PDA

View Full Version : For those pro Bunkley

Sportsuser101
04-19-2006, 11:24 PM
Please explain to me why you like him better then Ngata. I just don't see it all. I don't even think the comparison is even close. I think Ngata is far and away the best DT in the draft and 1 of the best DT to come into the NFL in a long time.

Pinkerton Security
04-19-2006, 11:28 PM
I agree with you, but people argue that Ngata will wear down quickly and is not as technically sound as Bunkley. Still, I also think that Ngata is a better DT.

Mahdi
04-20-2006, 02:12 AM
I dont think its that one is better than the other, its that one is better suited than the other for the Bills scheme which is penetration and speed, and that is Bunkley.

ddaryl
04-20-2006, 04:24 AM
I think you complement a speed DT with a Big 2 gap DT like Ngata. Ngata is a player who is suited for occupying 2 OL, which frees up the speed portion of our DL ot make plays.

I think the Bills liek Ngata over Bunkley

don137
04-20-2006, 07:22 AM
Some people prefer the speed and quickness of Bunkley over the bulk of Ngata. I think both are good they just have two different styles. Some want speed some want bulk. Kind of like pitchers. Some like the fastball pitchers and some like the pitchers that throw the change ups...

Mahdi
04-20-2006, 08:15 AM
I think you complement a speed DT with a Big 2 gap DT like Ngata. Ngata is a player who is suited for occupying 2 OL, which frees up the speed portion of our DL ot make plays.

I think the Bills liek Ngata over Bunkley
Cover 2 Defense is not meant to have DT who occupy blockers, its about penetration to the ball quickly. And if you look at the cover 2 teams in the league you will notice that the heaviest starting DT is about 306, there are no cloggers.

GarnOFreak
04-20-2006, 08:25 AM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/prospects/haloti_ngata.html
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/halotingata.html
http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3378&SPID=233&DB_OEM_ID=500&ATCLID=22368&Q_SEASON=2005

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/prospects/brodrick_bunkley.html
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/brodrickbunkley.html
http://seminoles.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/bunkley_brodrick00.html

www.eastcoastsports.com
8. Buffalo Bills...DT Haloti Ngata (Oregon)...The Bills need a DT...Ngata isn't viewed as a perfect fit in the Bills new Defensive scheme...but he has good quickness for a big man and the ability to be a one gap penetrator...DT Bunkley has issues that won't fit into what GM Marv Levy wants in a prospect...the Bills could be looking to move out of this pick and may have a trading partner in the Cowboys who would like to leap-frog the Lions to land Michael Huff.
12. Cleveland Browns...DT/DE Broderick Bunkley (Florida State)...The Browns are looking for an OLB that can be taken under the wing of veteran Willie McGinest and might be looking for a trading partner to move down a bit for Manny Lawson...they are also looking for another NT and a DE...if they keep this pick Bunkley will play End for the team in their 3 man front.

http://ourlads.com/2006NFLMockDraft.html
8 Buffalo Bills Brodrick Bunkley DT Florida St.
24 Cincinnati Bengals Haloti Ngata DT Oregon

I think initially Ngata was touted as the best DT in the draft and Bunkley has been slowly gaining ground on him since the end of the season. Either one will be appreciated, I guess it just depends which our FO likes more(good run stuffer/average pass rush or average run stuffer/good pass rush). Whichver one we don't take will end up going somewhere between 11 to 14. If we trade down past 14, both will likely be gone.(which is not end of the world, these two are definitely the top tier at their position NT and DT respectively)

bigbub2352
04-20-2006, 08:44 AM
I started a thread a few wekks ago about why u dont want to take Bunkley with the 8th pick he has an injury riddle past, also academic problems and he was arressted for stealing from walmart all while at FSU, Tore his ACL in highschool, had tendon removed a year ago, had severe ankle injury, plus he has charchter issues, too risky for 8, but if we trade and get say the 14th 15th pick i would take him in a second, I feel Ngata is the safer pick plus he has been consistent thru his career at Oregon, and Bunkley had one good year as a senior at FSU we will see...

R. Rich
04-20-2006, 09:17 AM
Ngata is the greatest DT prospect in decades, maybe even the greatest ever. We will draft him, then win a ton of Super Bowls. He will also cure cancer, balance the budget, and bring peace to the Middle East in his spare time.

Tatonka
04-20-2006, 09:20 AM
Ngata is the greatest DT prospect in decades, maybe even the greatest ever. We will draft him, then win a ton of Super Bowls. He will also cure cancer, balance the budget, and bring peace to the Middle East in his spare time.

i get the sarcasm.. but who here or anywhere has said anything close to that?

ublinkwescore
04-20-2006, 09:29 AM
Rich, if you don't start bringing something to the table, I'm gonna start beating you.

R. Rich
04-20-2006, 09:35 AM
i get the sarcasm.. but who here or anywhere has said anything close to that?

I dunno....

Ickybaluky
04-20-2006, 09:59 AM
I think Ngata is far and away the best DT in the draft and 1 of the best DT to come into the NFL in a long time.

Ngata is considered the best DT in the draft from what I've read, but I also read that part of the reason for his high ranking is the weak DT class. If he had come out a couple years ago when the DT class was strong he would have been rated a late-first round pick. I don't think he is the special player you are making him out to be. He is a big, strong guy who will eat up space, but he hasn't been as great a football player as physical specimen.

I think Reggie Bush, Mario Williams, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Vernon Davis, A.J. Hawk and Michael Huff are the 6 non-QBs in this draft that are most certain to be impact players. If I were the Bills, I'd hope to get one of those guys.

If they were gone, I'd consider taking Leinert, Young, Bunkley. One thing you can't deny is Bunkley best suits what the Bills hope to do on defense (one-gap) and thus I'd rate him higher for the Bills. Ngata just isn't as good a fit for the style of defense the Bills are implementing.

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 10:02 AM
[quote=GarnOFreak]the Bills could be looking to move out of this pick and may have a trading partner in the Cowboys who would like to leap-frog the Lions to land Michael Huff.[quote]

I definately see that as a possibility. I said this in another thread, I have seen NOTHING from the BILLS saying that Ngata doesn't fit into their cover 2 defense.

Tatonka
04-20-2006, 10:03 AM
I dunno....

:negrep:

lordofgun
04-20-2006, 10:18 AM
Ngata isn't all he's quacked up to be. :::

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 10:28 AM
I dont see why people are all pumped up about Ngata look at the kids stats he has done nothing to warrant his high ranking except take up space. Dont get me wrong he is the best in the class at that and he tackles when when ran at. But we do not need a plugger, we have ours in Tripplett he is the ideal big tackle for the cover 2 D. Ngata does not penetrate of collapse the pocket well and struggled with consistency in a conference that is arguably the weakest among the BCS conferences. I see no reason to bring him here, as he doesnt fit our scheme and has had injury issues and has not put up big numbers in any big games. The guy is strong as hell, and can take up two blockers. Well hell we could of signed Big Ted for that and kept the 8 pick for something else, dont you think that would of been the smarter and probably cheaper move. The 8 pick is gona command a ton of money, I think Ted could of been brought in at a lower tag and he's the best in the business. Ngata got tired at Oregon too often and his conditioning was tip top, I dont get how when people see this assume he's all the sudden going to be touched by god and become a conditioned freak esp when he's going against, bigger, better, and stronger comp. He's going to wear out, he's going to get tired, its the nature of the beast. Im nto saying its a bad thing, everybody needs a play or two off. My complaint with him is that it happens too often. I think some posters are still yet to grasp or want to grasp what is sincerely needed for a successful cover 2 D, and are still stuck in the past when we always had big tackles.

Bill Cody
04-20-2006, 10:34 AM
I started a thread a few wekks ago about why u dont want to take Bunkley with the 8th pick he has an injury riddle past, also academic problems and he was arressted for stealing from walmart all while at FSU, Tore his ACL in highschool, had tendon removed a year ago, had severe ankle injury, plus he has charchter issues, too risky for 8, but if we trade and get say the 14th 15th pick i would take him in a second, I feel Ngata is the safer pick plus he has been consistent thru his career at Oregon, and Bunkley had one good year as a senior at FSU we will see...

Ngata has had knee issues also.

Ickybaluky
04-20-2006, 10:45 AM
Ngata has had knee issues also.

Tore his ACL in 2003.

bigbub2352
04-20-2006, 01:08 PM
i dont think ngata got caught stealing from walmart, or barely passed classes at Football factory FSU, i am just saying that he fits Marv's charachter category better than Bunkley, Plus Ngata is more motivated than ever he declared early to take care of his family after losing both parents in a year, i will take that motivation over stealing and being a moron any day