PDA

View Full Version : Harrington to Fins?

ajsdx
04-19-2006, 07:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2414492

""I look forward to joining the Miami Dolphins whenever I am released or a trade is completed,'' Harrington said Wednesday in a statement issued by his agent, David Dunn. "The Dolphins are an ascending team with great coaching and I can't wait to get started. I certainly appreciate all that the Ford family and Matt Millen did for me."

"The Dolphins are offering a sixth-round choice in 2007. The Lions have been asking for a third- or fourth-round choice in this year's draft. Now, it's up to Millen to make a concession in his demands or hold up any move until June 15 when Harrington is due."

Woah...I wonder what this means for Culpepper? Are they just going to use Harrington until Pep gets better? Or is this a long term QB controversy type deal?

LtFinFan66
04-19-2006, 07:19 PM
I know we have a deal in principle agreed to with him on a contract. We are just waiting for the Lions to lower their asking price or release him. He will simply start until Culpepper is ready and then be the backup.

ZacGriffi~82
04-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Glad we get to face him week 2.

The Natrix
04-19-2006, 07:53 PM
Harrington blows. He's not even a good backup. I hope the deal gets done.

ajsdx
04-19-2006, 08:07 PM
at first i thought it was weird that harrington would go to a job where he was the obvious second string, especially when there are so many teams who don't have legit QBs (although I suppose harrington isn't a legit QB). but then, if harrington sucks culpepper steps in and harrington just holds a clipboard and collects a check. and if he does well, he can push for the starting job and/or a raise. it's really a no pressure situation for him.

Nublar7
04-19-2006, 08:16 PM
Harrington blows. He's not even a good backup. I hope the deal gets done.Yeah, I guess we should have signed Nall to be our backup.

[/sarcasm]

finsrclowns
04-19-2006, 08:18 PM
Harrington blows. He's not even a good backup. I hope the deal gets done.

True. But if Culchoker plays like he did the first half dozen games last year Harrington could be the starter.:snicker2:

The Natrix
04-19-2006, 08:22 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Culpepper never regains is old form, and Harrington continues to suck. Then a controversy ensues and the lame fin fans final realize that they both suck, ala Flutie and Johnson.

The Natrix
04-19-2006, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I guess we should have signed Nall to be our backup.

[/sarcasm]

Nall is an unknown. Harrington is known. Known to suck.

SpillerThrills
04-19-2006, 08:27 PM
True. But if Culchoker plays like he did the first half dozen games last year Harrington could be the starter.:snicker2:

well that would be a good thing for the rest of the division....
even the Jets:lol:

finsrclowns
04-19-2006, 08:28 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Culpepper never regains is old form, and Harrington continues to suck. Then a controversy ensues and the lame fin fans final realize that they both suck, ala Flutie and Johnson.

Let the Cleo Lemon era begin.:dance:

Pinkerton Security
04-19-2006, 08:50 PM
may as well give Wes Welker a shot!!!!!!! with the way culpepper played last year and the way harrington has always played, him and cleo are probably their best bets.

!Papacrunk!
04-19-2006, 09:17 PM
I guess if one was to put a postive spin on things, we'd have A LOT of tape to show his negative play. A LOT of tape, so maybe the staff can help him work as kinks as our 2nd QB. He has been given a lot of opportunites to succeed with some of the offensive talent he's had in Detroit, but maybe the cliche different place/different environment will be benefiical. See, Bills fans aren't the only spin doctors when it comes to new players. j/k

Nighthawk
04-19-2006, 09:23 PM
I guess if one was to put a postive spin on things, we'd have A LOT of tape to show his negative play. A LOT of tape, so maybe the staff can help him work as kinks as our 2nd QB. He has been given a lot of opportunites to succeed with some of the offensive talent he's had in Detroit, but maybe the cliche different place/different environment will be benefiical. See, Bills fans aren't the only spin doctors when it comes to new players. j/k

I know you're kidding with the last statement, but Phin fans are the absolute worst at spinning negatives into good! Mularkey is all of sudden a great coach, Harrington is all of a sudden an outstanding QB and so on and so on! Just had to say that because reading some of these Phin fan responses really make me laugh. It's even better if you go their site!

The Natrix
04-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Finheaven is the comedy central of the internet.

Nublar7
04-19-2006, 09:31 PM
Finheaven is the comedy central of the internet.BillsZone is like UPN. Poor programming and about to lose their network(Bills are moving to LA).

!Papacrunk!
04-19-2006, 09:47 PM
I know you're kidding with the last statement, but Phin fans are the absolute worst at spinning negatives into good! Mularkey is all of sudden a great coach, Harrington is all of a sudden an outstanding QB and so on and so on! Just had to say that because reading some of these Phin fan responses really make me laugh. It's even better if you go their site! What site? F'nHeaven is not the only site, it may have the largest traffic, but yet again, it's not indicative of all Phin sites, so please stay away from stereotyping.
Almost every site has a bunch of fans that try to be positive and put a positive SPIN to things. I've been here on a regular basis.

There was a bunch of people that were waiting for the Bills to make a whole slew of moves at 12:01 at the start of free agency, cash in hands spend spend spend. When the Bills organization didn't break the bank and didn't make any blazing moves---the spin was that their sluggish start is because they may be following the Patriots model of wait and see? After the signings there seemed to be two factions---one faction was disappointed that with the bulk of cap that they didn't sign a lot of flashy players to improve the team. The other faction seemed to justify the "non-flashy" signings by deeming them as "character" guys and scoffed at the teams that tried to make multiple moves with free agency.

In regards to the current Bills QB situation, after reading a lot of the debates, I don't think I could operate heavy machinery after being so dizzy with that spin control. There's the JP followers, the growing minority of Holcombe followers, and now the Nall devotees. Nall, the greatest spin of them all. First and foremost, Nall could be that sleeping giant, and put Brady in his shadow from the gleaming diamond that was discovered in the rough, or he could still be that #3 Qb he was in Greenbay. For one second if the shoe was on the other foot, Bills fans would've blasted Phins fans if we tried to justify Nall and his potential to start as QB if it was between him Gus and Rosenfels. IMO there might be some naivete with some Dolphins fans and their spinning, but I really hope that some don't think that Bills fans are immune to be overly positive when it comes to new signings, whether it's coaching or players. We all do it.

jmb1099
04-19-2006, 09:59 PM
Harrington will benefit some from better coaching, but he has been battered and bruised since he arrived in the NFL both mentally and physically. Still, he may turn out to be a serviceable backup. It will be interesting to see how he does with decent coaching and a little stability.

!Papacrunk!
04-19-2006, 10:08 PM
.........he has been battered and bruised since he arrived in the NFL both mentally and physically...

I think that's putting it nicely. It's a toss up between him and David Carr on whom is scarred more from their respective situations. As I said before, who knows if the cliche new city/new team will benefit him.

Also, in regards to the contract thing, he actually agreed in priniciple a long time ago, it's just that Millen has been trying to hold out for that high pick, Harrington is just wanting Millen to let him go.

jmb1099
04-19-2006, 10:19 PM
I think that's putting it nicely. It's a toss up between him and David Carr on whom is scarred more from their respective situations. As I said before, who knows if the cliche new city/new team will benefit him.

Also, in regards to the contract thing, he actually agreed in priniciple a long time ago, it's just that Millen has been trying to hold out for that high pick, Harrington is just wanting Millen to let him go.
There is no way to know, but I suspect we will witness an improvement when he takes the field weather it will be enough to carry the team or not is what really remains to be seen.
Millen is Millen...I don't know what else to say about that situation. For Harrington's sake I hope he ends his suffering quickly

Samphin1
04-19-2006, 10:31 PM
Detroit better not be paying us back for the Scott Mitchell affair of many years ago...

I actually don't mind Harirngton stepping as a spot starter. It could be much worse, it could be Nall, or Losman...but I digress.

I don't want Harrington as a long term solution but I think everyone involved knows he is there to be Daunte's backup and relieve Daunte if/when Daunte can't go. Nothing more, nothing less.

Iehoshua
04-19-2006, 10:41 PM
...of course if the fins got him he's GOT to be wonderful...
:rolleyes:

...and they complain about Bills fans not being objective. I'd be livid if we tried signing that bust...

feelthepain
04-19-2006, 10:59 PM

...and they complain about Bills fans not being objective. I'd be livid if we tried signing that bust...

And I'd be livid if I were a Bill fan and my team had a ton of money to spend and they signed players that won't help much and still have millions to spend. So I guess we're even.

jmb1099
04-19-2006, 11:11 PM
And I'd be livid if I were a Bill fan and my team had a ton of money to spend and they signed players that won't help much and still have millions to spend. So I guess we're even.
We signed some guys that will help, in what capacity remains to be seen, but a couple of positions were upgrades.
Like I said in an earlier post in this thread, I think Harrington may have a fighting chance to do well with a better system. If nothing else he has the potential to be a very serviceable backup. I wouldn't give up too much for him, but at the right price he may be alright.

ajsdx
04-19-2006, 11:29 PM
Harrington at least has (had) potential. He was pretty good in the games I saw during his Oregon days...too bad he looks like he's been shot a couple times coming out of Detroit. What is most interesting is that the fins are signing a guy when they already have their QB of the future...just seems like an unnecessary move when they already have backup QBs on the roster. The only thing I can think of is that they're worried about Culpepper.

Nublar7
04-19-2006, 11:35 PM
Harrington at least has (had) potential. He was pretty good in the games I saw during his Oregon days...too bad he looks like he's been shot a couple times coming out of Detroit. What is most interesting is that the fins are signing a guy when they already have their QB of the future...just seems like an unnecessary move when they already have backup QBs on the roster. The only thing I can think of is that they're worried about Culpepper.It is called having a good insurance policy as a backup. Daunte probably will miss the first 3-5 games of the season, and I would be more comfortable with Harrington as the QB then I would with Jamie Martin, Tommy Maddox or Cleo Lemon. A good coach and GM make sure to strengthen their team as best as possible. The quarterback is the most important position on the team, and you don't want players who have never taken an NFL snap as your possible starter week 1.

ajsdx
04-20-2006, 01:30 AM
It is called having a good insurance policy as a backup. Daunte probably will miss the first 3-5 games of the season, and I would be more comfortable with Harrington as the QB then I would with Jamie Martin, Tommy Maddox or Cleo Lemon. A good coach and GM make sure to strengthen their team as best as possible. The quarterback is the most important position on the team, and you don't want players who have never taken an NFL snap as your possible starter week 1.

What happened to Sage and all those scrubs you guys kicked around last year?

LtFinFan66
04-20-2006, 02:11 AM
Sage is in Houston (scrub who looked like Marino for 1 1/2 quarters against you guys!)
Gus is in St. Louis

Cleo Lemon is it right now after Culpepper

!Papacrunk!
04-20-2006, 06:24 AM

lol have you read this thread?

Iehoshua
04-20-2006, 06:33 AM
Rosenfels > Harrington

LtFinFan66
04-20-2006, 06:34 AM
Rosenfels > HarringtonSage has 2 career starts and 1 awesome comeback under his belt. Harrington has many starts under his belt. Will gladly take him as a back-up

Iehoshua
04-20-2006, 06:37 AM
Sage has 2 career starts and 1 awesome comeback under his belt. Harrington has many starts under his belt. Will gladly take him as a back-up
Harrington has nothing awesome under his belt.

!Papacrunk!
04-20-2006, 06:39 AM
Sage has 2 career starts and 1 awesome comeback under his belt. Harrington has many starts under his belt. Will gladly take him as a back-up
I'd take them both and carry 4 QBs, but that ship has sailed. It'd been nice to have kept Sage, but I guess he just wanted to move on.

!Papacrunk!
04-20-2006, 06:40 AM
sounds a little personal there, lol

LtFinFan66
04-20-2006, 06:40 AM
Well I would have more faith with Joey starting the season till Daunte is ready than Sage. It was Detroit after all!

!Papacrunk!
04-20-2006, 06:50 AM
seriously though, his stats are horrible, especially for a high 1st round pick. He's not officially with the team, but if he does sign, he's specifically going to be the #2. Culpepper may be ready week 1, it may be week 9, so I guess one has to get the best out there, and from what's out there and what can fit your scheme good enough, and I guess Harrington fits that profile. There's really not a lot out there--Kerry Collins:doesn't really fit our scheme, Jamie Martin, who really is out there? To say it again, for negative or positive attributes, Harrington will be the #2. To be honest, we can't be too awestruck with the guy that took AJ Feeley's job away from him back in college.

Iehoshua
04-20-2006, 06:52 AM
sounds a little personal there, lol
Leave it to a phin fan to seek out something gay...

You can say it, it' okay.

Harrington doesn't suck, he blows.

Might be a good thing for Ricky...

Iehoshua
04-20-2006, 06:53 AM
seriously though, his stats are horrible, especially for a high 1st round pick. He's not officially with the team, but if he does sign, he's specifically going to be the #2. Culpepper may be ready week 1, it may be week 9, so I guess one has to get the best out there, and from what's out there and what can fit your scheme good enough, and I guess Harrington fits that profile. There's really not a lot out there--Kerry Collins:doesn't really fit our scheme, Jamie Martin, who really is out there? To say it again, for negative or positive attributes, Harrington will be the #2. To be honest, we can't be too awestruck with the guy that took AJ Feeley's job away from him back in college.
I do agree there...
The other options are as bad if not worse.

!Papacrunk!
04-20-2006, 07:18 AM
To go back to an earlier point I made about all boards having there homers/spinners/ those that try to be positive--I went to the Gang Green board and there is a 3 page thread about them going to the playoffs. Granted, every team has a chance to turn things around very fast IE the Bears, but every team has "those" kind of fans that try to spin things.

!Papacrunk!
04-20-2006, 07:19 AM
Leave it to a phin fan to seek out something gay...

You can say it, it' okay.

Harrington doesn't suck, he blows.

Might be a good thing for Ricky...
dooder, I was talking about which cleats he uses. That can be a very scared choice to make, lol

MOULDSROCKS
04-20-2006, 07:36 AM
Harrington and Culpepeper VS. losman, holcombe and nalls....hmm lets see......are you kidding me.....they are both better than any of the bills qb's unless of course you are ALL homers and cant admit to it!!

justasportsfan
04-20-2006, 08:23 AM
I wonder what Moolarkey can do with Harrington that Mariucci(sp) couldn't.

LtFinFan66
04-20-2006, 08:27 AM
I wonder what Moolarkey can do with Harrington that Mariucci(sp) couldn't.Steve M. didn't give him a huge chance. He went right out and brought Garcia in there

justasportsfan
04-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Steve M. didn't give him a huge chance. He went right out and brought Garcia in thereYou're kidding right? It's not like last year was SM's first/last year with the lions.

Harrington=Feeley :up:

!Papacrunk!
04-20-2006, 08:46 AM
Harrington=Feeley :up:
lol, you may be right, so hopefully Culpepper will be healthy sooner, not predicting season opener, but Harrington doesn't wow me, but need a decent #2, not looking for a world beater

justasportsfan
04-20-2006, 09:05 AM
not looking for a world beaterthe fins do like "wife beaters" though :D

!Papacrunk!
04-20-2006, 09:13 AM
the fins do like "wife beaters" though :D
hook in mouth :)

MDFINFAN
04-20-2006, 11:14 AM
I wonder what Moolarkey can do with Harrington that Mariucci(sp) couldn't.

It's called run a different O that plays to his strength, if Mooolarkey (I like that), can get Stewart to play to a high standard, I think he can do even more with the tool JH has. Plus I think our system is more QB friendly than the 2 systems Joey had to play in Detriot. But I will say this, in his first start against us when he came into the league, Detroit played a more vertical passing attack and JH gave Miami all it could handle in Miami before we finally beat them. I was very impressed with the young man after that game. But he hasn't had a OL really since he's been there, which is also what I think is hampering JP's development in Buffalo.

justasportsfan
04-20-2006, 11:39 AM
It's called run a different O that plays to his strength, if Mooolarkey (I like that), .He couldn't achieve that with Drew and JP. Drew ends up in Dallas and plays like a probowler. The only way he succeeds is that is if Saban is as good as Cowher and Parcells who can take MM by the hand and show him how to do it. Otheriwse Moolarkey can't do crap by himself.

Iehoshua
04-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Drew ends up in Dallas and plays like a probowler.
:gag:

justasportsfan
04-20-2006, 12:08 PM
:gag:close to it or way better than Moolarkey could ever do with Drew. We hated Gilbride but he sure made Drew a probowler in his first year. Moolarkey couldn't even come close.

MOULDSROCKS
04-20-2006, 09:25 PM

unknown because he sucks!! if he was any good he would have at least PLAYED!!!! let me guess, farve had his best year last year so they didnt have to play nall at all?? they could have put him in a dozen games last year to play because farve sucked so bad....yeah , nall is an unknown!!!
your football knowledge is truly incredible

Exile
04-20-2006, 09:46 PM
Fins are loading up for a superbowl run while buffalo is overflowing the toilet bowl with turds....harrington will be a good back up to culpepper!

SquishDaFish
04-20-2006, 09:50 PM
The same toilet bowl you eat out of Exile****?

SABURZFAN
10-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Fins are loading up for a superbowl run while buffalo is overflowing the toilet bowl with turds....harrington will be a good back up to culpepper!

too funny.... :roflmao: