Mort blames Ralph Wilson for KH starting at the end of last season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hydro014
    • May 2004

Mort blames Ralph Wilson for KH starting at the end of last season...

I don't know if anyone has seen the ESPN On The Clock draft special for the Bills and if this was already posted i am sorry. Mort put the blame on RW for starting KH at the end of the season when we knew we were out of the playoffs. He said that RW is the one that dosent like JP and he made the decision for MM. He also made it seem like RW is the one that screwed up by getting rid of TD, also stating that TD is a great talent evaluator. I know Mort and TD are close but this really makes me wonder. I didn't know how to give a direct link but you can get to it from this page:

Get pick by pick results from each round of the 2024 NFL Draft with Draftcast on ESPN
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Re: Mort blames Ralph Wilson for KH starting at the end of last season...

Yeah, TD did great in 5 years here...

I wonder if Mort mentioned the Bills record under TD's regime? Or was that Ralph's fault too?

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Mort is TD's bed buddy. It doesn't surprise me that he is shifting all the blame away from TD and onto Wilson or anyone else.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
        • Jan 2004

Plus he works for ESPN, so pretty much anything he says is wrong anyways.

They are like PFT for all sports.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

So, how does Mort get this inside track into the inner workings of the Bills FO, but no other sports reporter is privy to such information?

And if Ralph hates JP, why is JP still here? Changing GM's and coaches is a perfect excuse- all they need is Marv to go on TV and say:

'We think JP is a great kid and will have a great future in this league, but he was more suited for the previous staff's offensive system. We've decided that it would be in the best interst of our team to go in a different direction."

If Ralph really hated JP, he'd be gone by now. Also, it's Ralph's team and Ralph's money- the whole draft trade/JP pick never would have happened without Ralph's blessing.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

RW is a huge meddler.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Mort says he ran off Polian (which he fired) Butler which he did run off, now TD.

Bottom line Ralph should but the friggin hell out. How do you fire polian? Because he got into it with ralphs personal boy Littman.

As for as TD and Mort, this is no shock. We all know this, but I think its funny how mort is getting that Ralph doesnt' like JP. Where did he get that from? Tom Donahoe that is where. And who says he isn't right?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

If TD is so great, how come he still doesn't have a job?

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Wouldn't be the first time Mort was full of it...Jim Kelly to Pittsburgh? What a putz
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                    • Jan 2003

It Ralph's team, he can do with it what he wants.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                      Bottom line Ralph should but the friggin hell out.
                      If I owned a team and it was my money paying the players, I wouldn't butt out either.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

TD's rep took a bad hit with the job he did in Buffalo...people aren't knocking on his door to hand him a job anymore, and Mort's trying to help his old friend out.

It's always bad ju-ju to attempt to make youself or someone else look better by trying to make someone else look bad.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Jeff1220
                          H to the 12:20
                          • Jul 2002

Mort is one of the better NFL reporters out there, but we all know that espn, and Mort specifically, have a love affair w/ TD. To them, he is a fellow espn guy and Mort is obvioously trying to help him out. Ralph does meddle, but I can't see why he would pull the plug on a multimillion dollar investment so quickly. If anyone has a special interest in JP's success, it's Ralph.
                          BTW, Ralph didn't run Butler out of town. Butler was setting himself up for the San Diego job long before he got fired. Ralph knew he was paying Butler to evaluate for another team. That's why he left.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                            If I owned a team and it was my money paying the players, I wouldn't butt out either.
                            And your team would suck, like Buffalo's does.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
                              Mort says he ran off Polian (which he fired) Butler which he did run off, now TD.

Bottom line Ralph should but the friggin hell out. How do you fire polian? Because he got into it with ralphs personal boy Littman.

As for as TD and Mort, this is no shock. We all know this, but I think its funny how mort is getting that Ralph doesnt' like JP. Where did he get that from? Tom Donahoe that is where. And who says he isn't right?
                              He fired Polian after Polian called Lisa Bogdan an '***** *****'.

Most guys would fire somebody for calling his daughter that name.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X