PDA

View Full Version : Need comments on 1st round of BillsZone mock draft

G. Host
04-19-2006, 09:01 PM
I know nothing about college football but they want to post on the BillsZone mock draft ( http://members.cox.net/billswatch/2006_draft_picks.html ). I am looking for comments on what you think about the draft - who was a reach, who picked up a player who was unrated, etc. especially from the Mock GMs. Right now I am looking for 1st round comments only and post them rather than PM since my mailbox is getting full.

To those who has looked at Potential Draft Picks ( http://members.cox.net/billswatch/2006_draft_picks.html ) does anyone know where I got the list from? It came from a national writer; as I said, I do not know much about college football.

Nighthawk
04-19-2006, 09:07 PM
Winston Justice to the Raiders? Umm, will never happen...

G. Host
04-20-2006, 06:36 AM
So why has OLB Kamerion Wimbley fallen so far? He was rated as a first round talent and is only 1st round talent to not have been picked. Four OLBs rated lower than him have been picked.

mysticsoto
04-20-2006, 07:40 AM
I was disappointed that the Bills consensus went so fast. The mock draft started after I left work Friday and I didn't realize it until I logged in Saturday afternoon, and by then we were past Buffalo...I didn't feel like alot of people got a chance to vote who they wanted.

As for choices, at the risk of upsetting someone, these are the only choices I'd wonder about:

Oakland - Taking Winston Justice when they have so many needs on defense...they just took Gallery last year and I doubt they'd sign another Tackle with their 1st rounder two consecutive years in a row. Plus, they have no real QB.

Arizona - not taking Cutler ? This is exactly what they need.

Minnesota - grabbing a Guard that high at pick#17??? Atleast one of the top 3 guards will probably be there when their turn comes around in the 2nd round...

Pittsburgh - Lendale still being chosen in the 1st rd despite a torn hamstring? I don't feel like they'd take that chance - atleast not with their 1st rd pick. Plus, aren't their reports of him being lazy and wasn't he hesitant to work out? Pittsburgh likes old fashioned football players that are tough. Mangold seems to fit their mold better.

Everything else seemed reasonable to me...

R. Rich
04-20-2006, 08:03 AM
I was disappointed that the Bills consensus went so fast. The mock draft started after I left work Friday and I didn't realize it until I logged in Saturday afternoon, and by then we were past Buffalo...I didn't feel like alot of people got a chance to vote who they wanted.

As for choices, at the risk of upsetting someone, these are the only choices I'd wonder about:

Oakland - Taking Winston Justice when they have so many needs on defense...they just took Gallery last year and I doubt they'd sign another Tackle with their 1st rounder two consecutive years in a row. Plus, they have no real QB.

Arizona - not taking Cutler ? This is exactly what they need.

Minnesota - grabbing a Guard that high at pick#17??? Atleast one of the top 3 guards will probably be there when their turn comes around in the 2nd round...

Pittsburgh - Lendale still being chosen in the 1st rd despite a torn hamstring? I don't feel like they'd take that chance - atleast not with their 1st rd pick. Plus, aren't their reports of him being lazy and wasn't he hesitant to work out? Pittsburgh likes old fashioned football players that are tough. Mangold seems to fit their mold better.

Everything else seemed reasonable to me...

Gallery was taken 2 years ago by the Raiders. They didn't have a first round pick last year due to the Randy Moss trade. Their pick went to the Vikes, who drafted Troy Williamson.

Pittsburgh? I thought about Mangold also, but decided to go w/ White as I know they'd love to get him and do not need to plug him in immediately since they have Fast Willie (people seem to forget he's a 1,200 yard rusher from last season) and can get enough mileage out of Duce Staley until LenDale is ready. Actually, if there wasn't such a run on LBs, I would've strongly considered a guy like Thomas Howard or Manny Lawson w/ that pick as well.

clumping platelets
04-20-2006, 08:26 AM
That Jets GM sure knows his stuff :up:

LtFinFan66
04-20-2006, 08:29 AM
:down: to the Jets GM

mysticsoto
04-20-2006, 08:57 AM
Gallery was taken 2 years ago by the Raiders. They didn't have a first round pick last year due to the Randy Moss trade. Their pick went to the Vikes, who drafted Troy Williamson.

Pittsburgh? I thought about Mangold also, but decided to go w/ White as I know they'd love to get him and do not need to plug him in immediately since they have Fast Willie (people seem to forget he's a 1,200 yard rusher from last season) and can get enough mileage out of Duce Staley until LenDale is ready. Actually, if there wasn't such a run on LBs, I would've strongly considered a guy like Thomas Howard or Manny Lawson w/ that pick as well.

I was actually disappointed that Pittsburgh didn't use Willie Parker more. The kid was awesome when he was in. They kept putting the Bus in to give him a last hurrah for the year - but quite frankly, I thought Parker outplayed Bettis whenever he was in and should've been the starter. Given that they won the superbowl, it probably doesn't matter, but I'd say Parker has earned the right to start - which is why I wouldn't give a 1st rd to draft a RB and would probably wait untilt he 3rd to get one. If they start Parker this year, as I think they should, he will probably be a contender for a top 5 back in the league...

R. Rich
04-20-2006, 09:04 AM
I was actually disappointed that Pittsburgh didn't use Willie Parker more. The kid was awesome when he was in. They kept putting the Bus in to give him a last hurrah for the year - but quite frankly, I thought Parker outplayed Bettis whenever he was in and should've been the starter. Given that they won the superbowl, it probably doesn't matter, but I'd say Parker has earned the right to start - which is why I wouldn't give a 1st rd to draft a RB and would probably wait untilt he 3rd to get one. If they start Parker this year, as I think they should, he will probably be a contender for a top 5 back in the league...

Parker was not as good @ running between the tackles as Bettis, nor was he as effective @ killing the clock for the Steelers. That's why Bettis got the carries that he did, when he did.

I agree w/ you about Parker's potential. You know who else I think could be a really good back but is wasted as a backup? Michael "Burner" Turner, who is backing up Tomlinson in San Diego.

G. Host
04-20-2006, 02:12 PM
I'll try to leave Buffalo poll up longer. Some people are SOOOO impatient I probably pulled trigger too fast but Bills pick seemed very heavily in favor of one player.
Maybe I'll put up a poll and only count those who actually are GMs.

Devin
04-20-2006, 02:15 PM
The Saints need AJ Hawk waaaaaaay more then Mario, but since we cant trade I just couldnt justify taking Hawk at 2.

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 02:23 PM
That Arizona team is going to have a dominant D for years to come, and we did not take Cutler bc we think we can get a QB later in the draft who we'd like to groom behind Warner.

Saratoga Slim
04-20-2006, 02:35 PM

sounds like a man who had Parker on his fantasy roster.....I did too. f-in Pittsburgh and their RB-committee

mysticsoto
04-20-2006, 02:49 PM
sounds like a man who had Parker on his fantasy roster.....I did too. f-in Pittsburgh and their RB-committee

:nod: