PDA

View Full Version : Ideal 7 rounds

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 01:53 PM
We are a little over a week away from the draft (im a little excited), so everybody who would like to post your ideal 7 rounders, and we will see who gets the closest in the end, either by players actually picked or picking the right posistions. Here we go;

1. S Michael Huff
2. DT Claude Wrotten
3a. OT Andrew Whitworth
3b. OG Charles Spencer
4. OLB AJ Nicholson
5a. CB Anwar Phillips
5b. DE Victor Adeyanju
6. QB Tavaris Jackson
7a. WR Drouzen Quillen
7b. FB JD Runnels

In this draft we address both lines, we get a future all-pro safety in Huff, and we get some great depth in Nicholson, Phillips, and Adeyanju. Runnels, Quillen, and Jackson would be great players to stash away for a year, send to NFLE and let develop. I could see everyone of these players be big contributors in the next 5 seasons.

Devin
04-20-2006, 02:07 PM
Just cant do the wrotten pick, cant see marv taking damaged goods.

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 02:09 PM
1. S Michael Huff No. We dont' need a safety.
2. DT Claude Wrotten Good Pick
3a. OT Andrew Whitworth the next Levi Jones, you heard it here first
3b. OG Charles Spencer Potential all pro LG that Buff has had in.
4. OLB AJ Nicholson Deepens our Good LB corp
5a. CB Anwar Phillips Steal at this pick. Can push for nickle spot
5b. DE Victor Adeyanju Situational pass rusher?
6. QB Tavaris Jackson Perinial backup.
7a. WR Drouzen Quillen Another WR???
7b. FB JD Runnels Duh!

No on Huff or any other safety at #8. Trade down if that is our only option. If V Davis is there he can help on the OL and be an immediate threat. Other than that, great picks.

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 02:16 PM
Just cant do the wrotten pick, cant see marv taking damaged goods.

Dont agree, Wrotten has the ability to be a game changer. I could see us passing here if Winston falls and taking Harris in rd 2, but I want Wrotten.

THATHURMANATOR
04-20-2006, 02:17 PM
I think we do need a safety Ice...

Devin
Im not so much arguing about his ability, I watched him every game at LSU. Hes a great DT.

Just dont see him being a Marv guy is all. Hes had problems on and off the field.

DraftBoy
1. S Michael Huff No. We dont' need a safety.
2. DT Claude Wrotten Good Pick
3a. OT Andrew Whitworth the next Levi Jones, you heard it here first
3b. OG Charles Spencer Potential all pro LG that Buff has had in.
4. OLB AJ Nicholson Deepens our Good LB corp
5a. CB Anwar Phillips Steal at this pick. Can push for nickle spot
5b. DE Victor Adeyanju Situational pass rusher?
6. QB Tavaris Jackson Perinial backup.
7a. WR Drouzen Quillen Another WR???
7b. FB JD Runnels Duh!

No on Huff or any other safety at #8. Trade down if that is our only option. If V Davis is there he can help on the OL and be an immediate threat. Other than that, great picks.

Disagree on Huff obviously, Adeyanju could develop into much more if used correctly. Jackson is not a perrenial backup, he could develop into a Donovan McNabb type. Quillen could be a dangerous target in the redzone for years to come if he comes along development wise.

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Im not so much arguing about his ability, I watched him every game at LSU. Hes a great DT.

Just dont see him being a Marv guy is all. Hes had problems on and off the field.

Agreed but Levy is not as sqeaky clean as some make it out to seem. He took Moulds who had an off the field problem. Im not completely familiar with Wrotten's issues, whats the downlow on it Devin? Did he apologize or see at all bad about it doing it?

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 02:20 PM
Where are the rest of your 7 rounders? Ice, Thurm, Devin?

casdhf
04-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Here's mine:

1. S Michael Huff
2. DT Claude Wrotten
3a. OT Andrew Whitworth
3b. OG Charles Spencer
4. OLB AJ Nicholson
5a. CB Anwar Phillips
5b. DE Victor Adeyanju
6. QB Tavaris Jackson
7a. WR Drouzen Quillen
7b. FB JD Runnels

casdhf
04-20-2006, 02:23 PM
hey, DB ... what about Oshowowo at DT? he any good??

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 02:24 PM
Here's mine:

1. S Michael Huff
2. DT Claude Wrotten
3a. OT Andrew Whitworth
3b. OG Charles Spencer
4. OLB AJ Nicholson
5a. CB Anwar Phillips
5b. DE Victor Adeyanju
6. QB Tavaris Jackson
7a. WR Drouzen Quillen
7b. FB JD Runnels

THATS AWESOME!!

Saratoga Slim
04-20-2006, 02:26 PM
are we doing "ideal" or "projected"

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 02:27 PM
hey, DB ... what about Oshowowo at DT? he any good??

Oshinowo
Positive;
-Size
-Smarts
-Holds ground
-Strong
-Pass rush potential
-Durable

Negative;
-lacks toughness and nasty streak
-straight line player
-gets little penetration
-inconsistent
-technique needs work
-about max'd out potential wise
-2 gap tackle

IDEAL 3-4 DT

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 02:28 PM

either and/or both, what I did was both ideal and projected, nobody I had listed was a reach or a huge drop, I dont think.

Tatonka
04-20-2006, 02:29 PM
i like it.. i would much rather have one of the other safeties. i dont think there is anything wrong with huff, but watkins, allen, bing, bullocks.. i like all of them too.. i just think there is good depth at safety, so you dont need to burn one early.

i like the wrotten pick.. the drug charges against him were dropped and he was charged with nothing.. i am not familiar with any other on the field or off the field issues.

wright from texas would be another nice option. he is a top 5 talent, who didnt play up to it, but we have one of the better dline coaches in the league, and maybe if they feel they can get the best out of him, he could be a steal in the 2nd.

good work DB.

bigbub2352
04-20-2006, 02:30 PM
i will post my new one later DB

Tatonka
04-20-2006, 02:30 PM
spencer might go before whitworth i think.. you might flop those picks. but overall, i think it is close.

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 02:31 PM
i like it.. i would much rather have one of the other safeties. i dont think there is anything wrong with huff, but watkins, allen, bing, bullocks.. i like all of them too.. i just think there is good depth at safety, so you dont need to burn one early.

i like the wrotten pick.. the drug charges against him were dropped and he was charged with nothing.. i am not familiar with any other on the field or off the field issues.

wright from texas would be another nice option. he is a top 5 talent, who didnt play up to it, but we have one of the better dline coaches in the league, and maybe if they feel they can get the best out of him, he could be a steal in the 2nd.

good work DB.

I too love the safety depth in this draft, but I cant find good justification for passing on the next Ed Reed. Good to know about Wrotten T, thanks, sounds similar to the Moulds stuff then.

I dont like Rod Wright however bc he seems to be lazy and Id rather a high motor guy.

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 02:33 PM
spencer might go before whitworth i think.. you might flop those picks. but overall, i think it is close.

Yea I flipped those before I posted, I dont think I had any outrageous reaches or praying for a player to fall. If this were to end up being our draft I;

1. Expect to be knelt before and bowed to regularly
2. Would grade this draft an A
3. Would run through the streets of my college buck ass naked Sunday night when the draft finishes

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 02:49 PM
Where are the rest of your 7 rounders? Ice, Thurm, Devin?

I'm not dumb enough to even try one before the draft. Just this week peoples boards got screwed up due to the SF Denver trade. I feel the Bills move out of that spot, too many people wanting to move up for us not to. Then again Marv may say Ngata or someone like him is our guy and not budge, I doubt it though.

the SMART move is listen to the trade offers and move down if we can and grab more picks

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 02:52 PM
I too love the safety depth in this draft, but I cant find good justification for passing on the next Ed Reed. Good to know about Wrotten T, thanks, sounds similar to the Moulds stuff then.

I dont like Rod Wright however bc he seems to be lazy and Id rather a high motor guy.

The Next Ed reed? how do you know? Bing for my money may end up being a better safety in the NFL. In the NFL being the operative word.

I would rather trade down and go Winston, Wrotten and Bing for the first 3 picks then grab Spencer in the 3rd.

Jan Reimers
04-20-2006, 02:58 PM
I think it leaves us one DT short, so I think I would take a DT late rather than a QB, WR or FB, but I would certainly take it.

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 03:33 PM
The Next Ed reed? how do you know? Bing for my money may end up being a better safety in the NFL. In the NFL being the operative word.

I would rather trade down and go Winston, Wrotten and Bing for the first 3 picks then grab Spencer in the 3rd.

Same way you know Justice is a LT, Bowen runs the 40 in 4.3, and that Bowen has already been named our starting SS for the season by our DC.

Bing lacks the cover skills to be an elite S and was asked to move to LB by some teams. I dont think he becomes the best S from this class.

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 03:34 PM
I think it leaves us one DT short, so I think I would take a DT late rather than a QB, WR or FB, but I would certainly take it.

We got a young DT in Jason Jefferson I want to give a shot to as our 4th, he was part of that killer DL from Wisconsin two years ago, slated as a 3rd rounder, fell to an UDFA. I think he could become something good as a backup.

jdbillsfan
04-20-2006, 03:40 PM
I like it. I would take Huff if Davis and Young were gone.

Here's mine. I think it may be a little unrealistic to get Bing and Wroten in the 3rd though.

1. Young or Davis. Both top 5 caliber players. Best available.
2. Davin Joseph
3a. Darnell Bing (Maybe drops with the slow 40 time)
3b. Claude Wroten
4. AJ Nicholson
5a. Marcus Maxey
5b. Hank Baskett
6. Dave Kirtman
7. Freddie Roach

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 03:51 PM
Same way you know Justice is a LT, Bowen runs the 40 in 4.3, and that Bowen has already been named our starting SS for the season by our DC.

Bing lacks the cover skills to be an elite S and was asked to move to LB by some teams. I dont think he becomes the best S from this class.

And I think Bing will be the best one. What makes you more right than me? I know Justice was put at RT because he was the most athletic Tackle on USC's team. Several have said he is a LT in the NFL and Fox himself has said some teams have him rated higher than Dbrick. and yes there was a report or two of bowen running 4.38 in the 40. Myself and another poster have proven he runs 4.4. Oh and on the bb.com depth chart bowen is #1 at SS.

At some point I have to stop arguing with kids.

ParanoidAndroid
04-20-2006, 05:05 PM
I am right and all of you are wrong...:D

1. Vernon Davis TE
2. Davin Joseph G
3a. Orien Harris DT
3b. Pat Watkins S
4. Montavious Stanley DT
5a. Dontrell Moore RB
5b. Guy Whimper OT
6. Justin London MLB
7a. Willie Evans DE
7b. Chris Hannon WR

patmoran2006
04-20-2006, 05:37 PM

He had an incident and paid for it.. But from everything I read He's not a bad "character" guy.. Personally, I would rather have him before Bunkley or Ngata, I think he's THAT good, I really do.

DB, I love the first-day picks and its realistic every one of them could happen.

patmoran2006
04-20-2006, 05:38 PM

1. Vernon Davis TE
2. Davin Joseph G
3a. Orien Harris DT
3b. Pat Watkins S
4. Montavious Stanley DT
5a. Dontrell Moore RB
5b. Guy Whimper OT
6. Justin London MLB
7a. Willie Evans DE
7b. Chris Hannon WR

Davis and Joseph?? and Watkins in the third?
That would be the greatest draft (on paper) this team's ever had.

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 09:48 PM

1. Vernon Davis TE
2. Davin Joseph G
3a. Orien Harris DT
3b. Pat Watkins S
4. Montavious Stanley DT
5a. Dontrell Moore RB
5b. Guy Whimper OT
6. Justin London MLB
7a. Willie Evans DE
7b. Chris Hannon WR

I like it alot maybe, a DE at Moore's spot and a CB in the 6th?

Bmax
04-20-2006, 09:59 PM
We are a little over a week away from the draft (im a little excited), so everybody who would like to post your ideal 7 rounders, and we will see who gets the closest in the end, either by players actually picked or picking the right posistions. Here we go;

1. S Michael Huff
2. DT Claude Wrotten
3a. OT Andrew Whitworth
3b. OG Charles Spencer
4. OLB AJ Nicholson
5a. CB Anwar Phillips
5b. DE Victor Adeyanju
6. QB Tavaris Jackson
7a. WR Drouzen Quillen
7b. FB JD Runnels

In this draft we address both lines, we get a future all-pro safety in Huff, and we get some great depth in Nicholson, Phillips, and Adeyanju. Runnels, Quillen, and Jackson would be great players to stash away for a year, send to NFLE and let develop. I could see everyone of these players be big contributors in the next 5 seasons.

Ok where do i start ....

Huff -good pick...i like ngata a little better ...front 7 more important than secondary..

2. Wroten - baggage scares me off..I"ll take MCcargo

3a-Spencer-then 3B-Whitworth-very good.. I love spencer.. ok everybody should know that by now..i've been talking about him for 4 months

4.No way...think speed when you think olb for the bills.. Alston- Stanford...my choice

5a-I like Hudson from Ncst..cb or fs

5b he won't be here in rd 5 .. so maybe we go wyche or how about mike bell rb arizona or gerald riggs..tenn

6.sure why not i like jackson,,even though i got feeling we could go mcneal or croyle in rd 3,4 or 5..

7a.- Marcus king-cb missouri
7b- John jolly -dt texas am.. could be gone in rd 5- or 6...

Bmax

Mr. Pink
04-21-2006, 08:06 AM
1. Huff or Davis whichever is available....if both Huff.
2. Gabe Watson DT
3a. Omar Jacobs QB
3b. Jonathan Scott OT
4. Victor Adeyanju DE
5a. Fred Matua OG
5b. Devin Hester CB
6. Steve Fifita DT
7a. Jon Scifres K-I don't like Lindell :rofl:
7b. Drouzon Quillen WR

<!-- / message -->

mysticsoto
04-21-2006, 08:10 AM

1. Vernon Davis TE
2. Davin Joseph G
3a. Orien Harris DT
3b. Pat Watkins S
4. Montavious Stanley DT
5a. Dontrell Moore RB
5b. Guy Whimper OT
6. Justin London MLB
7a. Willie Evans DE
7b. Chris Hannon WR

I also would be extremely happy with this!

Like Draftboy (see, I didn't say Draft Boy) :D I too would replace 5a) with a CB - maybe Marcus Maxey and then, I think I prefer someone like Fred Keiaho at 6) or Mike Kudla as an OLB - not DE. And I'm fine with your developmental prospects also.

bigbub2352
04-21-2006, 10:00 AM
Here is my new and advised mock draft tell me what u think!!!

1. DT Brodrick Bunkley FSU

2. OT Eric Winstrom Miami

3a. G Chris Spencer Pitt

3b. SS Greg Blue Georgia

4. DE Victor Adeyanju Indiana

5a. DT John Jolly Texas A & M

5b. G/T Kevin Boothe Cornell

6. CB Darrell Hunter Miami (OH)

7a. FB Garrett Mills Tulsa

7b. OT Derek Morris NC State

that would fill alot of needs in my opinion i would be very happy to pick up these guys and i dont think i strecthed to bad maybe Winstrom hopefully we falls and i would noit mind picking up Leon Washington RB FSU in the 5th if he is still there

DraftBoy
04-21-2006, 03:06 PM
Here is my new and advised mock draft tell me what u think!!!

1. DT Brodrick Bunkley FSU

2. OT Eric Winstrom Miami

3a. G Chris Spencer Pitt

3b. SS Greg Blue Georgia

4. DE Victor Adeyanju Indiana

5a. DT John Jolly Texas A & M

5b. G/T Kevin Boothe Cornell

6. CB Darrell Hunter Miami (OH)

7a. FB Garrett Mills Tulsa

7b. OT Derek Morris NC State

3b. Blue is a bad safety and cant cover, he would need to be switched out with somebody else. Other than that its a solid draft, not exciting but solid.

alohabillsfan
04-22-2006, 06:05 AM
Trade down with Minn for picks 17, 51 and 95 ( Minn Select Cutler)

17- OT Winston Miami
42- DE Lawson NC State
51- G Joseph OK
70- DT Mahelona Tenn
73- C Eslinger Minn
95- S Watkins FSU
105- DT Jolly Texas AM
134- LB Nicholson FSU
143- RB Riggs Tenn
178- TE Day Oregon
216- CB Gordon Jackson State
248- CB Onyenegecha OK

alohabillsfan
04-22-2006, 06:11 AM
Trade down with Minn for picks 17, 51 and 95 ( Minn Select Cutler)

17- OT Winston Miami
42- DE Lawson NC State
51- G Joseph OK
70- DT Mahelona Tenn
73- C Eslinger Minn
95- S Watkins FSU
105- DT Jolly Texas AM
134- LB Nicholson FSU
143- RB Riggs Tenn
178- TE Day Oregon
216- CB Gordon Jackson State
248- CB Onyenegecha OK

or Trade #8 to Minn for their 48, 51, and 95 and their #1 next year play JP all year if he does not improve dramatically use our 2 #1's next year and draft Brady Quinn ! use all the picks to beef up the lines.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-22-2006, 06:29 AM
I am not a big fan of Huff or Charles Spencer.

Adeyanju would be an absolute steal in the 5th round. I made a custom for him last year:

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9486/va0nl.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

His brother got it for him as a gift. He wanted it ASAP, but I wish I had a little more time to make it even better. If the Bills draft him I might have to make him one in a Bills uni and give it to him.

Night Train
04-22-2006, 07:00 AM

That's the trouble with mock drafts. People get hung up on a few players and will defend them like it's their own child if anyone disagrees with them. They just set themselves up for the big comedown. :wail:

I check off as many good propects as possible at each position and keep an open mind. Opinions vary drastically on what round some players will be selected.

DT has several candidates that fit the Bills Cover 2, well into Round 3. If we decide on Bunkley in Round 1, then it's a moot point. But he's definitely one of the ones.

Huff would be fine. Justice is an outside possibility.

I cannot see Wrotten at all in Round 2. Multiple teams drew a line through his name with his arrest. Too many other choices at DT.

I do wish the Bills to select a DT, OG, S and OT at some point. We'll see.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-22-2006, 07:04 AM
That's the trouble with mock drafts. People get hung up on a few players and will defend them like it's their own child if anyone disagrees with them. They just set themselves up for the big comedown. :wail:

No doubt, the real story is that nobody knows what these guys are going to do.
Experts don't know what the teams are going to do.

DraftBoy
04-22-2006, 08:58 AM
I am not a big fan of Huff or Charles Spencer.

Adeyanju would be an absolute steal in the 5th round. I made a custom for him last year:

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9486/va0nl.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

His brother got it for him as a gift. He wanted it ASAP, but I wish I had a little more time to make it even better. If the Bills draft him I might have to make him one in a Bills uni and give it to him.

Do you make these for a living?

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-22-2006, 09:18 AM
DB, no more as a hobby. I do like to make a few bucks on them though.

SABURZFAN
04-25-2006, 11:24 AM

it sounded as if wroten has more trouble than we know on Cold Pizza this morning.