PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Encouraged After Meeting In Washington

The_Philster
04-20-2006, 07:07 PM
After the meeting in Washington today, Bills owner Ralph Wilson issued the following statement.

"We are encouraged by the information we are hearing coming out of today's meeting with Senator Schumer, Commissioner Tagliabue and Tim Russert. I want to publically thank Senator Schumer for taking such an interest in this effort which is vital to not just the Buffalo Bills situation, but to all small market teams in the NFL.I also want to thank Commissioner Tagliabue for his involvement in this meeting as well as NBC'S Tim Russert." more (http://www.wgr550.com/fullstory.php?id=1544)

Jersey1031
04-20-2006, 07:40 PM
A positive for Buffalo?

OpIv37
04-20-2006, 07:46 PM
It's not the answer to our prayers yet but it's a step in the right direction.

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 08:15 PM

Exactly

LifetimeBillsFan
04-21-2006, 01:13 AM
I think Ralph Wilson properly characterized it as the first step. But, I also see it as having been a big, first step.

I also think credit has to go to Ralph Wilson for standing up for the franchise and taking the hits that he got by complaining about the new CBA--and, most importantly, for enlisting the aid of the state's political muscle to help himself and the team. He could have sat by quietly and then moved the team himself or thrown in the towel and sold off the club, but he didn't.

I also think that some credit should go to Sen. Schumer and Rep. Higgins for recognizing the value of the team to the WNY area and that they could use their positions in the Congress to influence the NFL to at least pay attention to Wilson's position. While the steps that they and others have taken are what you would expect the politicians representing the area to do, they could have ignored the issue, but they didn't--instead, they acted and acted quickly to put pressure on the league.

Now, it is up to Wilson, the other owners and whoever the commissioner is at the time to come up with a plan that can allow teams like the Bills to stay competitive while based in a "small market".

Mr. Miyagi
04-21-2006, 04:32 AM
The answer to my prayers is the Fins go 0-16, and Pats 2-14 with Brady coming out of the closet.

Jan Reimers
04-21-2006, 04:45 AM
The answer to my prayers is the Fins go 0-16, and Pats 2-14 with Brady coming out of the closet.
That would warm the cockles of my old heart as well.

Earthquake Enyart
04-21-2006, 07:35 AM
The answer to my prayers is that the fins go 0-16 and the plane goes down on the way back to Miami...... into Don Shula's house as he's hosting a 72 fin reunion party.

jamze132
04-21-2006, 08:02 AM
Answer to my prayers? A couple of people move back to Western NY so we can support a franchise. And the Sabres win the cup this year!

Saratoga Slim
04-21-2006, 08:04 AM

I'd be happy if Brady found a closet and stayed in it for a couple seasons.