PDA

View Full Version : Finally!! Some good news about the bidding process-Adelphia & Creditors out!

Ebenezer
02-07-2003, 07:42 AM
No link yet...

WGR-55 is reporting that the Manahattan judge who is handling the Adelphia bankruptcy has determined that Adelphia, nor it's creditors, have ANY say in any future bidding process on the Buffalo Sabres. They are not to lay conditions or be involved.

For the first time I am almost convinced that the Sabres will stay here (about 70%---the other 30 still thinks they could get contracted)...if there is a legimate offer that comes about.

Earthquake Enyart
02-07-2003, 08:05 AM
If that is true, then Hamister could cut out the payment to Adelphia out of his bid........

clumping platelets
02-07-2003, 10:31 AM
This could put wind back in Hamister's sails :chuckle:

BillC
02-07-2003, 12:11 PM
Or to paraphrase Hank Bullough-

This will put sails in to hammister's wind.

don137
02-07-2003, 03:46 PM
It sounds like WGR confused things again, I just read an article on ESPN and it said "Manhattan Bankruptcy Court Judge Robert Gerber gave Adelphia permission to agree to a sale of the Sabres to any bidder. Gerber's order says Adelphia can agree to any sale of Sabres assets approved by the bankruptcy court in western New York."
To me that sounds like Adelphia's hands are still in the cookie jar but there creditors do not have a say.
The article also said the Buffalo Sabres received an additional $15 million line of credit and approval to pay four players their deferred salaries on Friday.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/news/2003/0207/1505521.html