X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clumping platelets
    • Jun 2024

What are y'alls thoughts on this?

I'm not necessarily advocating, but I wonder what people think about this scenario....if the cost to the Bills to swap places with NO for #2 overall was just Nate Clements so we could draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson...do you do it?? Under this scenarion, the Bills would absolutely need to also draft a young CB in rd 2 or possibly use the extra 3rd to move into the late 1st for one.....solidifying the OL is a primary need....with a better OL, it gives the QBs a better chance of success.....instead of giving mega millions to Nate....give it to Da Brick!

The 49ers/Broncos trade.....has a move from early 2nd to mid-late 1st rd pegged at a early 3rd...thus the Bills could move up to 24-28 range using 3,70

1,2 - OT D' Brickashaw Ferguson (Virginia)
    Late 1st - CB Johnathan Joseph (So. Carolina)
    3,73 - DT Rodrique Wright (Texas)
    4,105 - G Guy Whimper (East Carolina)
    5,134 - DB Eric Smith (Michigan St)
    5,143 - LB Keith Ellison (Oregon St)
    6,178 - WR Jonathan Orr (Wisconsin)
    7,216 - DE Matthew Rice (Penn St)
    7,248 - DB Raymond Washington (Fresno St)

• YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: What are y'alls thoughts on this?

I'd prefer they trade down and pick up one or two more picks still, but if Marv pulled the trigger to go after D'Brick I wouldn't *****.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• clumping platelets

Da Brick is the only player I would trade up for but under this scenario, we would weaken CB to fortify the OL.....

I really do believe the Bills trade down........

Comment

• mikemac2001
        is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
        • Mar 2003

dont see it happening and id rather trade nate for a 1st or real early 2nd anyways he wont be here after this year so whats the point

MUCK
        FIAMI

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Clump, I would go clements, and our 3nd #3 and our first to move up for dbrick. That leaves us our 2nd, 3rd etc.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

According to the value chart the difference between the #8 and #2 pick is 1600 points. That means you are setting Clements value equal to the #6 overall pick.

Do you think Clements is worth the #6 overall selection? Do you think SF would trade that pick straight up for Clements?

I don't.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

I could of seen Denver moving 22 for Clements straight up but we blew that when SF stole for a 2nd and 3rd. Assuming we can get a late 1st for Clements (I also think wed have to throw in a day 2 pick like one of our 5th rd picks), we should do this;

1a.S Huff-Texas
              1b.OT Winston-Miami
              2.CB Youboty-OSU
              3a.DT Harris-Miami
              3b.OG Spencer-Pitt
              4.LB Wilkerson-GT
              5.DT Stanley-Louisville
              6.QB Jackson-ASU
              7a.DE Rucker-USC
              7b.WR Quillen-Louisana Monroe
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                I could of seen Denver moving 22 for Clements straight up but we blew that when SF stole for a 2nd and 3rd. Assuming we can get a late 1st for Clements (I also think wed have to throw in a day 2 pick like one of our 5th rd picks), we should do this;

1a.S Huff-Texas
                1b.OT Winston-Miami
                2.CB Youboty-OSU
                3a.DT Harris-Miami
                3b.OG Spencer-Pitt
                4.LB Wilkerson-GT
                5.DT Stanley-Louisville
                6.QB Jackson-ASU
                7a.DE Rucker-USC
                7b.WR Quillen-Louisana Monroe
                Huff would have to move to CB if we take him at #8. No safety in this draft, including huff, is worth #8. Roy Williams re defined the safety position in College. Huff, not even close. That is why RW was picked so high. If someone else wants him (Dallas) hey make the trade and do so QUICKLY!

Comment

• oldno711
                  • Mar 2004

I'd do it...I don't think re-signing Nate will be a possibility after this year anyway.

Trade Nate. Draft Brick. Snag a CB who will fit our Cover 2 scheme in the 3rd/4th.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                    Huff would have to move to CB if we take him at #8. No safety in this draft, including huff, is worth #8. Roy Williams re defined the safety position in College. Huff, not even close. That is why RW was picked so high. If someone else wants him (Dallas) hey make the trade and do so QUICKLY!

Michael Huff is of the same mold as Roy Williams was at college, hell Huff stepped right into Williams shoes essentially at UT. Is there a Texas player youd like to see Buffalo take?
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      Michael Huff is of the same mold as Roy Williams was at college, hell Huff stepped right into Williams shoes essentially at UT. Is there a Texas player youd like to see Buffalo take?
                      DB I like ya but you are full of crap on this one. He isn't 1/2 what Roy Williams was in college. Please stop. the ONLY difference is 40 time. and Huff runs the 110m At Texas and practiced his 40 times out the wazoo before the combine.

Huff didn't re define the position, Williams did.To answer your question I kinda like Rodrique Wright. Has an NFL Pedigree with his uncle and cousin I believe. Tends to get lazy though. But when he is on, could fit well with us. I just hope he doesn't turn into a Mike williams 'check collector' type.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

Roy Williams was a heck of a college player, but I don't think that is the point. The point is how good they are as pros.

Huff has enough size and toughness to play SS safety and the range to play WS safety. He has the ability to drop down and cover. That kind of versatility separates him from Williams. Williams is a good player, but he is a in-the-box S who plays like a LB. Williams has coverage liabilities that make him much less effective when he can't play up in the box.

Huff is a unique player, and his versatility makes him a very valuable player. He can make in impact and allow a defense to remain in their base package while still being able to cover if teams spread things out (Williams is neutralized when teams go to spread sets). Huff is a ballhawk who has a nose for the ball, and can make big plays. He is well worth a top-ten selection, IMO, and a sure bet to make an immediate impact on any team that drafts him.

Plus, you may not like Texas, but they have a history of producing NFL DB's.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                          Roy Williams was a heck of a college player, but I don't think that is the point. The point is how good they are as pros.

Huff has enough size and toughness to play SS safety and the range to play WS safety. He has the ability to drop down and cover. That kind of versatility separates him from Williams. Williams is a good player, but he is a in-the-box S who plays like a LB. Williams has coverage liabilities that make him much less effective when he can't play up in the box.

Huff is a unique player, and his versatility makes him a very valuable player. He can make in impact and allow a defense to remain in their base package while still being able to cover if teams spread things out (Williams is neutralized when teams go to spread sets). Huff is a ballhawk who has a nose for the ball, and can make big plays. He is well worth a top-ten selection, IMO, and a sure bet to make an immediate impact on any team that drafts him.

Plus, you may not like Texas, but they have a history of producing NFL DB's.
                          AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!!!

COMING SOON...

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

Almost every NFL comparison ive seen of Huff is to Ed Reed.
                            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
                              Almost every NFL comparison ive seen of Huff is to Ed Reed.

Who is a better S than Roy Williams
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X