PDA

View Full Version : Worst case scenario...

Tatonka
04-20-2006, 10:08 AM
in your opinion.. what is tne absolute worst thing possible that could happen with our first round draft pick... what would make you literally scream profanities uncontrollably right after it happened? and be realistic.. dont say "they draft lendale white at 8" when there is obviously no way it could happen.

i think the worst possible thing that could happened would be to draft jay cutler at pick number 8. hands down, i would blow a gasket.

:rant:

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 10:14 AM
Worst Case scenario;

TE Vernon Davis
S Michael Huff
OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
LB AJ Hawk
DE Mario Williams
DT Broderick Bunkley
QB Vince Young
RB Reggie Bush-just for you Philagape

are all gone and we are left being forced to take Ngata, Cutler, or Justice at the 8. I dont think any team would want to trade up with us at this selection. At this time you may see us take a serious reach for somebody who we want bc we cant trade down to get them, like a Jimmy Williams, or Eric Winston.

mayotm
04-20-2006, 10:19 AM
in your opinion.. what is tne absolute worst thing possible that could happen with our first round draft pick... what would make you literally scream profanities uncontrollably right after it happened? and be realistic.. dont say "they draft lendale white at 8" when there is obviously no way it could happen.

i think the worst possible thing that could happened would be to draft jay cutler at pick number 8. hands down, i would blow a gasket.

:rant:I with you. I will be pissed if they draft Cutler or any other QB. I look forward to JP proving that he is our QB of the future.

oldno711
04-20-2006, 10:19 AM

I agree. Drafting Cutler or Young would force my head through the television.

:blowup:

jmb1099
04-20-2006, 10:21 AM
I will come undone if we draft a qb or receiver

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 10:22 AM
Worst Case scenario;

TE Vernon Davis
S Michael Huff
OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
LB AJ Hawk
DE Mario Williams
DT Broderick Bunkley
QB Vince Young

are all gone and we are left being forced to take Ngata, Cutler, or Justice at the 8. I dont think any team would want to trade up with us at this selection. At this time you may see us take a serious reach for somebody who we want bc we cant trade down to get them, like a Jimmy Williams, or Eric Winston.

See I still dont' get this, why is there an issue with Ngata at #8? Until that fuggin combine, NO ONE had an issue with him, in fact he was THE pick on this board.

I hate the GDamn combine. It makes everyone stupid (not you persay DB, just in general). Screw the damn combine. Go on where players are rated at the end of the season. Unless you are L White and totally go to SH@! after, then one friggin workout vs years of playing me NOTHING!

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 10:23 AM
I know many here would love the result, but we draft a QB, I'm done with this team period. I have problems dealing with stupid people as is, and drafting a QB would be the dumbest move EVER by this franchise.

Huff is right behind that as well. WE HAVE SAFETYS! Fix the Damn lines!!!

Dr. Lecter
04-20-2006, 10:27 AM
I can't toally agree with you on Huff. We have safeties, but they kinda aren't the best in coverage. I still hope that Baker is considered at SS, which I think he can play in Cover 2.

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 10:32 AM
See I still dont' get this, why is there an issue with Ngata at #8? Until that fuggin combine, NO ONE had an issue with him, in fact he was THE pick on this board.

I hate the GDamn combine. It makes everyone stupid (not you persay DB, just in general). Screw the damn combine. Go on where players are rated at the end of the season. Unless you are L White and totally go to SH@! after, then one friggin workout vs years of playing me NOTHING!

Questions about Ngata appaeared well before the combine, just because the mock drafters didnt get to it before then doesnt mean that it was relevant or prevalant. Ngata didnt have a bad combine anyways, he just didnt slam the door shut. His issues started in the Bowl Game v, OU, and then in the all-star game where he again failed to make a lot of noise. FO poeple started to see some of the flaws of his game. Just bc one of your boys is slipping, you cant blame the combine, blame the player, they have more than enough chances to correct those mistakes made in the combine. He has choosen not to, either bc he doesnt think he made any mistakes (where I agree), or he chooses to let his play do the talking.

Philagape
Worst Case scenario;

TE Vernon Davis
S Michael Huff
OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
LB AJ Hawk
DE Mario Williams
DT Broderick Bunkley
QB Vince Young

Ummm ... if that's how it goes it means Reggie Bush is still there. I could live with that.

BigGabes23
I would even be mad at V Young @ 8. Make Holcome a June 1 cut, and let Vince and JP battel it out. Young has such a tremendous upside, it is silly. No way he is at 8 though.

W Justice at 8 would be my vote. He is a dumba$$, a RT, I don't want another M williams. Now if he was there at 17 (trade with Vikes) I would not be that upset.

Jay Cutler (not any upside over Losman), and Gnata (not right for the D, and I just don't have a good feeling about him) are runners up.

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 10:33 AM
I know many here would love the result, but we draft a QB, I'm done with this team period. I have problems dealing with stupid people as is, and drafting a QB would be the dumbest move EVER by this franchise.

Huff is right behind that as well. WE HAVE SAFETYS! Fix the Damn lines!!!

So let me get this straight, we draft Michael Huff and your going to be done with the team? The kid is a legit playmaker and can only make this team better. I think he's the best defensive prospect in the draft. Your going a little looney about the lines, they can be properly fixed in rd 2 and 3. We need 1 OT, 1 OG, and 1 DT. Not 5 of each.

Philagape
04-20-2006, 10:33 AM
Worst pick: Vince Young

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Ummm ... if that's how it goes it means Reggie Bush is still there. I could live with that.

DOH! :doh:

Dr. Lecter
04-20-2006, 10:35 AM
The worst part is that many of read the post and never realized it.

djjimkelly
04-20-2006, 10:35 AM
WORST CASE BY FAR WOULD BE VINCE YOUNG

Tatonka
04-20-2006, 10:36 AM
just pick one thing guys.

your WORST possible pick.

McGahee420
04-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Leinart, just think his arm is a flake

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 10:38 AM
So let me get this straight, we draft Michael Huff and your going to be done with the team? The kid is a legit playmaker and can only make this team better. I think he's the best defensive prospect in the draft. Your going a little looney about the lines, they can be properly fixed in rd 2 and 3. We need 1 OT, 1 OG, and 1 DT. Not 5 of each.

How many more years do we not address the lines with the best talent available to us with our pick?

If we take Huff I am pissed. WE HAVE SAFETYS! No safety in this draft is worth #8 PERIOD! None of them are Roy Williams. This has NOTHING to do with OU vs TexASS, it has to do with FACTS.

Roy williams completely re defined the college safety position. That is why he was drafted that high. Huff isn't nearly what Williams is. Huff is 'good' not Great.

Huff and young both are further examples of being over hyped due to national TV exposure do to their season. The fact they won a national championship made it worse.

Joe Fo Sho
04-20-2006, 10:40 AM
Worst Case scenario;

TE Vernon Davis
S Michael Huff
OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
LB AJ Hawk
DE Mario Williams
DT Broderick Bunkley
QB Vince Young

If these 7 guys are all gone by the number 8 pick, it could possibly be the best possible scenario. That would mean that Bush, Leinart, and Ngata are still on the board. Ngata, in my opinion, is a good pick if he pans out...like any other first rounder. And I think that leinart and bush are self explanatory. It's hard to think of the worst case scenario because we have the number 8 pick. I can't think of anyone, realistically, that we would take that wouldn't help out this franchise. I guesss that for me, the worst case scenario would be to trade down and miss out on one of the top 8 players in college. This could help us more than hurt us though, if the lower round picks were able to fill all the holes in this team...

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 10:40 AM
WORST CASE BY FAR WOULD BE VINCE YOUNG

I am with DJ. Young is the most overhyped player coming out of the draft in a decade or better. I am saying right now he is a lesser McNair which = No Superbowls for the team that takes him. He doesn't have the attributes of a Michael Vick (slower, less agile and weaker arm) and doesn't have the smarts of guys that succeed at QB in the NFL.

Young = Gimick/ Bust. Just wait and see.

NorthCarBills
04-20-2006, 10:41 AM
With the #8 pick the Bills select Lonnie Smith, TE, Florida State.

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 10:41 AM
DT Haloti Ngata would be the worse pick here

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 10:44 AM
How many more years do we not address the lines with the best talent available to us with our pick?

If we take Huff I am pissed. WE HAVE SAFETYS! No safety in this draft is worth #8 PERIOD! None of them are Roy Williams. This has NOTHING to do with OU vs TexASS, it has to do with FACTS.

Roy williams completely re defined the college safety position. That is why he was drafted that high. Huff isn't nearly what Williams is. Huff is 'good' not Great.

Huff and young both are further examples of being over hyped due to national TV exposure do to their season. The fact they won a national championship made it worse.

You say its not about bias but yet you still refer to UT, as "TexASS" which shows the complete oppositte of what your saying. Look Ill be the first one to hate on Matt Leinart and any of his abilities bc he is from USC which a school I hate being an ND fan. I think he sucked at USC and was bailed out by his playmakers and will suck as a pro, I may be dead wrong but I strongly believe that. However I dont see how when people make plays on National TV like Young and Huff did how you can sit there and say they were overhyped. Huff's name hasnt even been talked about on the national scene,its been all VY. Huff is a playmaking S, just like Roy, except he cant hit as well, but covers better.

BillsNick
04-20-2006, 10:46 AM
Wintson Justice - guy sounds like a 5 year old.

justasportsfan
04-20-2006, 10:48 AM
Davis is still there but we don't turn our card in on time and the next team snags Davis and we end up taking Young or Culter.

don137
04-20-2006, 10:48 AM
A WR or RB in round one...

BillsNick
04-20-2006, 10:49 AM
Davis is still there but we don't turn our card in on time and the next team snags Davis and we end up taking Young or Culter.

:lmao:
Draft Vikings style!

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 10:50 AM
You say its not about bias but yet you still refer to UT, as "TexASS" which shows the complete oppositte of what your saying. Look Ill be the first one to hate on Matt Leinart and any of his abilities bc he is from USC which a school I hate being an ND fan. I think he sucked at USC and was bailed out by his playmakers and will suck as a pro, I may be dead wrong but I strongly believe that. However I dont see how when people make plays on National TV like Young and Huff did how you can sit there and say they were overhyped. Huff's name hasnt even been talked about on the national scene,its been all VY. Huff is a playmaking S, just like Roy, except he cant hit as well, but covers better.

Young will be a bust in the NFL, just watch. and Huff is no roy williams. Address the lines. I don't care if we trade down, our first 3 picks need to be lines.

Billsrock4life
04-20-2006, 10:52 AM
worst pick: reggie bush or jay cutler

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 10:53 AM
Young will be a bust in the NFL, just watch. and Huff is no roy williams. Address the lines. I don't care if we trade down, our first 3 picks need to be lines.

Disagree, two of our currently 4 first day picks need to go OL, the DL can be addressed in rd4, and rd 5. Huff is going to be awesome one day and I dont see Vince Young failing either.

justasportsfan
04-20-2006, 11:00 AM
the DL can be addressed in rd4, and rd 5..that would be great if we had an all pro DL. I don't think players in rd. 4 and 5 are not gonna push Anderson for the starting spot. If we go that route, I hope there's gonna be a few stud DL on June 1 or we're in deep trouble . Ralphy would be able to gain 100 yds on us himself.

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 11:06 AM
that would be great if we had an all pro DL. I don't think players in rd. 4 and 5 are gonna push Anderson for the starting spot. If we go that route, I hope there's gonna be a few stud DL on June 1 or we're in deep trouble . Ralphy would be able to gain 100 yds on us himself.

Jonathan Lewis
Titus Adams
Montavious Stanley
Barry Cofield
Manaia Brown

I dont see Anderson as a starter in any way and any of those guys short of Brown could easily push him for the spot.

Pinkerton Security
04-20-2006, 11:08 AM
Disagree, two of our currently 4 first day picks need to go OL, the DL can be addressed in rd4, and rd 5. Huff is going to be awesome one day and I dont see Vince Young failing either.

I agree with the fact that Huff is a stud. I love Coy Wire for being Coy Wire, but we need a safety, Vincent can't do it all himself at his age. Plus, in our new scheme, a playmaking, speedy safety is nearly the most important aspect of the whole defense, to be able to cover that deep zone is critical and he has the tools to do it.

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 11:09 AM
I agree with the fact that Huff is a stud. I love Coy Wire for being Coy Wire, but we need a safety, Vincent can't do it all himself at his age. Plus, in our new scheme, a playmaking, speedy safety is nearly the most important aspect of the whole defense, to be able to cover that deep zone is critical and he has the tools to do it.

By god I think he's got it!

lordofgun
04-20-2006, 11:14 AM
With the 8th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select WR Chad Jackson, Florida.

Ed
04-20-2006, 11:21 AM
I'd go with Cutler. That would be the worst.

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 11:24 AM
By god I think he's got it! LMAO Because he agrees with you, not because he is right...which he isn't.

Bowen has been clocked in the high 4.3's low 4.4's. Same as Huff.

Address the lines. Cut the crap with the 'Glamor' picks and pick some big uglies that actually control the game

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 01:09 PM
LMAO Because he agrees with you, not because he is right...which he isn't.

Bowen has been clocked in the high 4.3's low 4.4's. Same as Huff.

Address the lines. Cut the crap with the 'Glamor' picks and pick some big uglies that actually control the game

Show me that exactly where its stated. I dare you! The big uglies dont control the game as much as you like to think, the field generals do which are usually the QB.

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 01:15 PM
Show me that exactly where its stated. I dare you! The big uglies dont control the game as much as you like to think, the field generals do which are usually the QB.

You are kidding me right? the lines are EVERYTHING. You control the los, you win.

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 01:19 PM
You are kidding me right? the lines are EVERYTHING. You control the los, you win.

You control the lines with a crappy ass Qb and a crappy ass Rb, Ill take our current lines with a good RB and good QB and we will see who wins the game, I guarantee I win it every time. Giving your QB and RB lanes are great, but if they cant make the right throw/read, or hit the right hole your doing nothing but spinning tires in the mud. The Lines are a key element but they are not everything.

BTW IM STILL WAITING ON WHERE BOWEN RUNS IN THE 4.3 40 RANGE. Not caps to yell, but to make sure you see it very clearly, Im interested in this comment as much as I was in the statement you made about Bowed being named the started by Perry and where you said Justice is a LT.

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 01:28 PM
[quote=DraftBoy]You control the lines with a crappy ass Qb and a crappy ass Rb, Ill take our current lines with a good RB and good QB and we will see who wins the game, I guarantee I win it every time.

And I know as FACT you won't. You can take an average QB and Average RB with a damn good line and win. I don't care if you have montana back there with Barry sanders, your line sucks, I own your ass.

BTW IM STILL WAITING ON WHERE BOWEN RUNS IN THE 4.3 40 RANGE. Not caps to yell, but to make sure you see it very clearly, Im interested in this comment as much as I was in the statement you made about Bowed being named the started by Perry and where you said Justice is a LT.

Let me say this again, where I read it is apperantly archived. I have spent the last 10 min looking up old bowen articles and dont' plan to pay D&C or the News to access articles that old.

Captain Obvious
04-20-2006, 01:28 PM
I will blow a gasket if the bills pick Jimmy Williams the CB from Virginia Tech. Regardless of the Nate CLements situation, I think the Bills have greater needs than taking a CB with that #8 pick. Not quite sure what the specifics are, but he has "character" issues as well. Pass on Jimmy Williams MArv.

justasportsfan
04-20-2006, 01:34 PM
You control the lines with a crappy ass Qb and a crappy ass Rb, Ill take our current lines with a good RB and good QB and we will see who wins the game, I guarantee I win it every time. Giving your QB and RB lanes are great, but if they cant make the right throw/read, or hit the right hole your doing nothing but spinning tires in the mud. The Lines are a key element but they are not everything.

And I know as FACT you won't. You can take an average QB and Average RB with a damn good line and win. I don't care if you have montana back there with Barry sanders, your line sucks, I own your ass.

I think it's a little bit of both. The OL makes the qb and the RB better and vice-versa

Jan Reimers
04-20-2006, 01:34 PM
(1) Any QB, but Young in particular, when JP has never been given a decent opportunity to prove himself.

(2) With appologies to patmoran and others, Vernon Davis. He may be a great TE, but we have even greater needs.

BigGabes23
04-20-2006, 01:41 PM
lordofgun has it. WR is the worst case....

acehole
04-20-2006, 01:42 PM
qb

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 01:42 PM
I think it's a little bit of both. The OL makes the qb and the RB better and vice-versa

I agree completely. The lines are an integral part, but Ice would leave you to believe that simply having a stout line will win you a game, which isnt true.

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Let me say this again, where I read it is apperantly archived. I have spent the last 10 min looking up old bowen articles and dont' plan to pay D&C or the News to access articles that old.

So like before I shouldnt hold my breath? Its not printed anywhere so there is no need to continue your search just like all the previous statements that have been made and attributed to articles that either no longer exist or no longer contain the quote that you claim was once in them.

Saratoga Slim
04-20-2006, 02:59 PM

I don't think it was necessarily the combine that soured people on Ngata, as Ngata by all accounts put on a great show at the combine. I think it was more by coincidence: seems like about combine time people started realizing that if Juaron was really committed to the Cover-2, Ngata might not be a great fit.

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 03:02 PM
So like before I shouldnt hold my breath? Its not printed anywhere so there is no need to continue your search just like all the previous statements that have been made and attributed to articles that either no longer exist or no longer contain the quote that you claim was once in them.

They were there. I was able to find a couple that wern't archived that proven what I said about JP and missing wide open WR's so I have proven I have seen the articles.

Wasn't it you that challenged me on that article as well?

Saratoga Slim
04-20-2006, 03:10 PM
They were there. I was able to find a couple that wern't archived that proven what I said about JP and missing wide open WR's so I have proven I have seen the articles.

here's one that confirms Bowen runs a 4.4. don't know if its a "low 4.4" or "high 4.4" but fact is, the dude can run:

http://redskins.scout.com/2/170889.html

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 03:18 PM
here's one that confirms Bowen runs a 4.4. don't know if its a "low 4.4" or "high 4.4" but fact is, the dude can run:

http://redskins.scout.com/2/170889.html

He more than has the speed and size to be our starter (and his is on the BB.com depth chart). Some fans don't like it so they rip and bash on the guy trying to find anything to knock the guy on.

FACTS are he was becoming an impact Safety before the knee. After that he didnt' get much of a chance to start.

Saratoga Slim
04-20-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm actually kind of excited after reading that article. granted, its Redskins propaganda, but he sounds like a football player. also sounds like he can play FS or SS.

if we don't take a S this year, hopefully Bowen can hold down the fort, and we'll draft or sign one next offseason when Vincent retires (or dies). I'm not against taking a Safety, cause I think we need one for next year even if Bowen turns out to be a good find, but I do think that DT, LG, and maybe even TE (if Everett can't prove capable of staying healthy) are bigger immediate needs. if we do draft Huff at 8, I want the rest of day 1 to go as follows (or something like it):

2. Wroten/McCargo
3a. Spencer/Latui
3b. Whitworth

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 03:40 PM

Nope I know JP missed wide open WR's, swing and a miss.

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 03:42 PM
He more than has the speed and size to be our starter (and his is on the BB.com depth chart). Some fans don't like it so they rip and bash on the guy trying to find anything to knock the guy on.

FACTS are he was becoming an impact Safety before the knee. After that he didnt' get much of a chance to start.

No some fans dont like it because there is a much better player in the draft worth it who can play FS or SS, if Bowen proves to be good, which I still doubt. He is a playmaker and a player I think its a mistake to pass on. He is a top 5 talent no doubt and I mantain he is the best defensive player in this draft. Anybody else here beyond the big names like Leinart, Bush, Ferguson, Hawk, and Williams is a reach.

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm actually kind of excited after reading that article. granted, its Redskins propaganda, but he sounds like a football player. also sounds like he can play FS or SS.

if we don't take a S this year, hopefully Bowen can hold down the fort, and we'll draft or sign one next offseason when Vincent retires (or dies). I'm not against taking a Safety, cause I think we need one for next year even if Bowen turns out to be a good find, but I do think that DT, LG, and maybe even TE (if Everett can't prove capable of staying healthy) are bigger immediate needs. if we do draft Huff at 8, I want the rest of day 1 to go as follows (or something like it):

2. Wroten/McCargo
3a. Spencer/Latui
3b. Whitworth

Looks good to me Slim, I agree, take Huff and those next picks are golden, outside of McCargo I think rd 2, is a little early for him, and Im still not sold on him.

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Nope I know JP missed wide open WR's, swing and a miss.

It's not a miss. FTY and Pattie challenged me for an article where schonert said JP was missing open WR's and didn't know why. That one wasnt' archived yet.

The articles were there, and you know damn well Bowen runs low 4.4's in the 40 so cut the crap.

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 03:48 PM
No some fans dont like it because there is a much better player in the draft worth it who can play FS or SS, if Bowen proves to be good, which I still doubt. He is a playmaker and a player I think its a mistake to pass on. He is a top 5 talent no doubt and I mantain he is the best defensive player in this draft. Anybody else here beyond the big names like Leinart, Bush, Ferguson, Hawk, and Williams is a reach.

They are ALL a reach. None of them has played a down in the NFL and ALL of them can be busts. Bowen was on his way to being an impact Safety before the knee. We are now at that 2 years past injury when guys come back 100% if they are going to.

Lines are a bigger need than safety. You get a good pass rush and average DB's become great. Great DB's become average when they have to cover for 4 seconds or so.

dplus47
04-20-2006, 05:12 PM
Young will be a bust in the NFL, just watch. and Huff is no roy williams.

does this mean huff won't get de-pantsed twice by santana moss on national television?

The_Philster
04-20-2006, 05:16 PM
(1) Any QB, but Young in particular, when JP has never been given a decent opportunity to prove himself.

(2) With appologies to patmoran and others, Vernon Davis. He may be a great TE, but we have even greater needs.
:bf1: agree completely