PDA

View Full Version : Ralph's Genius Explained

Throne Logic
04-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Folks, this is a polical world. If you want something, you have to play the political game better than everyone else. Ralph is currently doing just that. As with every other game, he still may not win, but he has played his way into the next round.

I admire Ralph's efforts. He put himself out there, open to ridicule from all angles. I'm betting that Ralph wasn't, by a long shot, the only owner who did not fully understand what they were approving in that CBA meeting. Ralph was, however, the only owner with the balls to admit that the details were too numerous and complicated to fully comprehend during a last minute effort to pass a CBA extension. When he had the time to review the contract with his braintrust, they determined what the specific problems were and went on the offensive.

Whether or not you completely agree with everything you've heard from Ralph and his camp, you have to recognize the fact that he has accomplished the first of many goals leading toward keeping the Bills in Buffalo. He's captured the attention of the entire football world utilizing the adage, "there is no such thing as bad publicity when trying to get someone's attention". He turned that into local political support. Politicians, being what they are, jumped on the bandwagon to "SAVE THE BILLS!" Ralph parleyed that into regional political backing and eventually enlisted members of the Federal goverment. Now he has a publicized guarantee that the Bills will have representation on the Revenue Sharing Committee.

I'm going to print up a "00" Jersey with "RALPH" on the nameplate. At least I know he won't be cut or traded after I wear it twice . . .

OpIv37
04-21-2006, 10:13 AM
I'm going to print up a "00" Jersey with "RALPH" on the nameplate. At least I know he won't be cut or traded after I wear it twice . . .

yeah but he could kick off before you wear it twice.

Jan Reimers
04-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Great Post. I was critical of Ralph at first, but I have come to really admire him for enlisting so much public, media and political support for our cause.

Throne Logic
04-21-2006, 10:23 AM
yeah but he could kick off before you wear it twice.

:D:

Night Train
04-21-2006, 10:43 AM
Well stated. I saw that entire news conference after the Schumer meeting.

Tags said he'll let Ralph put Jeff Littman on those qualifier committee's and then the rich boys won't be able to bend the revenue sharing rules to their advantage. :up:

Jersey1031
04-21-2006, 11:04 AM

Tags said he'll let Ralph put Jeff Littman on those qualifier committee's and then the rich boys won't be able to bend the revenue sharing rules to their advantage. :up:

Good news...

ICE74129
04-21-2006, 12:36 PM

Well yeah Littman is his boy. I wonder if he is going to be wearing that gay bow tie if his?

Saratoga Slim
04-21-2006, 01:21 PM
the bow tie has gotta go. there's just no bow ties in football.

Mitchy moo
04-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Folks, this is a polical world. If you want something, you have to play the political game better than everyone else. Ralph is currently doing just that. As with every other game, he still may not win, but he has played his way into the next round.

I admire Ralph's efforts. He put himself out there, open to ridicule from all angles. I'm betting that Ralph wasn't, by a long shot, the only owner who did not fully understand what they were approving in that CBA meeting. Ralph was, however, the only owner with the balls to admit that the details were too numerous and complicated to fully comprehend during a last minute effort to pass a CBA extension. When he had the time to review the contract with his braintrust, they determined what the specific problems were and went on the offensive.

Whether or not you completely agree with everything you've heard from Ralph and his camp, you have to recognize the fact that he has accomplished the first of many goals leading toward keeping the Bills in Buffalo. He's captured the attention of the entire football world utilizing the adage, "there is no such thing as bad publicity when trying to get someone's attention". He turned that into local political support. Politicians, being what they are, jumped on the bandwagon to "SAVE THE BILLS!" Ralph parleyed that into regional political backing and eventually enlisted members of the Federal goverment. Now he has a publicized guarantee that the Bills will have representation on the Revenue Sharing Committee.

RW might be one of the few jerseys you lose to death by old age.

Typ0
04-21-2006, 03:09 PM
at first I agreed with this...but after thinking about it I think it was a horrible political move. RW unneccessarily incensed the public.

Earthquake Enyart
04-21-2006, 03:12 PM
at first I agreed with this...but after thinking about it I think it was a horrible political move. RW unneccessarily incensed the public.
Ralph got a seat at the negotiating table. That's all he wanted.

Dozerdog
04-21-2006, 03:30 PM
Good for Ralph!

Ralph doesn't care if he has incensed the public. He's been booed, jeered, called cheap, and ridiculed over 46 years.

He got a lot of people to sit up and take notice - even I was falling victim to the "In the NFL We Trust" mentality- that the commissioner, league, and NFLPA all knew what they were doing to make 32 team owners and 1600 players rich and financially stable.

Typ0
04-21-2006, 03:31 PM
Ralph got a seat at the negotiating table. That's all he wanted.

what good is it if he can't understand an agreement or even know what day it is? It's a token measure is all it is. The Bills staying in buffalo is going to come down to the organization itself having a sound financial plan for the future.

Earthquake Enyart
04-21-2006, 03:57 PM
Ralph understands.

Over the years, you never saw ANYBODY from the Bills on any of the important comittees (competition, television, etc.). Never. Ralph wanted to make damn sure that he got on this one.

Ralphie Boy is gonna help figure out how to divvy up the pie. :up:

The_Philster
04-21-2006, 05:50 PM
what good is it if he can't understand an agreement A lot of good if he's actually given time to understand it. They gave the owners 45 minutes to go over everything. Ralph wasn't the only one to not understand it in that short amount of time..it's just that he and Mike Brown were the only 2 who didn't panic and vote in favor of it just because of a deadline. Maybe you'd be happier if he would just follow the crowd but personally, I'm happier that he's got a little integrity

Throne Logic
04-21-2006, 11:45 PM

Um, that's how it works. People don't pay much attention until you spin it into something extremely outrageous or do something that is horrific. Ralph chose the former option and you give him crap. Perhaps you'd rather he followed Middle East tactics to garner attention?

Ralph is an accomplished businessman and politician. Those who are successful in one area are generally successful in both. This is why Ralph owns and operates an NFL franchise and we ***** about it on a free message board.