PDA

View Full Version : My NEW perfect draft scenario

patmoran2006
04-19-2006, 07:40 PM
Due to the following circumstances:

1- SF getting an extra first rounder = bye bye V Davis at 6..
2- We're not taking a QB.
3- Oakland wants huff, plus I'm not sweating that anyway and
4- I dont think Bunkley OR Ngata are worth the 8th pick.

I am now PRAYING for a trade down, and I'll even tell you the team (two choices) Baltimore (13th) or Philly (14th).

Given the draft position and VALUE for the pick, I now have a number one desire for this team at that spot (Assuming DAvis is gone before 8- he will be now for sure).

That player's name is Kamerion Wimbley, DE.

I want this dude in the WORST way.

Rationale:
This team SOOO obviously needs to get better in the front seven (and interior of the OL).

Wimbley is a CLASSIC speed rusher (read more up on him if you dont know a lot about him). He brings the noise, and for the record he had TWO sacks on Brick and 5 tackles and a sack against Eric Winston this year.. Dont be fooled by his lack of size, his motor is sick.

At pick 13 or 14 he's PERFECT, and this is why.
With that extra second rounder (Balt would love Cutler or Philly w/Ngata) I take the DT who I think is physically better than the 'top two" anyway, and that player is Claude Wroten from LSU.. IMO< he will be a better pro than either Bunkley or Ngata, and ESPECIALLY in THIS PARTICULAR DEFENSE. He'd be perfect.

Second, second rounder without a shadow of the doubt is safety, and it's either Watkins or Bullocks.

Third rounder, BOTH picks go to the OL.. First one to the best guard available (I think Boothe or Spencer- one will be for SURE) and the second to a tackle to develop for 1-2 years.

To me I think thats the best we can do with this draft.. Your talking 2 for sure and possibly three new defensive starters and a new guard..

It would also be nice to sign Reyes, I really like him, compared to what we have now.

Folks, we need to trade down if we're not taking Cutler or YOung. .I dont think Bunkley or Ngata, and sure as hell not Winston Justice are worthy at 8.. I love Wimbley compared to them, and I think Wroten is physically as good as either in round two..

X-Era
04-19-2006, 07:49 PM

I am now PRAYING for a trade down, and I'll even tell you the team (two choices) Baltimore (13th) or Philly (14th).

Given the draft position and VALUE for the pick, I now have a number one desire for this team at that spot (Assuming DAvis is gone before 8- he will be now for sure).

Rationale:
This team SOOO obviously needs to get better in the front seven (and interior of the OL).

Wimbley is a CLASSIC speed rusher (read more up on him if you dont know a lot about him). He brings the noise, and for the record he had TWO sacks on Brick and 5 tackles and a sack against Eric Winston this year.. Dont be fooled by his lack of size, his motor is sick.

With that extra second rounder (Balt would love Cutler or Philly w/Ngata) I take the DT who I think is physically better than the 'top two" anyway, and that player is Claude Wroten from LSU.. IMO< he will be a better pro than either Bunkley or Ngata, and ESPECIALLY in THIS PARTICULAR DEFENSE. He'd be perfect.

Second, second rounder without a shadow of the doubt is safety, and it's either Watkins or Bullocks.

Third rounder, BOTH picks go to the OL.. First one to the best guard available (I think Boothe or Spencer- one will be for SURE) and the second to a tackle to develop for 1-2 years.

To me I think thats the best we can do with this draft.. Your talking 2 for sure and possibly three new defensive starters and a new guard..

It would also be nice to sign Reyes, I really like him, compared to what we have now.

Folks, we need to trade down if we're not taking Cutler or YOung. .I dont think Bunkley or Ngata, and sure as hell not Winston Justice are worthy at 8.. I love Wimbley compared to them, and I think Wroten is physically as good as either in round two..
Why are you so sure Davis is gone at 8? I actually thought the opposite. Why?

Well, SF is getting ready to move up I think. I bet they have Mario Williams or AJ Hawk as their "must have". It might even be to try to move up to #1 for Reggie. It would take alot for them to do it. But the Texans may listen if the price is right. SF certainly doesnt have a RB worth a turd. Barlow was decent one year and now stinks again.

I see SF moving to at least 4 and landing the top D player if still there. Most likely Mario Williams.

Heres how I see it playing out:

Tex- Bush
NO- trades with SF, SF- Mario Williams
Tenn- Leinhart
NYJ- D'Brick
GB- AJ Hawk
NO- Cutler
Oak- Huff
Bills- Davis

OR

Tex trades with SF, SF- Bush
NO- Williams
Tenn Leinhart
NYJ- D'Brick
GB- Hawk
Tex- Davis? Maybe not, they just signed Moulds and have Johnson. Ngata? Maybe
Oak- Huff
Bills- Davis

I can still see Davis falling to us if SF trades up.

Im adding a bit more. Tex doesnt need a RB with D Davis and NO doesnt need a QB with Brees. Both need alot, though, and could trade down.

clumping platelets
04-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Wimbley is not a 4-3 DE........he's a 3-4 OLB pass rusher type

Bill Brasky
04-19-2006, 08:41 PM

... Dude....

Nighthawk
04-19-2006, 09:02 PM

No offense, but this sounds a little...:limp:

:wtf:

Slim
04-19-2006, 09:03 PM
If Young is there I think Oakland takes him, and i PRAY we get Huff.

Nighthawk
04-19-2006, 09:05 PM

Rationale:

In all seriousness, this will never happen. It would be another case where Buffalo doesn't address a need. We've had enough of those drafts and we don't have the luxury to do that again. We NEED to address the lines in the early rounds...period, end of discussion. Although, this would be addressing the DL, it doesn't address where we need the most help and that is DT. Next in line is OL, either a guard or LT. Then a safety...

Marvelous
04-19-2006, 09:10 PM
I dont think Bunkley or Ngata, and sure as hell not Winston Justice are worthy at 8.. I agree with this 100%. a 2nd round DT just isn't gonna beat out Anderson. Atleast not likely. And 8 is just to high for the position, not the player. Is Ngata better then Henderon or Stroud when they where about to be drafted? I dunno. I dislike the position we are in this year. Too much pressure.

I'm a lil worried that Marv blunders it. But until he does i'm behind him..

Nighthawk
04-19-2006, 09:14 PM
I agree with this 100%. a 2nd round DT just isn't gonna beat out Anderson. Atleast not likely. And 8 is just to high for the position, not the player. Is Ngata better then Henderon or Stroud when they where about to be drafted? I dunno. I dislike the position we are in this year. Too much pressure.

Guys, forget about draft position and think about who is the best fit for this team. I truly believe teams over think the entire draft and end up choosing the wrong player when they could have addressed a major need and made the team better. I don't want to move back just because I don't think the guy I want is supposed to be picked at #8, I want to take the player that is going to help the most in turning this team around.

Dr. Lecter
04-19-2006, 10:13 PM
A trade down to 14 would make that spot the perfect place to take Justice or Bunkley.

mikemac2001
04-19-2006, 10:57 PM
Brick Huff Hawk Davis all work for me haha but will one fall?

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 12:55 AM
I agree with this 100%. a 2nd round DT just isn't gonna beat out Anderson. Atleast not likely. And 8 is just to high for the position, not the player. Is Ngata better then Henderon or Stroud when they where about to be drafted? I dunno. I dislike the position we are in this year. Too much pressure.

Calude Wrotten a 2nd round DT could easily beat out Anderson, hell I could see a player like McCargo, Harris, and Stanley all beating out Anderson. I have 0 confidence in him right now.

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 12:56 AM
I dont like Wimbley he is a 3-4 OLB not a 4-3 Down lineman. Clump is right he does not fit our team well at all.

Bmax
04-20-2006, 01:46 AM
Mccargo or lewis would be a good pick up in rd 2 or 3.. Watch out for John jolly in rd 5-7......

Bmax

Philagape
04-20-2006, 10:29 AM
Guys, forget about draft position and think about who is the best fit for this team. I truly believe teams over think the entire draft and end up choosing the wrong player when they could have addressed a major need and made the team better. I don't want to move back just because I don't think the guy I want is supposed to be picked at #8, I want to take the player that is going to help the most in turning this team around.

:bf1:

We cannot let draft position or projections dictate who we're going to take. The Bills' draft board is the only one that matters. If they want a certain player, they should take him no matter what anyone else thinks. If he's a good fit and helps our team, it doesn't matter if it was "too high" to take him.

BigGabes23
04-20-2006, 10:48 AM
Sorry Pat, I normally agree with you, but I Don't think Wimbley is a fit for our system, and he will not make it past the browns or Balt (if we moved to 14).

Best case: 3 QBs gone in top 7, and (in order)
Furgurson, Hawk, Davis, Huff fall to us.

Second best - Trade down to someone how wants a QB, Balt, Vikes, Dal very possible.

Third best 2 Qb's go in the top 7 Huff or davis fall to us.

Fourth best - Take buckley, A bit of a reach, but not bad

TacklingDummy
04-20-2006, 10:52 AM
The Bills are not drafting a TE with their 1st pick.

Im all for trading down. O-linemen can be found in the late 1st round or 2,3,4,5th rounds.

Patrick76777
04-20-2006, 11:28 AM
Wimbley??? Please god. No more "High Motor" small guys!!!!!

We need a LT or a DT. Who cares if the best LT or DT are slotted for 12 and we pick at 8. That's a terrible reason to not take a player.

BigGabes23
04-20-2006, 11:31 AM
I actually think the 49ers will now be able to use their 6th pick on Defense, and get a TE/WR at 22. M Lewis, and M Pope will both be available, and maybe a top WR slips there as well.

X-Era
04-20-2006, 02:39 PM
The Bills are not drafting a TE with their 1st pick.

Im all for trading down. O-linemen can be found in the late 1st round or 2,3,4,5th rounds.

The Bills are not listening to any Dummy here!

patmoran2006
04-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Wimbley??? Please god. No more "High Motor" small guys!!!!!

We need a LT or a DT. Who cares if the best LT or DT are slotted for 12 and we pick at 8. That's a terrible reason to not take a player.

Bunkley I could see at 8 because he's good..

Justice, no.. NOt just cause its the 8th pick.. I think he's going to be a huge bust, because he is totally ******ed and immature..

BTW< I read in a thread earlier.. You work at the M&T Center?

Patrick76777
04-21-2006, 08:14 AM
Bunkley I could see at 8 because he's good..

Justice, no.. NOt just cause its the 8th pick.. I think he's going to be a huge bust, because he is totally ******ed and immature..

BTW< I read in a thread earlier.. You work at the M&T Center?

3rd floor! Compliance

clumping platelets
04-21-2006, 08:17 AM
I dont like Wimbley he is a 3-4 OLB not a 4-3 Down lineman. Clump is right he does not fit our team well at all.

:handball:

Mitchy moo
04-21-2006, 09:03 AM

:bullseye: