PDA

View Full Version : Will there ever be a female coach?

4thAndLong
02-06-2003, 07:51 PM
I dont think so, atleast not for awhile. I dont think the atmosphere in the locker room would gel good between the players and the coach, and respect would certainly factor in.

I think this is a good debate though...And I dont mean this to be a sexist remark at all.

Thoughts?

shelby
02-06-2003, 07:53 PM
Not in our lifetime.

Though i would gladly take over for GW if TD would let me;)

RedEyE
02-06-2003, 08:03 PM
Isn't Coach Gruden female?

J/K Shelby ;)

BLeonard
02-06-2003, 08:05 PM
Since a good majority of NFL coaches had some sort of playing experience in the NFL or at least, college, I'd be inclined to say no. Unless you count Kathy Ireland as the kicker in "Necessary Roughness," I don't know of any women to even play football on the college level.

-Bill

P.S. Just because I said I don't know of any, doesn't mean there hasn't been, but, I'm sure the media would be all over it if there were.

Jeff 311
02-06-2003, 08:12 PM
No there wont, theyll be a female president of the U.S long before there is a female coach. If there ever is a female coach i hope she's hot.

Ð
02-06-2003, 08:18 PM
Well, GW has the boobs for the job...

casdhf
02-06-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by shelby

I want to see the team to win a Super Bowl before I die....that isn't a step in the right direction ;)

The_Philster
02-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by shelby
Not in our lifetime.

Don't the players get enough verbal abuse? :rolleyes:

;)

4thAndLong
02-06-2003, 08:49 PM
I agree with most of you about it not happening, but it's an interesting thing to think about.

BL, the media would be all over it...And it wouldn't be what's best for the team. Unless she was a VERY good coach, I could never see this happening, even if she is that good, it probably still wouldn't happen. PMS wouldn't be good either. ;)

Mr. Miyagi
02-06-2003, 09:09 PM
Never will that happen, as long as all the players are men. I'll bet a woman president will come before a woman head coach.

Dozerdog
02-06-2003, 09:41 PM
I think you will get a woman player before you get a woman coach

Maybe a strength and conditioning type coach- but that's it...

Typ0
02-06-2003, 09:54 PM
I think they are more likely to create a female league before a woman plays in the NFL. Now that would be funny.

Typ0
02-06-2003, 09:55 PM
I bet the whole coaching ranks would be male too...LOL.

BADTHINGSMAN
02-06-2003, 10:19 PM
I dought it. But wouldnt mind watching a WNFL league form...

TigerJ
02-06-2003, 10:24 PM
There is nothing in place to set the stage for a female coach: no pool of former female players, no serious consideration to have female players in the future, as far as I'm aware there are no female coaches of high school football, and certainly none who are likely to move up through college into the pros. There will be no female coaches in the pros or in division 1 A college ranks in my lifetime, and probably a lot longer than that. I expect to hang around for at least another quarter century or more.

BillC
02-06-2003, 10:31 PM
There is one. I heard an interview with Anita Marks, who was the Miami QB. It's more like semi pro- but their teams are there.

She also posed in Playboy

The big joke was that both of Miami's pro QBs were Jewish (Fiedler and Mrs Marks) and that her mom thought that he was a nice Jewish boy for her to marry or something.

http://www.anitamarks.com/images/champshotLinks_sm.gif

dolfan25
02-07-2003, 12:31 AM
Don't you know the old saying? We can't have a woman as president because you don't want someone with PMS or Menopause with their finger on the button. It'll be a long time until a woman is President. Let's assume that the Democrats will be the 1st to nominate a woman. You can bet all those female conservatives will be waiting to tear a strip off of her. Also society is a lot less forgiving of female transgressions then men. If a woman was found to have cheated on her husband and then she ran for President I don't think people would be willing to forgive like they forgave Bill.

Female NFL coach, never happen. Too much abuse from opposing fans and opposing players to herself and her own players. In our lifetime I honestly don't think a woman will coach any major professional team and I don't think any gay player will come out while still active. When they're retired sure.

TigerJ
02-07-2003, 08:18 AM
Leave it to BillC to know about a female QB who posed for playboy. LOL I think we could have a woman prez someday. I never say "never" to anything, but there has to be a huge change in sports culture before it could happen.

TedMock
02-07-2003, 08:39 AM
I doubt it but hey, let's not forget all of Goldie Hawn's hard work in getting the Wildcat's to the playoffs! She's a pioneer I tell ya.

Typ0
02-07-2003, 09:10 AM
That arguement about having someone with PMS with their hand on the button is just about the stupidist thing I have ever heard. It's a patriarchical construct developed to preserve the partiarchy and nothing else.

Dozerdog
02-07-2003, 09:12 AM
You're not married, are ya....

:jk:

Cntrygal
02-07-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I think you will get a woman player before you get a woman coach

Maybe a strength and conditioning type coach- but that's it...

I would be a great "motivator"... They wouldn't dare sit and look "defeated" in the second quarter with me roaming the sideline. :evil:

Cntrygal
02-07-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Typ0
That arguement about having someone with PMS with their hand on the button is just about the stupidist thing I have ever heard. It's a patriarchical construct developed to preserve the partiarchy and nothing else.

WOW Typ0... I think this is my favorite post by you. ;)
Not all women are affected by "PMS" anyway. And if one is affected that badly.... she wouldn't have made it that far.

colin
02-07-2003, 10:39 AM
I'd like to see Rosie O'donnel and Janet Reno return kicks for a few plays.

BillC
02-07-2003, 11:22 AM
Terry Tate , Office Linebacker?

Ha! Watch Hillary Clinton-Oval Office Punter- She will kick everyone's @$$

justasportsfan
02-07-2003, 12:07 PM
There will be a male cheerleader before there will ever be female coach......wait a minute, I could've sworn a couple of them miami cheerleaders are transvestites from the Keys.

THATHURMANATOR
02-07-2003, 02:31 PM
NO......

Earthquake Enyart
02-07-2003, 02:41 PM
You mean Kay Stephenson was a man??? :huh: