PDA

View Full Version : Mort blames Ralph Wilson for KH starting at the end of last season...

hydro014
04-20-2006, 10:26 PM
I don't know if anyone has seen the ESPN On The Clock draft special for the Bills and if this was already posted i am sorry. Mort put the blame on RW for starting KH at the end of the season when we knew we were out of the playoffs. He said that RW is the one that dosent like JP and he made the decision for MM. He also made it seem like RW is the one that screwed up by getting rid of TD, also stating that TD is a great talent evaluator. I know Mort and TD are close but this really makes me wonder. I didn't know how to give a direct link but you can get to it from this page:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/index

Bill Brasky
04-20-2006, 10:27 PM
Yeah, TD did great in 5 years here...

I wonder if Mort mentioned the Bills record under TD's regime? Or was that Ralph's fault too?

Michael82
04-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Mort is TD's bed buddy. It doesn't surprise me that he is shifting all the blame away from TD and onto Wilson or anyone else. :ill:

Bill Brasky
04-20-2006, 10:34 PM
Plus he works for ESPN, so pretty much anything he says is wrong anyways.

They are like PFT for all sports.

OpIv37
04-20-2006, 10:39 PM
So, how does Mort get this inside track into the inner workings of the Bills FO, but no other sports reporter is privy to such information?

And if Ralph hates JP, why is JP still here? Changing GM's and coaches is a perfect excuse- all they need is Marv to go on TV and say:

'We think JP is a great kid and will have a great future in this league, but he was more suited for the previous staff's offensive system. We've decided that it would be in the best interst of our team to go in a different direction."

If Ralph really hated JP, he'd be gone by now. Also, it's Ralph's team and Ralph's money- the whole draft trade/JP pick never would have happened without Ralph's blessing.

Ebenezer
04-20-2006, 10:43 PM
RW is a huge meddler.

ICE74129
04-20-2006, 10:55 PM
Mort says he ran off Polian (which he fired) Butler which he did run off, now TD.

Bottom line Ralph should but the friggin hell out. How do you fire polian? Because he got into it with ralphs personal boy Littman.

As for as TD and Mort, this is no shock. We all know this, but I think its funny how mort is getting that Ralph doesnt' like JP. Where did he get that from? Tom Donahoe that is where. And who says he isn't right?

Mr. Miyagi
04-21-2006, 03:42 AM
If TD is so great, how come he still doesn't have a job?

The_Philster
04-21-2006, 05:11 AM
Wouldn't be the first time Mort was full of it...Jim Kelly to Pittsburgh? What a putz :loser:

chernobylwraiths
04-21-2006, 05:43 AM
It Ralph's team, he can do with it what he wants.

TacklingDummy
04-21-2006, 06:02 AM
Bottom line Ralph should but the friggin hell out.

If I owned a team and it was my money paying the players, I wouldn't butt out either.

YardRat
04-21-2006, 06:09 AM
TD's rep took a bad hit with the job he did in Buffalo...people aren't knocking on his door to hand him a job anymore, and Mort's trying to help his old friend out.

It's always bad ju-ju to attempt to make youself or someone else look better by trying to make someone else look bad.

Jeff1220
04-21-2006, 06:33 AM
Mort is one of the better NFL reporters out there, but we all know that espn, and Mort specifically, have a love affair w/ TD. To them, he is a fellow espn guy and Mort is obvioously trying to help him out. Ralph does meddle, but I can't see why he would pull the plug on a multimillion dollar investment so quickly. If anyone has a special interest in JP's success, it's Ralph.
BTW, Ralph didn't run Butler out of town. Butler was setting himself up for the San Diego job long before he got fired. Ralph knew he was paying Butler to evaluate for another team. That's why he left.

ICE74129
04-21-2006, 12:38 PM
If I owned a team and it was my money paying the players, I wouldn't butt out either.

And your team would suck, like Buffalo's does.

Dr. Lecter
04-21-2006, 12:40 PM
Mort says he ran off Polian (which he fired) Butler which he did run off, now TD.

Bottom line Ralph should but the friggin hell out. How do you fire polian? Because he got into it with ralphs personal boy Littman.

As for as TD and Mort, this is no shock. We all know this, but I think its funny how mort is getting that Ralph doesnt' like JP. Where did he get that from? Tom Donahoe that is where. And who says he isn't right?

He fired Polian after Polian called Lisa Bogdan an '***** *****'.

Most guys would fire somebody for calling his daughter that name.

ICE74129
04-21-2006, 12:42 PM
Cut the crap folks, Ol Ralph has been meddling too much for years. MM said so, TD, JB even said so after leaving.

If you are an owner it is your job to hire guys and let them do their jobs. Butt out completely, No, but our last two GM's have stated (and yeah JB said so too) that ralph was on the damn phone all the time.

That said, if Ralph doesn't like/ Want JP doesnt' that bother you at all as a fan? This kid wont' get a fair shot. He has a bad game or two and Ralph will be forcing Marv and DJ to bench him (or anyother player he doesn't like). We saw it with Flutie and RJ as well.

Let Marv run the team Ralph. Better yet...SELL!

ICE74129
04-21-2006, 12:44 PM
He fired Polian after Polian called Lisa Bogdan an '***** *****'.

Most guys would fire somebody for calling his daughter that name.

So what? Maybe he was right? She stayed we sucked. While Polian was here was the ONLY Damn time in our history we were really worth a damn.

It was a fight with littman as well. Isn't Jeffy boy married to the other daughter? now hoffman, but the other one?

Kerr
04-21-2006, 04:10 PM
TD's demise was Mike Williams.

Dr. Lecter
04-21-2006, 06:22 PM
So what? Maybe he was right? She stayed we sucked. While Polian was here was the ONLY Damn time in our history we were really worth a damn.

It was a fight with littman as well. Isn't Jeffy boy married to the other daughter? now hoffman, but the other one?

The truth is immaterial.

Go tell your boss's daughter she is an 'F'n *****' and see what happens.

ICE74129
04-21-2006, 06:29 PM
The truth is immaterial.

Go tell your boss's daughter she is an 'F'n *****' and see what happens.

Well in our case, we go on a more than decade down fall and BP puts two teams in Their confrence championships and builds another perinial winner.

Good Business is to seperate them and see what the real issue is and try to find a way to work together. Instead Ralph went knee jerk and fired the best damn GM in the league. Ralph was wrong period and we have paid ever since.

Jeff1220
04-21-2006, 08:16 PM
BTW, I appreciate what BP did in Buffalo in the 90's, but how many Super Bowls have his teams won?

Michael82
04-22-2006, 11:31 AM
TD's demise was Mike Williams.
I disagree. IMO, Tom Donahoe's demise was Roscoe Parrish. That draft pick REALLY REALLY pissed off Ralph.

Kerr
04-22-2006, 03:12 PM
I disagree. IMO, Tom Donahoe's demise was Roscoe Parrish. That draft pick REALLY REALLY pissed off Ralph.

word.