PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Sportsnation Poll Confirms It...

DarbyTheDinosaur
04-19-2006, 10:56 AM
...We aren't the big losers that we think we are.

ESPN is conducting a poll of the top struggling sports fanchise in all pro sports...

The newsworthy item here is the Bills didn't make the list.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/listranker?id=484

49ers, Browns, Cards, Jets, Lions, Saints and Texans were all loser worthy...not the Bills.

Which means we can all take solace in the fact that we have just been mediocre all these years...not terrible, not great.

:str8face:

Throne Logic
04-19-2006, 11:27 AM
That's about right. Despite missing the playoffs for a half-decade and not having a division title for a full decade, Buffalo still manages to put together seasons like 7-9, 8-8, and 9-7 for the most part. Teams like the Cards put up perennial 3-13 numbers.

We've been stuck in solid mediocrity for a decade.

OpIv37
04-19-2006, 11:40 AM
49ers? They were good for most of a 15 year span from the late 80s to the early 90's and won a couple SB's.

BleedinGreenNC
04-19-2006, 01:06 PM
stupid poll.

Drive 4 Five
04-19-2006, 03:56 PM
stupid poll.

Right. I could give a F@$K about ESPN and thier silly ass Sport's Nation. Man I really hate that network. I don't know how I am going to be able to stand watching MNF anymore.

:fury:

Bill Brasky
04-19-2006, 08:42 PM
It's hilarious you think that ESPN can settle legit arguments.

DarbyTheDinosaur
04-20-2006, 05:51 AM
It's hilarious you think that ESPN can settle legit arguments.

Sarcasm...I will try to show it better next time.

Romes
04-20-2006, 08:20 AM
That's about right. Despite missing the playoffs for a half-decade and not having a division title for a full decade, Buffalo still manages to put together seasons like 7-9, 8-8, and 9-7 for the most part. Teams like the Cards put up perennial 3-13 numbers.

We've been stuck in solid mediocrity for a decade.

YAY for mediocrity!!! :hiclap:

R. Rich
04-20-2006, 08:30 AM
The Niners have a championship pedigree, but have become a train wreck of a franchise since York took over.

The Cards have seemingly begun to invest in their team w/ the signing of Edgerrin James and w/ the new state of the art stadium being built.

The Texans have decided to get a coach in there who has a proven track record offensively, a plus since they've been better offensively in their short stint as a franchise than they have defensively.

The Browns have a very supportive fan base, an owner who is willing and able to spend the bucks, stable management, and a coach who is not only respected by his players, but has worked under 2 of the best coaches in recent years.

Yeah, we've got 'em all beat.