X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

We take Ngata at 8 then....

Assuming we take Ngata with the 8th selection, what if in the 2nd round one of the big name DE's drop to were we pick, rumors are that Manny Lawson, N.C. State (6-5 3/8, 241, 4.45) , also the kid Mathias Kiwanuka, Boston College (6-5¾, 266, 4.75) who had a big year and good speed and size dropping as well as Tamba Hali, Penn State (6-3, 275, 4.88)..
    so the question is if one of these guys is here at our 2nd round pick do we take them and ignore glaring needs on Oline and gamble in the 3rd for the depth we need, thus solidifing are Dline or do we go for need rather than talent??????
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: We take Ngata at 8 then....

We will go with Denny and Kelsay another year, which isn't that bad. We can surive another year with them at LDE. Address DT in the draft as well as the OL and see what June 1st brings.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
      • Jul 2005

yeah, if we go DT in round 1, I'd much rather see us pick up either a LG or a LT in the 2nd round. with better pressure up the middle from our DTs, Kelsey will be fine this year.

Plus, Tamba Hali seems a lot like Kelsey, not sure he'd really be an improvement. they're both high motor, character guys who are perhaps a little undersized and not quite as fast as you'd like.

Manny Lawson is a maniac, I'd love to see him on the Bills, but he may be too small (weightwise) to play DE. the talk is he'll play OLB in a 3-4 scheme. not sure he'd be a good fit here.

I'm not that interested in Kiwi. Seems like he's falling down draftboards for a reason: inconsistency. got dominated at the senior bowl.

my point is, I agree with ICE. I think we're in OK shape at DE. I wouldn't use a high pick on a DE, unless something happens and Mario falls to us at 8.
      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
        • Aug 2005

I agree with ICE, I would much rather take one of the premier guards in the draft like Joseph, Jean-Gilles, or spencer.
        SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

what about if one ofthe top flight SS fall like Whinter from OSU or Bing from USC ..
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

In no specific order I would like to see the Bills draft on day one a DT, a OL (guard or tackle) and a DB/saefty. Barring trading down that leaves one spot open for best player available.

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

i would love the bills to trade out to maybe Phili and get Bunkley and then hopefully have two 2nd rounders to get both guard/tackle and ss then in third go DT and OL again then u go into day two with the best player available mentality
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                what about if one ofthe top flight SS fall like Whinter from OSU or Bing from USC ..
                if Whitner fell to is in the 2nd round that would be a steal. but then we really need OL in the 3rd, maybe both picks.
                Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

You guys know me....LINES! Move down a couple and take a DT or Justice/Winston. Then pick up another lineman in round 2.

I think we are fine at safety this year.

Remember, we have holes plural. That takes TWO offseasons to address. If we can address LG, DT and maybe LT then work on the rest next offseason

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                    You guys know me....LINES! Move down a couple and take a DT or Justice/Winston. Then pick up another lineman in round 2.

I think we are fine at safety this year.

Remember, we have holes plural. That takes TWO offseasons to address. If we can address LG, DT and maybe LT then work on the rest next offseason
                    I don't think were necessarily "fine" at safety, especially given Vincent's age. but you're right, safety is less important right now than DT and OG.

we have Tim Anderson starting at DT, with no serviceable backups. we have Bennie Anderson at LG. Those positions are inarguably are greatest current need.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

i agree with you guys, i am just saying you can definetly get serviceable OL in the two picks in the 3rd, or one of the best guards at 2, but what if one of those safties are there then aren't u still filling both needs, plus filling DT with the first pick, either way that is how i want it to go, unless Davis or Brick or Hawk fall to us at 8, then u go DT in the 2nd no doubt and the g tackle in the third with both and u still address all needs plu u got the other rounds to pick best player available, and still might be able to pick up something from the June 1st cuts or maybe another veteran or 2, That is why i think we are not as bad as everone is thinking, 1 more year and back to average ha ha
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• GvilleBills
                        • Mar 2006

I'm of a mind that we can get studs w/ all our day 1 picks, the draft is that deep. Especially if we take care of the DL w/ 1 & 2. G is deep this year, and I can live w/ Gandy/Peters for this year.
                        Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• GvilleBills
                          • Mar 2006

I'm thinking:
                          1 Bunk (possibly trading down and getting Bunk w/ additional 3rd)
                          2 Hali
                          3a Boothe/Joseph/Matua
                          3b Watkins
                          3c Whitworth

OR
                          1 Bunk
                          2 Whitner/Bing
                          3a Joseph/Boothe/Matua
                          3b Adeyanju
                          3c Colledge
                          Het, a guy can hope at this time of the year

Comment

• GvilleBills
                            • Mar 2006

As you can see, I'm not to big on Ngata. The weight worries me. If I could shake the magic 8 ball and see that Ngata would stay around 325lbs, I would feel differently. To me, Bunk just seems like an animal, I think he and TKO would get along just fine, and what a mentor TKO could be to guide the rook.

Comment

• Bmax
                              • Aug 2003

Whittner is a 1st rd pick....Bunk looks like he bulkled up for the combine but the question is can he play the whole season at 305..... ? I'll take the big man at 338...Ngata who might lose a couple of lbs and play at 325...

It's hard to find a quality big man at 325 plus.....at 6-4...the added bonus with ngata is he is great at blocking kicks...This of course could all be moot if the pack takes him at 5....If i was a betting man I would look for Ngata or Huff,Both high quality character guys who will start and make an impact day one...

If by some unlikely scenario both are gone ...Justice or a trade down is likely....

Bmax..

Comment

Working...
                              X