PDA

View Full Version : Get behind the Bills

save.ourbills
04-20-2006, 07:26 AM
As you all know, Ralph Wilson has mentioned that the Bills could be moving soon due the the CBA not allowing smaller teams to survive. So, it's time to send a message to the NFL saying that we can't let that happen.
http://www.saveourbills.org is a new website that will let you get involved in the fight to keep our football team in WNY. Sign the petition, get apparel, and much more. Also, talk this website up with your fellow Bills fans and have them sign the petition. This has the potential to get really big so I ask you for your help.
Thanks a lot for your support, and Go Bills!

Jan Reimers
04-20-2006, 07:45 AM
Great idea. Thanks.

!Papacrunk!
04-20-2006, 07:47 AM
so will the merchandise sales go to Ralph Wilson, since money is being made from his product. Other than that, it's great to get the word out there.

save.ourbills
04-20-2006, 08:00 AM
If you're talking about the SaveOurBills merchandise, that money will go back into the community.

Jan Reimers
04-20-2006, 08:02 AM
Come on, Zoners, start by signing the petition. Tens of thousands of signatures will at least show that we care.

Then think about getting involved in other ways.

clumping platelets
04-20-2006, 08:13 AM
:up:

mybills
04-20-2006, 08:17 AM
LOL..

edit* it won't let me post the pic, but the "priceless" t-shirt about the dad being a referee is pretty funny!

TedMock
04-20-2006, 08:18 AM
What's with the high school football picture behind the letter to the commish? You should get a picture where the upper deck isn't empty. Of course I'll sign it!!!

save.ourbills
04-20-2006, 08:29 AM
Ted, good point...wouldn't really send out much of a message :)

Mr. Miyagi
04-20-2006, 08:30 AM
How can I be sure that the proceeds aren't going into some teenager's X-box games collection?

save.ourbills
04-20-2006, 08:36 AM
All of this is done with the best of the community in mind...no money made by this campaign will go to me.

Mr. Miyagi
04-20-2006, 08:42 AM
All of this is done with the best of the community in mind...no money made by this campaign will go to me.
Sure I'd like to trust you, but I don't know you from Adam.

Any documentation or disclaimer stating as such?

save.ourbills
04-20-2006, 09:04 AM
It's right on the home page, on the bottom--check it out

!Papacrunk!
04-20-2006, 09:17 AM
no offense, but "giving back to the community" still seems a bit vague. When money is involved, especially in a charitable manner, one has to spell it out and state exactly where the money will go to as opposed to a general to the community. I think the message is great, but you should be a bit more specific IMO of where the money is going to

save.ourbills
04-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Hunter's Hope seems like a natural choice...I'll work on it.

Jan Reimers
04-20-2006, 10:52 AM
At least sign the petition, even if you're sceptical about the merchandise proceeds. It costs nothing to sign, and it may get some attention.

Billsrock4life
04-20-2006, 10:53 AM
great idea, i'll check it out

ParanoidAndroid
04-20-2006, 11:25 AM
I signed the petition. If you can get high profile community members to make some form of contribution to your site, such as a quote, vocal support, or maybe a photo or interview, it would do wonders for this cause. You could use your site to organize rallies as well. One other suggestion is to make the money side of this site more visible. Show us how many of each item you have sold, show the profit and show us where the funds are going.
If you need someone to help send out e-mails, I think I can do that...Teaching and coaching command a lot of my time, but I will do my best. I am sending out an e-mail to everyone in the Central Virginia Bills Backers. I think we are more than 80 strong and growing.

Mr. Miyagi
04-20-2006, 12:07 PM
no offense, but "giving back to the community" still seems a bit vague. When money is involved, especially in a charitable manner, one has to spell it out and state exactly where the money will go to as opposed to a general to the community. I think the message is great, but you should be a bit more specific IMO of where the money is going to
I agree. I signed the petition already but I have no idea what "giving back to the community" means. Blowing the dough in a strip joint technically qualifies for that.

TedMock
04-20-2006, 01:15 PM
I sent it to everybody I know. It may, or may not, mean a thing, but it certainly will show how loyal the fans are. It was at 44 when I went to lunch, and 108 when I came back! Not bad.

Jan Reimers
04-20-2006, 01:18 PM
I agree. I signed the petition already but I have no idea what "giving back to the community" means. Blowing the dough in a strip joint technically qualifies for that.
That would be one of my favorite forms of community involvement.

But seriously, people should still continue to sign the petition. It's simply one more thing we should all do. I believe that the kind words of Tagliabue and Schumer don't necessarily get us out of the woods on this.