Broncos trade 22nd overall pick to 49ers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Broncos trade 22nd overall pick to 49ers!

Just saw it on NFL network, the Broncos traded their 22nd overall pick to the 49ers for their 2nd, 3rd. I wonder what the 9ners are planning...
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: Broncos trade 22nd overall pick to 49ers!

Wow!
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

They're putting all their eggs in one basket. Maybe packaging their #6 overall with the #15 to get up to #2 to get Brick or Mario?

IMO it's stupid. They need as many picks as they can get to fill their holes.

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
        They're putting all their eggs in one basket. Maybe packaging their #6 overall with the #15 to get up to #2 to get Brick or Mario?

I think what they want is a starter on offense and on defense. They desprately need a LB and a DB as well. But they also want a weapon for Alex Smith. So instead of taking Huff, they take Davis, and then take Jimmy Williams, Cromartie or the best LB available.

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
          • Sep 2004

i dont think that would work out point wise, i think the highest that they can trade up is 3rd, with just picks included

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

This has to be the most intrigueing draft in a long time...

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

The lack of good, High end FA's has made this draft VERY interesting. I don't see us staying at #8. I also agree that SF wants Davis and a D starter. Good move for them and Denver.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

It will be interesting
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
                  I think what they want is a starter on offense and on defense. They desprately need a LB and a DB as well. But they also want a weapon for Alex Smith. So instead of taking Huff, they take Davis, and then take Jimmy Williams, Cromartie or the best LB available.
                  that's a good call. without Brandon Llyod they desparately need some weapons for Smith to throw at. Davis fits right in to that. but grabbing the 15th allows them to also draft an immediate contributor at DB or LB. smooth.
                  Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• oldno711
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                    but grabbing the 15th allows them to also draft an immediate contributor at DB or LB. smooth.
                    They didn't get the Broncos 15th pick...they got the 22nd...

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by oldno711
                      They didn't get the Broncos 15th pick...they got the 22nd...
                      Still, 6 and 22 for #2? Its possible. New Orleans could still get an impact player at #6.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                        Pinkerton's son
                        • Feb 2006

I think that maybe if they hadnt gotten rid of their 2nd and 3rd rounders to get the 22nd overall, they may have even been able to move up to 1st. I really think the Texans should trade down, seeing as how Domanick Davis is still around and theyhave so many needs. I think that the 9ers could use Reggie Bush too. Maybe even if the 9ers package future picks, SanFran may be able to still get that pick.

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                          I think that maybe if they hadnt gotten rid of their 2nd and 3rd rounders to get the 22nd overall, they may have even been able to move up to 1st. I really think the Texans should trade down, seeing as how Domanick Davis is still around and theyhave so many needs. I think that the 9ers could use Reggie Bush too. Maybe even if the 9ers package future picks, Houston may be able to still get that pick.
                          If I were houston I would talk with NO, Tenn, Jets about a deal. Take their high 2nd and another pick to move down a spot or 2. then I take Dbrick with my first pick, DL and OL with my two 2nd rounders.

Like you say they HAVE RUNNING BACKS! they have a QB and two WR's. Bush means NOTHING if they dont' have holes for him to run through.

Comment

• Jersey1031
                            • Feb 2003

Interesting...
                            "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

I think this reassures they will take Davis at #6 unless Hawk falls. This way they can address either DB or OLB with the #22 pick...Does also make me wonder if Denver plan to move up at some point. They have a ton of picks now.

Comment

Working...
                              X