PDA

View Full Version : Omar Jacobs = Bills fan

Crisis
04-18-2006, 05:20 PM
IGN Sports: Did you have a favorite player growing up?

Omar Jacobs: I was a Bills fan growing up, so I was into Thurman Thomas and Bruce Smith. I'm still a fan.

http://sports.ign.com/articles/701/701994p1.html

ublinkwescore
04-18-2006, 05:21 PM
sweet - let's just hope he does more than that other Bills fan we drafted (assuming we draft him)... Travis Henry.

Crisis
04-18-2006, 05:22 PM
Travis Henry was great for us.

ublinkwescore
04-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Well, in that case, I'd like to see him quit getting suspended for substance abuse violations, work his way back up to starter material, and then fumble the ball like 5 times for us when we play the Titans again.

Jeff1220
04-18-2006, 05:41 PM
When is he projected to get drafted?

casdhf
04-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Travis Henry was great for us. Travis Henry had a couple descent seasons for us.

DraftBoy
04-18-2006, 05:47 PM
When is he projected to get drafted?

3rd-4th round, could fall to round 5 and be a steal

Jeff1220
04-18-2006, 05:51 PM

Sounds like an intriguing prospect. I'd use the Texans 5th on him if I were Marv.

!Papacrunk!
04-18-2006, 06:37 PM
Well if the billion to one chance that Young doesn't drop to #16, I'd like to see Miami pick up Jacobs in the later rounds. Just got to do something about that liking the Bills part. He was on a Miami radio station and they asked which WR would he like to throw to next year and he said Chambers, then again, he may say whatever WR he's in in whatever city at the time. No matter what, I like him as that later round pickup.

Mr. Pink
04-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Jacobs IMO is the 4th best QB on the board and will either be the 4th to 6th QB selected in this draft. He's in the group with Whitehurst and Croyle. There is ZERO chance this guy slips past the 3rd round. Buffalo having two third round picks should jump on drafting him. Anyone who has somewhat paid attention to me knows I've been pimping him and wanting us to select this guy for the past month.

Ickybaluky
04-18-2006, 06:58 PM
Jacobs was very productive, but is said to need a lot of work on mechanics because he has a sidearm delivery and played mostly in the shotgun.

Can't say I've seen Bowling Green play a lot, but he seems like a good 2nd-day project.

BTW, Vince Wilfork grew up a big Bills fan as well, mostly because of Bruce Smith.

ICE74129
04-18-2006, 07:01 PM

I like the attitude and the overall talent, Hate his delivery. He almost pushes the ball.

Dantheman1280
04-18-2006, 07:01 PM
Hey went to a local hs around my area and his parents are at the games all the time. He was great in HS

ICE74129
04-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Jacobs was very productive, but is said to need a lot of work on mechanics because he has a sidearm delivery and played mostly in the shotgun.

Can't say I've seen Bowling Green play a lot, but he seems like a good 2nd-day project.

BTW, Vince Wilfork grew up a big Bills fan as well, mostly because of Bruce Smith.

He had a damn good game vs OU. They didn't have a prayer but he played his arse off.

Kerr
04-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Isn't the knock on him is that he has a philip rivers side arm delivery?

DraftBoy
04-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Isn't the knock on him is that he has a philip rivers side arm delivery?

his delivery is worse, much more sidearm, I love the kid as a 4th and I think he very easily slips there.

Mr. Pink
04-18-2006, 10:11 PM
If Omar put up another year like his sophomore year as a Junior last year, 41 TDs 4 INTs, he'd be a first rounder. Maybe the first QB selected in the draft. He coulda gone back to BGSU for his senior season put up another astronomical amount of numbers and been in the Brady Quinn/Troy Smith category.

And his delivery isn't much of a problem, he throws on the move mainly and yes he throws sidearm to 3/4 pretty much all the time. He's not the classic drop back passer. But he makes good decisions with the ball and is not liable to make many mistakes. Completed about 67 % of his passes at BGSU and threw 71TDs to 11 picks in his college career. Not too mention, the dude is absolutely huge. Plus it's not like his conference is all that weak in past years QB wise.....Pennington, Leftwich, Roethlisberger, Frye.

don137
04-19-2006, 07:22 AM

Wasn't Wolfork the player the Pats drafted with the #1 pick they received for Drew Bledsoe?

ICE74129
04-19-2006, 07:31 AM
his delivery is worse, much more sidearm, I love the kid as a 4th and I think he very easily slips there. He also has a tendancy to push the ball which is a bad thing.

Leadership, decision making, those things are there. A full season with a pro QB coach will clear up most of that side arm delivery.