn shotgun!

justasportsfan
04-18-2006, 10:59 AM
We were lied to again by TD and MMSo were the vets :rolleyes:

Saratoga Slim
04-18-2006, 11:04 AM
It was horrible coaching, you are dead on. so is the poster that Said TD and MM screwed the pooch by saying to both players and fans there would be NO drop off.

Sure there is going to be. But even then people miss FACTS. The Defense SUCKED last year. They couldn't stop the run or get off of the field on 3rd downs with JP or Holcomb at QB. What pissed me off was players and fans hinting that JP was the reason the D had issues Ie being tired. Bull SH!@. They sucked!

We were lied to again by TD and MM by saying the OL was fixed. I watched as Fox had a sack timer during the Tampa game. And on one play, from the SHOTGUN, JP was hit in under 2 seconds! From the damn shotgun!

JPs lucky to be alive.

ICE74129
04-18-2006, 11:26 AM
So were the vets :rolleyes:

"that Said TD and MM screwed the pooch by saying to both players and fans there would be NO drop off"

What part of that did you miss? Again picking out what you want out of a post and twisting it.

ICE74129
04-18-2006, 11:27 AM
JPs lucky to be alive.

confidence is the biggest asset of good QB's. JP had none in his line, coaches or Moulds his Veteran/ #1 weapon on offense. He was doomed from day one.

justasportsfan
04-18-2006, 11:38 AM
"that Said TD and MM screwed the pooch by saying to both players and fans there would be NO drop off"

What part of that did you miss? Again picking out what you want out of a post and twisting it.Look who's talking, Mr. Icontradcitmyself.

confidence is the biggest asset of good QB's. JP had none in his line, coaches or Moulds his Veteran/ #1 weapon on offense. He was doomed from day one..

BS, confidence was also JP's downfall by not listening to the vets. You can't even deny that when he finally passed the ball, he got better. Guess who gave him that advice in the first place? Yes, the vets.

The vets are gone. I am not gonna cry over their release but if you want to talk about last year, I'll tell you. JP had his faults. I will defend the vets talking their heads off because that's what I would do.

You and the vets agree , you just don't see it.

Kerr
04-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Agreed. The opposite of that is the reason why big ben was successful his rookie year. The chin has a well coached team and never loses his team. I never followed much of jauron's career with the bears, but I don't think jauron would ever allow for that to happen-lost of control.

The qb carousel made matters worse. The giants stuck with Eli Manning through his troubles like the colts did with his brother years prior. Big Ben was just at the right team and at the right time. Philip Rivers, we'll see what he can do this year.

ICE74129
04-18-2006, 11:47 AM
BS, confidence was also JP's downfall by not listening to the vets. You can't even deny that when he finally passed the ball, he got better. Guess who gave him that advice in the first place? Yes, the vets.

The vets are gone. I am not gonna cry over their release but if you want to talk about last year, I'll tell you. JP had his faults. I will defend the vets talking their heads off because that's what I would do.

You and the vets agree , you just don't see it.[/quote]

No I and the vets dont' agree and as I told you before, I know how to develop QB's, you don't. I saw that JP was handled wrongly all last season. So what Sam Fatass Adams says he didn't listen to the vets. Yeah real credible info from a guy that was benched in 04 for not doing what his coaches said, and in 05 took his ball and went home.

Sure JP had his faults the kid is essentially a rookie. He spent his rookie year recovering from a damn busted ankle thanks to a 'Veteran'. Then last year the TEAM let HIM down by throwing him under the bus and flat out sucking.

we have been over this before and you are still wrong.

justasportsfan
04-18-2006, 11:56 AM
You yourself say that it was bad coaching and so do the vets, so you both agree.

The problem with your opinion is that you act like it was all Moulds' fault. I have said that Adams should not have said anything but Moulds earned every right to after everything he's done for this club. I would never let an rookie act like he knows more than I do just because he's was annointed by a stupid coaching staff(again you agree) .

Here we go again with your "I know how to develop qb's" Yeah right. Get off your high horse. You're not fooling anyone. You're as qualified as anyone here on BZ. Anyone who says leaders should STFU doesn't know what the hell they are talking about.

bigbub2352
04-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Plus Phillop Rivers has had three years to learn the system and has some serious weapons at his disposal, LT, Antionio Gates, Keenan Mcardell, not bad.. The Vets Should have kept there mouth shut and played ball that is what those guys were being over paid for, In the history of the NFL what rookie or 2nd year QB didn't have veterans to contend with ala Carson palmer getting handed the job after Kitna played very well, those vets realized they keep mouth shut and play as a team and you win ball games, it is not like after the Vets got there way anything exciting happened here, we only beat bottom of the barrell teams besides KC who always choke anyway, and Kelly is not getting any better. JP does not have confidence issues he needs to be shown the proper way and then we can properly asses him