PDA

View Full Version : Trade Down?

jdbillsfan
04-18-2006, 03:18 PM
It seems like some of the consenus is to trade down, to stock pile some players if we can't get Brick, Hawk or some other guys. Two possibilities could be the Vikings or Cowboys, but who would you pick at 17-18?

Assuming, Bunkley, Justice, Ngata etc. is off the board, do you still try and reach for OL or DL?

I would almost guess the next tier of good players such as Chad Jackson and Ernie Sims might be unavailable too, so at that point, hard to tell who the Bills would/should take.

I like the idea of getting more picks, especially a 2nd rounder, but at the cost of getting what in return?

Would Greenway and Max Jean, be better than Vernon Davis?

DraftBoy
04-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Greenway, Williams, Whitner, Hill, Kiwi are all options

FlyingDutchman
04-18-2006, 03:23 PM
I think the farthest Id trade down is around 15 with the Eagles. Winston Justice would probably still be available along with Bunkley as long as he doesnt get scooped by the Browns. Any farther back in the first round (mid to late 20s) and IMO Marcus Mcniel is our man. This is gonna be a hectic draft with a lot of decisions made on the spur of the moment.

TedMock
04-18-2006, 03:28 PM
If one of the QB's is sitting there, we may be able to drop down. If we go down to the 12-20 range on one pick, we'll still land Bunkley, or Ngata. Depending on whatever other pick we'd get, we're also in good shape to land a quality OL at the end of round one, or beginning of round two. That leaves us open to draft a safety in round two as well. Use Denver for example. I doubt they'll give up that much for an 8, but say we get the 15th and 22nd, just for arguments sake. We go best DT at 15 (most likely Ngata - Bunkley will go sooner), probably end up with Eric Winston at 22nd, safety in round two (Ko Simpson, maybe), and guard with our first pick in round three.

Reality is that we won't get two first rounders for the 8th pick (unless it's Denver), rather we'll get a 1st and a 3rd. In that instance, we still go best DT available in the first. Our trade down will probably be with Arizona, Baltimore, or Denver. Denver would give us the most.

Saratoga Slim
04-18-2006, 04:40 PM
Greenway, Williams, Whitner, Hill, Kiwi are all options

I like Greenway and Whitner a lot. I'd also add Eric Winston to that list.

I like Jimmy Williams' skill set, but he seems like a meshawn. Nate is bad enough, we don't need any more "Playmakers" in the secondary

GvilleBills
04-18-2006, 04:49 PM
while I would love to geyt some more picks, I don't think that Bunk would be available after 12. If we could get another 3rd and still land Bunk (Justice??) I would be happy.

justasportsfan
04-18-2006, 05:04 PM
I don't like the idea of reaching for a need. If we can't trade down, get the BPA. If D'Brick is there that takes care of BPA and a need.

Typ0
04-18-2006, 05:29 PM
I can see us taking Vince Young with our pick. I know we have Qbs on the roster but I also think our staff knows how important it is to have the right person that's why we have QBs...and the right person has yet to emerge. Any way you look at it...VY is a good talent and may be a great talent...getting him on the team would not be a bad thing. Especially if one of our other guys has a good season...that opens up a lot of opportunities.

The_Philster
04-18-2006, 06:42 PM
I don't like the idea of reaching for a need. If we can't trade down, get the BPA. If D'Brick is there that takes care of BPA and a need.
I agree...to an extent...if someone fills a need and is within 5-6 slots of where he falls on our draft board, take him. It's even more of a waste to bring in someone for a lot of money we don't need than it is to overpay someone by a few slots

ICE74129
04-18-2006, 07:03 PM
If Brick is still on the board when GB picks we need to be on the damn horn with SF making a trade. Take him with the 6th pick and be done with it.

That said, if its ngata, huff etc, trade down. Get more picks. Take Justice, Winston or Bunkley

don137
04-18-2006, 07:32 PM
If we trade down and Bunkley, Ngata and Justice are gone I would like Sims OLB from Florida State. He would be a great LB in the cover 2 defense.

TacklingDummy
04-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Im all for trading down if it's a TE or O-linemen the Bills are picking at #8.

My guess is if the Bills keep the pick they will draft a CB.

Bert102176
04-18-2006, 11:42 PM
with RW talking about money and stuff I think we will trade down

ZacGriffi~82
04-18-2006, 11:43 PM
Eric Winston.