PDA

View Full Version : Where would the Sabres be if....

Bufftp
04-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Golisano had not Kept Darcy and Ruff?

Crisis
04-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Where would the Sabres be if Golisano hadn't bought the team.

Ebenezer
04-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Golisano had not Kept Darcy and Ruff?
up a creek...do you realize that many pundits are predicting that this team could be good for 7-10 years...Ruff might go down as one of the best coaches of all time if that happens.

As much as I ridiculed Darcy I have to give him credit for sticking by his guns and building a team that he thought competitive after a strike/lock-out. Lucky for him he was correct. Had we gone back to the old NHL (which I am still not sure we won't) DR would have been a laughing stock.

JD
04-19-2006, 09:34 PM
Theres no chance they will go back to the old NHL. Maybe we will slack on obstruction and other penalties more...but thats just because theres too much stoppage of play in the new nhl with the mass penalties that have been called and the number of goals scored. They want to maintain the flow of the game and by doing so your going to have to let some calls slide. It will lead to more *****ing but a better paced game in the end. With attendance records being set all over the place, that just shows that the NHL is making a better product now than ever before. Lets hope this continues! GO SABRES!!!

PUCKER
04-20-2006, 12:14 AM
Where would the Sabres be if Golisano hadn't bought the team.

Portland.