PDA

View Full Version : I'm now officially a super-nerd.

lordofgun
04-18-2006, 01:37 PM
I think draft day is my favorite sports day of the year. How sad is that? :ill:

Anyone else afflicted with this disease?

Mitchy moo
04-18-2006, 01:38 PM
right hear.

LtBillsFan66
04-18-2006, 01:39 PM
No.

DraftBoy
04-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Have you seen my username?

lordofgun
04-18-2006, 01:40 PM
Have you seen my username?
Not until just now.

bigbub2352
04-18-2006, 01:40 PM
Not sad me and my boys have gotten together every year on the draft for about 10 years and we have rules everyone has to bring something to eat one of there specialties, I make Chili, one buddy brings chicken wing dip, another pizza dip, my girlfriend has gotten into it and makes banana cake, and taco dip, then we order wings drink a couple of cases and veg for an entire day, it is awesome i LOVE the DRAFT

SquishDaFish
04-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Im def in the same group. Im a total football junky period lol. I can watch any NFL game but Buffalo is 1st of course. I sit through the whole draft. Watch every min. I even request the weekend off from work just for it every year LMAO

ICE74129
04-18-2006, 01:41 PM

Dude, its friggin christmas at my house! I give the wife and kids money to get the hell lost for the saturday portion! :roflmao:

Marvelous
04-18-2006, 01:42 PM
Welcome aboard LOG :). I can only imagine if i had kids how i'd bounce them for the weekend.. I started liking day 2 alot two years ago. This weekend is sacred to me..

lordofgun
04-18-2006, 01:44 PM
Not sad me and my boys have gotten together every year on the draft for about 10 years and we have rules everyone has to bring something to eat one of there specialties, I make Chili, one buddy brings chicken wing dip, another pizza dip, my girlfriend has gotten into it and makes banana cake, and taco dip, then we order wings drink a couple of cases and veg for an entire day, it is awesome i LOVE the DRAFT
I dunno. Sounds like you're in it for the snacks!

Night Train
04-18-2006, 01:54 PM
Mine is Ms. Nude Ontario day in July.

But that's just me..

GvilleBills
04-18-2006, 02:15 PM
All my peeps know, call me on Draft weekend at your own peril. My best bud thought I was bluffing last year and scheduled his move on that Saturday. I busted my ass right up to the 1st pick, but I damn sure left him to unload the truck w/o my ass.
The moral is: Don't try to compete w/ the Draft. You will lose.

bigbub2352
04-18-2006, 02:27 PM
u think so lord of the gun, sorry i must have made u nervous, r u one of those little guys that couldnt play contact sports

Buffalogic
04-18-2006, 02:37 PM
I used to never watch the draft, but then the bills ran into this losing streak. For the past 6 years I've been hooked to the draft praying that maybe this years class will be able to stabilize our franchise. Still hasn't happened, still hooked to the draft.

Mitchy moo
04-18-2006, 02:38 PM
I dunno. Sounds like you're in it for the snacks!

You meant sounds like he is in it for the Krafts!

EricStratton
04-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Do they list who each team picked in the paper or something after it's over?

I guess if they didn't do that I'd have to watch, otherwise I just don't see the point.

Marvelous
04-18-2006, 03:59 PM
All my peeps know, call me on Draft weekend at your own peril. My best bud thought I was bluffing last year and scheduled his move on that Saturday. I busted my ass right up to the 1st pick, but I damn sure left him to unload the truck w/o my ass.
The moral is: Don't try to compete w/ the Draft. You will lose.
:lmao:

I feel the same way man.. I'm known now with the locals & family as a sellout who won't goto birthday parties, or anything when theirs a Bills game on or draft weekend. My mom for reasons unknow still makes excuses for me not attending which i disagree with because my upfront honest might offend people but most of them just accept that i won't be there. I was married on a more expensive saturday oppsosed to sunday ;)<<Milloy had 3 sacks & Cambell had 3 td's against San Fran that started our super high scoring winning streak :up:

Michael82
04-18-2006, 03:59 PM
I used to never watch the draft, but then the bills ran into this losing streak. For the past 6 years I've been hooked to the draft praying that maybe this years class will be able to stabilize our franchise. Still hasn't happened, still hooked to the draft.
I'm with you. I never used to watch it much either, but then once we started the BillsZone draft parties, I got hooked and now I find myself watching Day 2 too.

Marvelous
04-18-2006, 04:01 PM
I'm with you. I never used to watch it much either, but then once we started the BillsZone draft parties, I got hooked and now I find myself watching Day 2 too.

Day two is fun because there's so many trades and it moves fast. I like day two just as much as 1.

Michael82
04-18-2006, 04:02 PM
Day two is fun because there's so many trades and it moves fast. I like day two just as much as 1.
Agreed. It flies by.

!Papacrunk!
04-18-2006, 04:06 PM
About 2-3 weeks ago, one of my peeps that I trained at work last August needed me to work a Saturday for her, and she was in quite a pinch since it involved her kids and what not. She's been a great worker bee and I thought I'd help her out, she'd work my Wednesday, I'd work that Saturday. So I agreed, but there was something in the back of my head about Saturday, but she really needed that day plus there were already an established amount of peeps gone for the day too (which was why she was in a pinch.) That Saturday is the draft. Sunuva*****. I gave her my word, plus it was really important for her to get the day off, so I'm still working that day for her--I will TIVO it and a buddy of mine agreed to text me Miami's 1st round pick. Sunuva*****.

Michael82
04-18-2006, 04:08 PM
About 2-3 weeks ago, one of my peeps that I trained at work last August needed me to work a Saturday for her, and she was in quite a pinch since it involved her kids and what not. She's been a great worker bee and I thought I'd help her out, she'd work my Wednesday, I'd work that Saturday. So I agreed, but there was something in the back of my head about Saturday, but she really needed that day plus there were already an established amount of peeps gone for the day too (which was why she was in a pinch.) That Saturday is the draft. Sunuva*****. I gave her my word, plus it was really important for her to get the day off, so I'm still working that day for her--I will TIVO it and a buddy of mine agreed to text me Miami's 1st round pick. Sunuva*****.
Call in sick. :snicker:

SquishDaFish
04-18-2006, 04:27 PM
That sucks papa. I have that date circled and in BOLD on the calendar at work as OFF and dont CALL me FOR HELP lol

Bling
04-18-2006, 04:35 PM

ESPN.com and NFL.com have tickers... Can't visit those sites?

!Papacrunk!
04-18-2006, 05:09 PM
ESPN.com and NFL.com have tickers... Can't visit those sites?
in the section I work, our PCs aren't internet enabled, there's a reason, just not important enough to go into detail lol. As long as a buddy of mine can text Miami's 1st pick, I'll be satisfied with TIVOing it.

Jersey1031
04-18-2006, 07:42 PM

Best day of the year after Christmas...

Mski
04-19-2006, 12:36 AM
first time i ever sat down to watch the draft i was in vegas and woke up to "with the 20-somethingth pick the buffalo bills select willis mcgahee" and was in complete dumbfoundedness thinking i was still drunk from the night before

clumping platelets
04-19-2006, 12:38 AM

:blowkiss:

BADTHINGSMAN
04-19-2006, 12:46 AM
This year, I will give the wife and daughter a couple hundred bux to go shoping and leave me alone.. Got a couple friends coming over for the draft and poker.. Usually get some alcohol and pizza and munchies.. Then to end the evening Im usually laying on the couch with a bottle of Malox..