PDA

View Full Version : Pat Kirwan on some draft picks

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 03:00 PM
Oh God I can't wait to hear Draft Boy after this one....

http://nfl.com/draft/story/9382793

I love what he says about Joseph and agree. Winston more and more makes me want to trade down and get him.

ryjam282
04-20-2006, 03:08 PM
ICE, I have been telling you about Winston. He is the real deal. Was arguably one of the top 2 Tackles before his injury. He shows flashes of it at times. Just needs someone to make him completely forget about it. This coming year will be his second year fully back. If he puts it completely in the past, he will be the next Walter Jones.

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 03:14 PM
ICE, I have been telling you about Winston. He is the real deal. Was arguably one of the top 2 Tackles before his injury. He shows flashes of it at times. Just needs someone to make him completely forget about it. This coming year will be his second year fully back. If he puts it completely in the past, he will be the next Walter Jones.

I like the guy and have no issues taking him. Esp with the fact McNally followed this kid everywhere at the combine

Kerr
04-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Somewhere he was compared to Bryant Mckinnie.

ryjam282
04-20-2006, 03:20 PM
McKinnie is no slouch. he isn't the best but he isn't Mike Williams either. If he could stay off the sex boats he might have a chance. Winston is a lot more athletic then McKinnie. He has a lot better foot work.

But, the question is, how far down could we go and still land him? I know the Fins want him but who else?

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 03:21 PM
My ideal draft right now is trade down with Minnesota at #17 and take Winston. Then go DT (Wright, McCargo, Wroten) and Safety with D Bing in the 2nd. Pray Spencer is there for LG in the 3rd

ryjam282
04-20-2006, 03:28 PM
That would be a GREAT draft if we could land those guys. I like Wroten as well as Wright at DT. We shall see...I would love for us to get Winston but I don't see us going for a tackle right now with all the OL we have now....Not that they are great but it seems that Marv is wanting to find a diamond in the rough with a few of these guys...I don't know. Should be an interesting first day for us.

BillsNick
04-20-2006, 03:34 PM
I seriously doubt Winston would be there at 17.

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 03:37 PM
12. Michael Huff, DB, Texas: Probably the best interview I did all year was with the senior defensive back from Texas. If there was ever a "blue chip" guy in a draft, it's Mike Huff. He has it all -- the intangibles, the production and the athleticism to be a great pro. Heck, I felt like I was talking to a 10-year veteran. There are not many John Lynch-type guys who come into the NFL with the whole package, but Huff is such a man. Talk about guys I would love to have on my team, Huff would be the captain!

Thanks for the article Ice, just furthers entrenches me in the Huff camp. And the name is DraftBoy, not Draft Boy. Please get it right.

Saratoga Slim
04-20-2006, 03:49 PM
That would be a GREAT draft if we could land those guys. I like Wroten as well as Wright at DT. We shall see...I would love for us to get Winston but I don't see us going for a tackle right now with all the OL we have now....Not that they are great but it seems that Marv is wanting to find a diamond in the rough with a few of these guys...I don't know. Should be an interesting first day for us.

In a trade-down scenario, that's a great draft.....except I'd go for a safety other than Bing. I'm also a little hesitent on Rod Wright--doesnt seem to have a fire in his belly, seems like another talented Texas guy without passion for the game.

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the article Ice, just furthers entrenches me in the Huff camp. And the name is DraftBoy, not Draft Boy. Please get it right.

LOL Who cares what your name is? Only a 21 year old or something close to it would worry about their internet name.

I also find it funny how all of a sudden Pat Kirwan knows something since he agrees with you

R. Rich
04-20-2006, 03:56 PM
My ideal draft right now is trade down with Minnesota at #17 and take Winston. Then go DT (Wright, McCargo, Wroten) and Safety with D Bing in the 2nd. Pray Spencer is there for LG in the 3rd

Winston is solid, and I wouldn't be upset to see the Bills trade down and get him. Those DTs? I like McCargo, and Wroten isn't horrible, but Wright is not a great fit for us. He'd be an excellent fit for a 3-4 team as a DE, kinda like what RICHard Seymour does for Indy, though he doesn't have nearly the talent of Seymour. A team like the Steelers or Chargers would do okay to draft him, but I hope the Bills don't. Bing @ safety? I'd love to see that happen. Losing Milloy wouldn't be so bad then. Of course, we'd still need to find a free safety to eventually replace Vincent. Spencer might be around in the 3rd. His athleticism makes him attractive to many scouts, but he also is still raw and not ready for prime time just yet. Still, he has a ton of upside, so don't be surprised if he's gone by the start of the 3rd round.

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Winston is solid, and I wouldn't be upset to see the Bills trade down and get him. Those DTs? I like McCargo, and Wroten isn't horrible, but Wright is not a great fit for us. He'd be an excellent fit for a 3-4 team as a DE, kinda like what RICHard Seymour does for Indy, though he doesn't have nearly the talent of Seymour. A team like the Steelers or Chargers would do okay to draft him, but I hope the Bills don't. Bing @ safety? I'd love to see that happen. Losing Milloy wouldn't be so bad then. Of course, we'd still need to find a free safety to eventually replace Vincent. Spencer might be around in the 3rd. His athleticism makes him attractive to many scouts, but he also is still raw and not ready for prime time just yet. Still, he has a ton of upside, so don't be surprised if he's gone by the start of the 3rd round.

And Buffalo has had Spencer in. DT will be a crap shoot in the 2nd round. The talent drops off after Ngata and Bunkley. Wright has a chance if he will put on some weight and get a little meaner.

ParanoidAndroid
04-20-2006, 04:00 PM
Rounds 1 and 2 right here:

5. Vernon Davis (http://nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/davis_vernon), TE, Maryland: The first time I spoke with Davis, I was so impressed at his engaging style. He is articulate and immediately I felt like I was talking to a future superstar. Tom Brady made me feel that way the first time I sat down with him and discussed football. Guys who played against Davis describe him as a freak. I prefer to look at him as a rare athlete with an incredible score of 85 (http://nfl.com/draft/story/9326200) when you combine his vertical leap (42 inches), standing broad jump (10-8) and his bench-press reps (33). I challenge any NFL scout to go back 10 years in the draft and find 20 guys with an 85 that weren't defensive linemen.
6. Davin Joseph (http://nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/joseph_davin), G, Oklahoma: Talking with Joseph was like talking to an NFL line coach. He's played against the best, remembers everything about every opponent he faced in his four years at Oklahoma, and has an opinion about all of them. Successful NFL offensive linemen usually are some of the brightest guys on a team and Joseph will fit right into that mold. He recalled little subtleties about Oregon's Haloti Ngata (http://nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/ngata_haloti) from his junior year, stunts that former USC defensive tackle Shaun Cody (http://nfl.com/players/playerpage/408493) used in the Orange Bowl two seasons ago, and what his blocking plan would be when he faces Michigan's Gabe Watson (http://nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/watson_gabriel) again. Any team who interviewed Joseph walked away knowing he was a sure bet to have a long NFL career.

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 04:02 PM
Rounds 1 and 2 right here:

Davis can possibly become an impact player, but we have seen workout wonders fail easilly in the NFL.

DraftBoy
04-20-2006, 04:31 PM
LOL Who cares what your name is? Only a 21 year old or something close to it would worry about their internet name.

I also find it funny how all of a sudden Pat Kirwan knows something since he agrees with you

Well like anybody person who gives respect they expect to be treated with the same, so if you want to show off your character that way, then that it fine, it was a simple request but if your feathers are gonna be ruffled bc Im calling you out and providing a counter argument than I dont think this is the place for you.

Also another unsubstantiated claim by you where you make an assinine claim that Kirwan has no credibility till he agrees with me? So now instead of pulling ficticious statements out of the air and putting them in the mouths of people like our DC, instead your going to put them in my mouth, well all I have to say is...:bf1:

!Papacrunk!
04-20-2006, 04:57 PM
2. Santonio Holmes (http://nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/holmes_santonio), WR, Ohio State: This young man was almost as impressive to talk with as Lawson. Here's a 5-10 wide receiver that is either the first or second receiver on every draft board in the NFL. He was passed over by every Florida university coming out of high school because he was 160 pounds. He should have never left the state coming out of Belle Glade High School, where he ran 46.8 in the 400 meters and high jumped 6-10. Imagine a 5-10, 160-pound kid clearing a bar a foot over his head!
I wouldn't mind if the Phins picked him in the draft, if they didn't try to move down etc. With some of the offseason moves, it's afforded us the chance to make a pick like this as opposed to an extreme need pick. I'd be happy with him or Chad Jackson, and if we were to go defense-Jimmy Williams if he was around. In regards to picking a WR, we are a bit sketchy after Booker, so it wouldn't hurt to add a "potential" playmaker at WR.

ParanoidAndroid
04-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Davis can possibly become an impact player, but we have seen workout wonders fail easilly in the NFL.

Yep....sometimes we see that boom or bust pick turning out to be a bust. He was productive though and was fairly highly regarded before his combine workout. He was a late 1st early 2nd, I believe. The same could be said about Justice and Bunkley.

don137
04-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Everywhere I read it talks about Davin Joseph and how intelligent he is and what a great character person he is. If we do not get someone on the OL in the first round I am liking this kid more and more in round 2.

Bulldog
04-20-2006, 10:07 PM
I thought you might like this Ice :

12. Michael Huff, DB, Texas: Probably the best interview I did all year was with the senior defensive back from Texas. If there was ever a "blue chip" guy in a draft, it's Mike Huff. He has it all -- the intangibles, the production and the athleticism to be a great pro. Heck, I felt like I was talking to a 10-year veteran. There are not many John Lynch-type guys who come into the NFL with the whole package, but Huff is such a man. Talk about guys I would love to have on my team, Huff would be the captain!

It seems that Kirwan is sold on Huff as a legitimate top ten pick.

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 10:57 PM
I thought you might like this Ice :

It seems that Kirwan is sold on Huff as a legitimate top ten pick.

I am sure he is. FORMER GM of the Jets. Emphasis on FORMER. I have said Huff is good, and he is, but he isnt the guy that re defined the safety position in college and had NO real press until this hyped year that texas had.