PDA

View Full Version : What would make you think we aren't taking Ngata

ICE74129
04-19-2006, 09:36 AM
Unlike fans, teams don't put as much stock into pro workouts and combine. They know players go to places and practice these specific events to show well.

The Bills had a feeling on say Ngata on his play over TIME. On the field, not runnning though cones, 40 time, Vertical etc. How he PLAYED in the field. Now if you have a guy like lindale white that all of a sudden goes to crap between the end of the season and now, THEN you have an issue.

It has been no secret the Bills have had Ngata very high on their list. He showed well at the combine etc. They are bringing him in for a talk tomorrow I believe? All this is, IMHO, is trying to solidify he would be the RIGHT fit for Buffalo.

The fact Davis ran a 4.38 and put up gawdy numbers impressed, sure. But in this day and time, vs say 10-15 years ago, most teams aren't going to sky rocket a guy up on their board just on a great combine.

If the Bills really like Ngata and feel he can start and help us win, we will take him at #8 like I feel they planned all along. (I said 'I' feel, not fact just speculation). If they can get a trade offer to move down a couple of spots and still get him, I feel that will be done.

ICE74129
04-19-2006, 09:39 AM
And let me add, Marv came in with a plan...address the LINES. I don't think, again My opinion, combine scores and personal workouts are going to detur him from his original plan.

Saratoga Slim
04-19-2006, 09:48 AM
You very well could be right, ICE. I certainly haven't seen any "official" source saying the Bills aren't interested in Ngata. And if they did, I would chalk it up as most likely a smokescreen, b/c what team purposefully gives away their draft srategy in advance? They wouldn't have brought him in if they had no interest whatsoever.

I am kind of curious though, why they waited until now, considering he's one the two best available players at a major need position. seems like if the Bills were extremely interested, the'd have flown him to Buffalo earlier. bringing him in now might be seen as an indication that they're just covering their bases by making sure they've at least given the guy a hard look before passing on him.

but in the end, its all just speculation. we don't have any fer-sure reason to think that Ngata's out of the running, so there's a decent chance that he could end up a Bill.

ryjam282
04-19-2006, 10:04 AM
Who else do we know that has been brought in? I thought I saw Bunkley came and I know that Huff did but anyone else??

don137
04-19-2006, 10:16 AM
If the Bils do not trade down I do believe its between Huff and Ngata. Both are good character guys. If Marv wants to address the area with the biggest need it will be Ngata. If he wants the highest guy on the board and the guy with the highest long term value availabale he will go with Huff. Bunkley and Justice I think won't be taken due to questionable character flaws.