PDA

View Full Version : Why not DeAngelo Williams?

X-Era
04-21-2006, 06:58 AM
We know that McGahee shows up when he wants to.

We know that McGahee has Rosen-Douche as a agent

We Know that McGahee is set to demand serious money soon.

We know that McGahee thinks of himself first. Especially his little photo holding the McFalrane figure of him.

Now, at 8, we will get a shot at DeAngelo Williams. I have watched alot of his games and hes the next LT. Hes not as good as Reggie Bush, but hes a stud. Heres his write up:

Deangelo Williams
RB (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/position?id=9) | (5'9", 214, 4.55) | MEMPHIS (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/school?id=2287)

Scouts Grade: 95 <table class="tablemed" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr height="18" valign="middle"> <td> View by: Round (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/round?draftyear=2006) | Player (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/players?draftyear=2006) | NCAA School (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/school?draftyear=2006) | Position (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/position?draftyear=2006) | NFL Team (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/team?draftyear=2006) | Flag (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/alert?draftyear=2006)http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/in.gif | All Ranked Players (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/rankedPlayers?draftyear=2006)http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/in.gif | NFL Draft History (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/histround?year=2005&draftyear=2006) </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!---Insider promo--> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="2" class="tablesm" align="center" bgcolor="#ececec"> <table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center"> You are signed into Insider http://espn.starwave.com/i/in.gif and have access to the exclusive draft content below. </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<!-- path: format/draft/playerStats?playerId=133410--> <table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr class="stathead" bgcolor="#3f591a"> <td>Career Totals</td><td colspan="4" align="center">Rushing</td><td colspan="4" align="center">Receiving</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td align="left">SEASON</td><td>ATT</td><td>YDS</td><td>AVG</td><td>TD</td><td>REC</td><td>YDS</td><td>AVG</td><td>TD</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">2005</td><td>309</td><td>1959</td><td>6.3</td><td>18</td><td>12</td><td>78</td><td>6.5</td><td>1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">2004</td><td>313</td><td>1948</td><td>6.2</td><td>22</td><td>18</td><td>210</td><td>11.7</td><td>1</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">2003</td><td>243</td><td>1430</td><td>5.9</td><td>10</td><td>35</td><td>384</td><td>11.0</td><td>3</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">2002</td><td>103</td><td>684</td><td>6.6</td><td>5</td><td>5</td><td>51</td><td>10.2</td><td>0</td></tr><tr> <td colspan="9">· View full player card (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=133410)</td> </tr> </tbody></table> Strengths: Is a well-built, compact RB. Shows very good initial quickness and burst through the hole. He is a shifty runner but decisive. A slashing-type with good vision and patience. Shows very good COD skills. Plants and drives quickly when he sees the cutback lane. Runs with excellent pad-level and is a powerful runner. Shows some elusiveness in space. Will make some defenders miss in the open field. Also has the leverage, burst and power to run over defenders in the open field. He has good speed and shows an adequate second-gear. He has excellent natural power and rarely goes down with first contact. He breaks a lot of tackles and will push the pile as a short-yardage runner. He is slippery and quick. Will slither through small creases and then bounce runs quickly to the outside. He shows a strong stiff-arm and will ride defenders down the sideline. Has very good balance and body control. Has developed a very good feel for route running. Is mostly used on flares and dump offs but shows good hands and fluid hips. Should present matchup problems vs. LB's in the NFL. He can pluck on the run and catch over his head. He gets upfield quickly and is a threat after the catch. Has great power at the POA as a blocker. Has upside in that facet if his awareness and technique are refined. He's intelligent, hard-working and tough. An excellent team leader with impressive intangibles.

Weaknesses: Durability is somewhat of a concern. He has suffered a broken foot that cost him most of his sophomore season in high school, a knee sprain that cost him two games as a freshman in 2002, a season ending MCL tear in his left knee vs. Cincinnati in 2003 and a broken leg in the 2004 GMAC Bowl. He already has a lot of mileage on his legs. He lacks ideal height. Has good but not elite speed. He has had some fumbling problems in the past and needs to better protect the football. He still has some work to do in terms of technique as a pass blocker. Limited experience in that area. Lack of height also presents some matchup problems in pass pro.

Overall: Williams' mother has battled with breast cancer, which played a big part in him choosing to stay close to home in college. Williams started one of the 10 games that he played as a true freshman in 2002. He took over as a fulltime starter in his sophomore seasons in 2003 and has been the Tigers load-carrier since. Prior to his senior season in 2005, Williams had 659 carries for 4,062 yards and 37 touchdowns. As a junior in 2004, Williams rushed for 1948 yard and 22 TDs on 313 carries. He also had 18 receptions for 210 yards and one TD. As a senior in 2005, Williams rushed for 1,964 yards and 18 touchdowns on 310 carries, while also catching 12 passes for 78 yards and one touchdown. Williams was expected to depart for the NFL following his junior season but his broken leg in the GMAC Bowl played a part in his decision to return to Memphis for senior season in 2005. Williams bounced back as a senior in 2005 and answered any questions regarding his ability to return to form. He does have a lot of mileage on his legs and has had some trouble staying healthy in the past. He also lacks ideal height and elite speed. However, he has enough size, strength, quickness, toughness, vision and versatility to emerge as a premier starting running back in the NFL. He's an absolute workhorse as a ball carrier and he has enough receiving and blocking skills to emerge as an every-down starter at the next level. Furthermore, Williams is a high-character person with a great work ethic. In our opinion, Williams ranks among the elite prospects in the 2006 class and should be considered as a top-15 draft pick

Now, Im happy with any guy we take at 8. But Id love to land our franchise RB. ONLY, if we feel it ISNT McGahee. New regime, a GM who wants character guys.

I feel DeAngelo Williams will get yards regardless if its the last game in a 1 and 14 year or if its in the playoffs. We cant say that for McGahee.

That would make McGahee tradeable and who knows what we could get for him.

Like I said, I happy with taking a more conventional pick at 8 or even trading down. But, if we took Williams, I think we would be very very happy in the long run.

Night Train
04-21-2006, 07:15 AM
A RB on Day 1 wouldn't surprise me. If McGahee goes down, we're dead.

Shaud Williams is 4 foot 11 and Gates was a 7th rounder who can't block.

The new staff owes these guys nothing.

SquishDaFish
04-21-2006, 07:31 AM
RB in rd 1 again. HELL NO!

don137
04-21-2006, 07:35 AM
Only if you unload WM for a first round pick and select Williams in his place...otherwise that would be a TD move...

Bulldog
04-21-2006, 07:38 AM
I hope the Bills aren't going to take a RB that high in the draft. I wouldn't mind seeing this guy late in day one :

Maurice Drew

Tailback

Height: 5-foot-8
Weight: 205 pounds
Class Year: Jr
Experience: 2V
High School: De La Salle HS
Hometown: Antioch, CA

Scouting Report Summary

Frank Coyle: Big-play back who probably falls to late in the first day in a deep class. He has the upside to start within a short time and is capable of stepping in and filling the third-down and punt-returner roles immediately. [More]

Main | Stats | Headlines | As a Recruit | Scouting Report

Pros: He displays fine all-around skills and is a powerful, compact runner with big legs and strong, short frame, allowing him to run in a crouched position and with a downhill style. He provides defenders a small target, showing exceptional change-of-direction skills. He is very quick to the hole and uses good vision and decision-making to effectively run inside. Displays a great burst of acceleration through the hole. He runs good routes and has sure hands to provide his club with a well-rounded back capable of playing the third-down role as a rookie.
Cons: His marginal size is a concern and some durability problems will have to be addressed if he expects to win a feature back role. He runs the 40 in the low 4.5s, which will keep him out of the top tier of backs, but his playing speed is very good, allowing him to get the corner consistently. As a blocker, he can struggle when asked to pick up the blitz, which may hinder his playing time.
Numbers: As a junior, he rushed for 914 yards on 186 carries for a 4.9 yards-per-carry average and 13 TDs. He also caught 31 passes for a 14.6 yards-per-catch average and four TDs. He is the only player in school history to score five TDs in a game, which he did twice. At the Combine, he ran a fine 4.39 with 18 reps in the lifting, a 36-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot, 8-inch broad jump.
Skinny: Big-play back who probably falls to late in the first day in a deep class. He has the upside to start within a short time and is capable of stepping in and filling the third-down and punt-returner roles immediately.

clumping platelets
04-21-2006, 07:59 AM
Joseph Addai in rd 2 :up:

The Spaz
04-21-2006, 09:15 AM
Joseph Addai in rd 2 :up:

Colts may take him in round 1.

BigGabes23
04-21-2006, 09:39 AM
RB depth is a Priority, but not in RD 1. I would not upset with addai or drew in rd 2, especially if we trade down and get an extra pick...

Jan Reimers
04-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Only if you unload WM for a first round pick and select Williams in his place...otherwise that would be a TD move...
Excellent post. We just have so many other needs, that RB, WR, TE and QB seem out of the question in the first round.

BillsNick
04-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Maroney in rd 2 (if available)

dannyek71
04-21-2006, 10:56 AM
When will people realize that any RB can look great with a good OL. Lets build an OL and worry about a RB later. As we all know, RBs have a short shelf life, so lets make a stud RB the last piece of the puzzle.

Mudflap1
04-21-2006, 11:01 AM
I think we should take a punter with the #8 overall pick.

Jon

Jersey1031
04-21-2006, 11:03 AM
No way we take DeAngelo...

mikemac2001
04-21-2006, 11:08 AM

Jon

No a long snapper with the 8th

Bmax
04-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Day 2 is the place to select a RB .....plus we could still sign one FA..

With our run defense ranked last or 2nd to last .. We should think def and only def . with the few off line exceptions...Tom donahoe must still have some of you guys under his evil control.. Walk away from the dark side fellas..10 out of 12 picks have been on off. wow and some of you want a rb in rd 1 or 2 incredible.

Bmax

Jersey1031
04-21-2006, 12:02 PM
We don't need another RB on this roster...

McGahee420
04-21-2006, 12:04 PM

Jon
:lmao: :beers:

Billsrock4life
04-21-2006, 12:05 PM
Day 2 is the place to select a RB .....plus we could still sign one FA..

With our run defense ranked last or 2nd to last .. We should think def and only def . with the few off line exceptions...Tom donahoe must still have some of you guys under his evil control.. Walk away from the dark side fellas..10 out of 12 picks have been on off. wow and some of you want a rb in rd 1 or 2 incredible.

Bmax

agreed wait till day 2 to take a RB

Jersey1031
04-21-2006, 12:06 PM
agreed wait till day 2 to take a RB

We have bigger needs, why can't we just sign an undrafted RB...

ryjam282
04-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Now, at 8, we will get a shot at DeAngelo Williams. I have watched alot of his games and hes the next LT. Hes not as good as Reggie Bush, but hes a stud. Heres his write up:

He's the next LT but not as good as Reggie Bush :scratch: How is that possible? LT is best in the game, and Bush hasn't played a down yet...

superbills
04-21-2006, 12:35 PM
We don't need another RB on this roster...

No, we don't need another, but we do need to get rid of what he have behind McGahee and replace with with capable backups. Anything Rd 2 or later is ok with me.

Marvelous
04-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Drafting a RB with huge upside is a must. McGahee will wannaleave next year anyways. Plus we know he's not as good as his stats. I guess it cost a extra mill for us to see that siff arm again. Juke, what's a juke?

Kerr
04-21-2006, 04:30 PM
jerius norwood.

X-Era
04-21-2006, 05:36 PM
When will people realize that any RB can look great with a good OL. Lets build an OL and worry about a RB later. As we all know, RBs have a short shelf life, so lets make a stud RB the last piece of the puzzle.

But DeAngelo Williams looked great WITHOUT a good o-line.

What has Marv done on OL that has you convinced we can start ANY RB as you put it?

Ummm, if we aint building that great o-line we better start thinking out of the box or were toast.

X-Era
04-21-2006, 05:38 PM

Jon

Actually I was thinking trade down over and over and fill the roster with the next Geisenger/McFarland/Esposito.

Hell, the Rhein Fire could be unstoppable if they started all our OL draft picks!

Luisito23
04-21-2006, 07:09 PM
:puke:

GO BILLS!!!!

TacklingDummy
04-21-2006, 07:13 PM

I agree.

Put Barry Sanders behind the Dallas O-line and see who would have the rushing record. And then put Emmitt behind the Lions line.

Smith couldn't hold Sanders jock.

X-Era
04-21-2006, 07:13 PM
I agree.

Put Barry Sanders behind the Dallas O-line and see who would have the rushing record. And then put Emmitt behind the Lions line.

I actually agree with you....finally.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-22-2006, 04:49 AM
I agree.

For once I agree with you TD--you are absolutely correct on this one!!!

If Barry Sanders played behind Larry Allen and Co. in an offense with a good passing game, there's no telling how many yards and TDs he could have gotten in a season, let alone over his career.

There are only three NFL RBs that I have had the pleasure of watching over the last 45+ years that made me stop and hold my breath every time they touched the ball because they could not only go the distance, but do something I had never seen before and might never see again: Jim Brown, OJ Simpson and Barry Sanders. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see hardly any of Gale Sayers' games at the time he played, but he would have been the fourth guy. And, of those four, I rank Brown and Sanders as # 1 and # 1 A on my list of all-time best RBs. I don't care how many yards or TDs E.Smith or E.Dickerson or W.Payton racked up, they didn't put you on the edge of your seat wondering what they would do next the way Sanders did on every carry, even though he played most of the time behind a mediocre offensive line at best. Maybe Reggie Bush can be that kind of player in the NFL...maybe...but he'll have to show that he can do it consistently over the course of a couple of seasons.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-22-2006, 05:05 AM
jerius norwood.

My thoughts exactly.

It looks like, barring a miracle, the Bills are going DT in the first round. That means they have to go O-line and DB with at least two of their three remaining first day picks and still must get another DT and probably a LB and another O-lineman out of this draft before they look at a RB. Modrak and Levy both stressed the need to build up the lines and I believe that that will be their priority and that they will spend at least 4 picks (2 offensive and 2 defensive) on the lines.

Norwood is a guy who will probably last into the second day of the draft. He was very productive for a horrible offense playing in a league with some great defenses. He isn't a big back, but has a lot of speed, even if he does appear to be more of a straight-line runner (sound a little like a guy named T.Henry?). He never played with even a close to decent QB at Miss. St. behind a poor offensive line with defenses stacked up to stop him because he was the team's only real offensive threat. His coach Sly Croom, a former NFL assistant, says that he is good enough to play and even start in the NFL. He could be a late round steal that would allow the Bills to use their picks in the first 4-5 rounds to address their higher priority needs.

I really like DeAngelo Williams--a couple of years ago when he had a good offensive line, he looked terrific--but the Bills can not afford to take a player like Williams at the expense of bolstering their lines, which are the weakest part of the team.

Dozerdog
04-24-2006, 04:48 PM
We know that McGahee shows up when he wants to.

We know that McGahee has Rosen-Douche as a agent

We Know that McGahee is set to demand serious money soon.

What if McGahee- with a patched up OL- runs for 1600 yards and 16 TDs?

Then we wasted a top pick on a bench warmer.