PDA

View Full Version : What is the biggest hole on this team?

Tatonka
04-18-2006, 07:41 PM
i think that the DT spot next to Triplett is definately the one that needs to be addressed the most.

i would actually be all for taking 2 DTs on the first day in this draft. I have not given up on anderson, but i also would rather rely on a rookie than on what i have seen from him.

Safety is potentially another hole.. but in saying that.. bowens and wire may be able to fill the void there.. people keep saying safeties are interchangable in the cover 2, so we will see.. i am not as worried about that spot because for some reason, i have a good feeling about bowens, but i would like to have a back up plan. i like baker, so i am not worried about him and vincent at FS.

TE is also another big ? - Everett is a big tease.. talent, but cant get on the field yet, so it is hard to know if we have anything with him.. other than him, we have no hope for a TE that can provide any offense.

and then there is Guard and tackle. I would like those spots addressed, but i am not uncomfortable with gandy.. and i am pretty sure that at a minimum, preston or giesinger will be better than anderson and win that job if someone new doesnt come in from the draft.

bigbub2352
04-18-2006, 07:46 PM
i agree but i am not sold on taking a DT with first pick if Brick or Davis or Hawk are there, 2nd and 3rd would be ideal to pick someone up like gabe watson motivational project or Orein Harris or the guy from LSU in there

Tatonka
04-18-2006, 08:01 PM
i am sure there are plenty of DTs that could come in right away.. i was saying that i would be happy if we took another DT in day one as well to have a strong rotation.

FlyingDutchman
04-18-2006, 08:02 PM
i agree but i am not sold on taking a DT with first pick if Brick or Davis or Hawk are there

what he said

OpIv37
04-18-2006, 08:03 PM
DT or OG are about equal in my opinion.

patmoran2006
04-18-2006, 08:08 PM
To me its QB, and its a situation that needs to resolved with someone from the current roster.. our OL might improve a bit, but they're far from Elite.. and without good QB play its going to be a very long year.

Dont get me wrong, there are other holes, but until hall, losman or holcomb step up, its the biggest hole to me, because its the most important position

OpIv37
04-18-2006, 08:10 PM
To me its QB, and its a situation that needs to resolved with someone from the current roster.. our OL might improve a bit, but they're far from Elite.. and without good QB play its going to be a very long year.

Dont get me wrong, there are other holes, but until hall, losman or holcomb step up, its the biggest hole to me, because its the most important position

QB didn't even occur to me- I'm so used to mediocre QBs that as long as we have someone who doesn't completely suck, I won't say anything.

ICE74129
04-18-2006, 08:10 PM
DT, LT, LG

patmoran2006
04-18-2006, 08:16 PM
With this kind of OL and a lack of PROVEN WR's, a QB has to WIN games for this team.... We dont have the luxury of a dominant defense like we had in 2003-04 or like a Ravens of the early 2000's.

Teams are going to stack up against Willis and double team Evans all day long.. WHomever our QB is has to have a career year, which given the three we currently have, that's not saying much.

OpIv37
04-18-2006, 08:20 PM
With this kind of OL and a lack of PROVEN WR's, a QB has to WIN games for this team.... We dont have the luxury of a dominant defense like we had in 2003-04 or like a Ravens of the early 2000's.

Teams are going to stack up against Willis and double team Evans all day long.. WHomever our QB is has to have a career year, which given the three we currently have, that's not saying much.

I think you got it backwards- it's easier to build an OL and find receivers than it is to find a franchise QB. This team should commit to building an OL to give the QB a real shot- we already have the RB and have potential at WR- the QB just needs time to do his thing.

clumping platelets
04-18-2006, 08:23 PM
A proven QB

G. Host
04-18-2006, 08:24 PM
OT. Wunderkid is only so so as a run blocker and Gandy is limited in potential.

I can not believe one member of OL was not included in poll.

OpIv37
04-18-2006, 08:25 PM
of all the holes on this team QB is the LEAST likely to be addressed before the season starts.

We will go into camp with Nall, Losman, Holcomb and maybe Woodbury.

patmoran2006
04-18-2006, 08:30 PM
I think you got it backwards- it's easier to build an OL and find receivers than it is to find a franchise QB. This team should commit to building an OL to give the QB a real shot- we already have the RB and have potential at WR- the QB just needs time to do his thing.

I'm not saying we need a franchise QB. IM saying QB is a huge hole and its the MOST important position on the field, period..

patmoran2006
04-18-2006, 08:31 PM
Losman, Holcomb or especially NALL are NO more proven that Tim Anderson or Bennie Anderson, therefore to me its as big a hole as any on this team.

Pick your poison.. THere are plenty of holes, hopefully after April 29th 2-3 of them get filled .

The_Philster
04-18-2006, 08:33 PM
of all the holes on this team QB is the LEAST likely to be addressed before the season starts.

We will go into camp with Nall, Losman, Holcomb and maybe Woodbury.
and Craig Ochs...who's been playing well for Frankfurt

OpIv37
04-18-2006, 08:34 PM
and Craig Ochs...who's been playing well for Frankfurt

5 is too many- Woodbury or Ochs better never make the roster....

Dozerdog
04-18-2006, 08:34 PM
OT, DT, and OG are all seriously hurting for depth

OpIv37
04-18-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm not saying we need a franchise QB. IM saying QB is a huge hole and its the MOST important position on the field, period..

I won't disagree with that but QB is the hardest position to fill. There are a ton of teams that need QB's right now: Us, Jets, Lions, Bears, Skins, Browns, Titans- probably more but those come immediately to mind. There just aren't enough proven QB's to go around. That's why I think it's better to put the best OL on the field, get a good running game, and take as much pressure off the QB as possible.

Tatonka
04-18-2006, 08:43 PM
i think the qb spot has been addressed.. drafting any qb in this draft is no more of an upgrade that what we have. we will still be dealing with a rookie or young guy that just needs to play so we can see what he can do. period.

Kerr
04-18-2006, 09:03 PM
I would have to say it's a tie between qb and dt. Unproven qb and an unproven DT. Hopefully jp breaks out and we can fill the void at dt through the draft or tim anderson steps up.

BlackMetalNinja
04-18-2006, 09:33 PM
The offensivedefensivelinequarterback in my opinion

Bill Brasky
04-18-2006, 09:35 PM
this team is a gigantic hole with a few clogs in it.

I'd like to see the Bills use #8 on Bunkley...

Go with an OT or OG in the second round, maybe even 3rd.

And follow that with a SS..

Tatonka
04-18-2006, 09:37 PM
the question on the pole is what position needs to be addressed the most.

DraftBoy
04-18-2006, 10:58 PM
Safety. I have zero confidence in Wire, and limited in Bowens. BPA when we draft will probably be Micheal Huff, so it makes sense to address that hole with that pick.

hydro
04-18-2006, 11:33 PM
Lineman, Lineman, Lineman

Saratoga Slim
04-19-2006, 08:24 AM
I'll say DT. at each of our other major question mark positions (LG, TE, QB, S), there is at minimum a player who MIGHT be able to step up and perform at a starting caliber (Preston, Everett, Losman/Nall, Bowens). However, at DT, its pretty clear that Anderson is not going to cut it as a starter, and worse, we have no depth whatsoever.

Jersey1031
04-19-2006, 08:51 AM
DT, I don't know if we should go first pick DT though...

Night Train
04-19-2006, 08:54 AM
OT, DT, and OG are all seriously hurting for depth

OG is seriously hurting for STARTERS, let alone depth.

justasportsfan
04-19-2006, 09:04 AM

Dont get me wrong, there are other holes, but until hall, losman or holcomb step up, its the biggest hole to me, because its the most important positionBuild a great OL and both the qb's and wr's will show up.