PDA

View Full Version : This is the draft I'd like to see

Bill Brasky
04-18-2006, 09:41 PM
This was posted over at TBD... I almost entirely agree with it. If this could happen, it would be a great draft for this team...

1st round (8): DT Brodrick Bunkley (Kiper has him going 8th to us)
2nd round (42): OT Marcus McNeill (Kiper has him going 49th to Dallas)
3rd round (70): OG Charles Spencer (Kiper has him going 78th to Cleveland)
3rd round (73): S Darnell Bing (Kiper has him going 89th to Carolina)
4th round (105): DT John McCargo (Kiper has him going 123rd to Cincinati)

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=45212

Tatonka
04-18-2006, 09:53 PM
that seriously would be a draft to go down in history.. it is not too far out there either.. man.. i cant tell you how incredibly happy i would be with every single one of those picks.. then omar jacobs in the 4th. ;-0

Bling
04-18-2006, 09:54 PM
Doubt that Bing is still there. Besides that, it's realistic.

Bill Brasky
04-18-2006, 09:55 PM
I am not sold on McNeil but if he's there in the 2nd, which he should be, there's no reason to not take him with the 42nd pick

Tatonka
04-18-2006, 09:56 PM
mcniel was a beast in college.. the spine thing has some teams scared.. but they were talking about him on afternoon blitz and how there shouldnt be a medical concern and he should be a 10 year player for a team.

Bling
04-18-2006, 09:57 PM
that seriously would be a draft to go down in history.. it is not too far out there either.. man.. i cant tell you how incredibly happy i would be with every single one of those picks.. then omar jacobs in the 4th. ;-0

THAT'S A STRETCH...

Bill Brasky
04-18-2006, 09:58 PM
I am hoping they use the #8 on Bunkley.

Everything I've seen between him and Ngata... I think Bunkley is going to be a better player, esp in this system.

If they take him, and an OT/OG in the following rounds I might have some hope for the near future... :pray:

The Vernon Davis angle is intriguing, but this team has more pressing needs at the current time.

Tatonka
04-18-2006, 09:58 PM
what if brick fell to 8 and we got watson or wright in the second.

Bill Brasky
04-18-2006, 10:00 PM
well, if Brick falls to 8 I'd consider it a miracle and probably go dancing in the street butt naked, piss drunk.

Tatonka
04-18-2006, 10:00 PM
THAT'S A STRETCH...

what part?

Bling
04-18-2006, 10:02 PM
what part?

Jacobs. Guy goes to Oakland in the 2nd round.

Tatonka
04-18-2006, 10:02 PM
i hear you jf..

and clump would be ****ting fire.

Bling
04-18-2006, 10:03 PM
If D'Brick falls to Buffalo, you guys better go beat off to the thought of the teams before you. How could they let him get that far?

Tatonka
04-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Jacobs. Guy goes to Oakland in the 2nd round.

yeah.. i agree.. note the face after i wrote that.. but if we are talking about dream drafts..lol

Bling
04-18-2006, 10:06 PM
yeah.. i agree.. note the face after i wrote that.. but if we are talking about dream drafts..lol

If he ends up in Buffalo, consider this a historic draft.

Bill Brasky
04-18-2006, 10:09 PM
How could they let him get that far?

Well, if Houston ends up taking Mario Williams, I could see him POSSIBLY falling to #8... but even that is a stretch.

It's nice to dream, but there is a 00.1% chance of the Bills getting him.

Devin
04-18-2006, 10:23 PM
Id absolutley lo0ve that draft.

McCargo is a monster, had a great work out to. Ive seen him as high as the high 2nd round in some mocks.

Kerr
04-18-2006, 10:24 PM
That would be a very successful draft.

tampabay25690
04-18-2006, 10:28 PM
That would be a great DRAFT. I have a feeling BUNKLEY will be a BILL so I guess I will have to begin to like him.....DONT really like FSU guys at alllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO GATORS!!!!!

DraftBoy
04-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Make Bing into Watkins and I think its a dream draft.

I dont see Jacobs going rd 2 to Oak

Kerr
04-18-2006, 10:31 PM

Second that. I think Watkins would make a solid fs in the bills scheme.

Bling
04-18-2006, 10:45 PM

**** THE BILLS!!! First it was the UM raiding, now you want all the FSU players!!!

The point is that everyone knows Jacobs talent, and he'll be picked before Croyle. Someone will take him based on pure talent before the 4th round.

DraftBoy
04-18-2006, 10:51 PM
**** THE BILLS!!! First it was the UM raiding, now you want all the FSU players!!!

The point is that everyone knows Jacobs talent, and he'll be picked before Croyle. Someone will take him based on pure talent before the 4th round.

He wont go before Croyle... yea the kid has talent but he shouldnt start for 2-3 yrs any team that anticipates giving him any real time anywhere near before that is asking for suicide.

Bling
04-18-2006, 10:56 PM
He wont go before Croyle... yea the kid has talent but he shouldnt start for 2-3 yrs any team that anticipates giving him any real time anywhere near before that is asking for suicide.

"Hello Mr. Davis, I would like to play for you. Yes, I throw the ball farther than that guy from USC Matt Leinart. Yes I can run faster than Al Wilson and I can run over Champ Bailey."

With the 38 or 69 pick in the NFL Draft, the Oakland Raiders select Omar Jacobs, QB, Bowling Green...

FlyingDutchman
04-18-2006, 10:59 PM
I think that would be an incredible draft for us. I think theres gonna be some movement on the Texans part. Im starting to think something like this could happen:

1.Reggie Bush-NYJ (Swap with Houston)
2.Mario Williams-NO
3.Matt Leinert-Tenn
4.Dbrickshaw Ferguson-Houston (also receives NYJs 2nd round pick and next years 3rd round)
5.AJ Hawk-GB
6.Vernon Davis-SF
7.Vince Young-Oak
8.Haoli Ngata- BUF (I would be happy with Bunkley, however Ngata is the best DT in the draft. I dont think the not fiting the system thing will really make a difference. He is quicker than a lot of people think.)

DraftBoy
04-18-2006, 11:00 PM
"Hello Mr. Davis, I would like to play for you. Yes, I throw the ball farther than that guy from USC Matt Leinart. Yes I can run faster than Al Wilson and I can run over Champ Bailey."

With the 38 or 69 pick in the NFL Draft, the Oakland Raiders select Omar Jacobs, QB, Bowling Green...

Wow he can outthrow Matt Leinart? Thats absolutely no accomplishment at all, considering Chad Pennington probably comes pretty damn close to and his arm is shot. You can outrun a LB? Ok....and I dont see Jacobs overruning Champ Bailey, healthy or not. Im not sure what the point of the "phone call" was, but Jacobs has too many issues (technique, maturaity, leadership, team player) to warrant being taken before Croyle.

Bling
04-18-2006, 11:11 PM
Wow he can outthrow Matt Leinart? Thats absolutely no accomplishment at all, considering Chad Pennington probably comes pretty damn close to and his arm is shot. You can outrun a LB? Ok....and I dont see Jacobs overruning Champ Bailey, healthy or not. Im not sure what the point of the "phone call" was, but Jacobs has too many issues (technique, maturaity, leadership, team player) to warrant being taken before Croyle.

It's Al Davis, dude. I agree that Croyle is better (assuming he's healthy). But is Jacobs one of those guys a stupid GM would pounce on? I think so. He's gone by the 3rd.

Joe Fo Sho
04-18-2006, 11:27 PM
Well, if Houston ends up taking Mario Williams, I could see him POSSIBLY falling to #8... but even that is a stretch.

It's nice to dream, but there is a 00.1% chance of the Bills getting him.

So you're saying there's a chance.....

:pray:

Pinkerton Security
04-18-2006, 11:33 PM
So you're saying there's a chance.....

:pray:

FO SHO

:gobills:

Mr. Pink
04-19-2006, 12:21 AM

Jacobs has a cannon for an arm, is built like a LB and has quickness, top end speed not so much. He's a lot like Daunte Culpepper is or Byron Leftwich with more speed. BTW the only comparison Jacobs has to Pennington is he comes out of the same conference.
His technique is unorthodox yes but so is Vince Youngs' as was a few other successful NFL QBs, just because it doesn't look pretty doesn't mean it doesn't get the job done.
Maturity? He threw 41TDs to 4 Ints as a SOPHOMORE! Plus he's like 21 years old, most people aren't "mature" at that age.
Leadership and team player? He was the whole Bowling Green team basically and he spread the ball around. Completing 67% of his collegian passes and throwing 71 TDs to 11 INTs. I think he did a good job of making his reads, checkdowns and LEADING his team by putting them in the best chance to be successful ie. winning. Funny part about all this is he had his worst day in college vs the UB Bulls.

What true knock does this kid have? He played mostly out of a shotgun/spread based college offense. A lot of QBs have issues translating college success in that type of offense to the pro's. Joey Harrington and Alex Smith are the first two to come to mind on that one.

Truth be told, he puts up his sophomore season numbers as a junior, we're not sitting here having this discussion. He would have been the 1st or 2nd QB taken in this draft. The wiser choice for him would have been to go back to BGSU for his senior season and it would be a race between him, Brady Quinn and Troy Smith for the first QB taken in 07.

Saratoga Slim
04-19-2006, 08:47 AM

Bing is Lawyer Milloy. Will likely be a good/great player, but he's not the center-fielder type safetly that we're looking for. I don't know that much about Pat Watkins, but from what I've read he sounds like more of a fit.