PDA

View Full Version : Where will RJ play next year?

Mr. Miyagi
02-07-2003, 08:16 AM
Our beloved Rob Johnson is an unrestricted free agent this offseason. Not to beat a dead horse, but I don't see him going back to Tampa next season. I think Gruden will give up on him.

Where do you think he'll be playing next season?

Bulldog
02-07-2003, 08:41 AM
In his hot tub!!!

BLeonard
02-07-2003, 08:44 AM
Are there any openings in the CFL?? :)

-Bill

Typ0
02-07-2003, 09:07 AM
I would love to see the Bengals start him. That would be funny and this time we could sit back and watch someone else destruct with RJ on the field.

Cntrygal
02-07-2003, 09:18 AM
As long as it isn't the Bills... I don't care where he lands.

WG
02-07-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog
In his hot tub!!!

Come on Bulldog! This is a family site!!!

:biggrin:

I see Arizona taking a chance on him by bringing him back out to the left coast. Tempe/Phoenix is very WCish. Warm weather, beach is only a 6+ hr. drive, short hop flight. The "Plummer experiment" will now come to a close, about 4 years too late for AZ.

The other obvious choices are Baltimore, but I don't think they'll sign him in spite of them probably not signing Blake back either. Cincy, who said they liked Kitna, and I believe that they think Kitna's as good or in the same park as Rob.

Dallas won't sign him w/ Parcells there now. Washington won't be interested until the determine that Ramsey isn't going to work out. If they sign Rob, it'll be as a backup IMO. Spurrier has some issues down here. All fans talk about, or at least a lot of the talk, is about Spurrier's rotating QB deal this past season. He'll need to pick a QB and stick w/ him if he's to have any credibility this upcoming season.

venis2k1
02-07-2003, 09:23 AM
He said he will be a buc next year, unless he can start somewhere. A team would be crazy to start RJ. He wants another ring in TB.

Dozerdog
02-07-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Cntrygal
As long as it isn't the Bills... I don't care where he lands.

I have more interest in where Plummer and Stewart land than this guy.

He's gone- I don't really care:deadhorse

Shasta McNasty
02-07-2003, 09:29 AM
Barcelona would be a good fit!

WG
02-07-2003, 10:13 AM
LOL

Mr. Miyagi
02-07-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
I see Arizona taking a chance on him by bringing him back out to the left coast. Tempe/Phoenix is very WCish. Warm weather, beach is only a 6+ hr. drive, short hop flight.

The other obvious choices are Baltimore, but I don't think they'll sign him in spite of them probably not signing Blake back either. Cincy, who said they liked Kitna, and I believe that they think Kitna's as good or in the same park as Rob.
I can also see Arizona going with him. But Baltimore I do see it. They've got Jeff Blake and even if they lose him to FA, they'd probably go back to Redman. Redman isn't as bad as people think, and is still better than RJ.

casdhf
02-07-2003, 10:59 AM
I don't think he's going to get a shot anywhere.

BillC
02-07-2003, 11:25 AM
He will be a 3rd stringer somewhere.

Bulldog
02-07-2003, 11:26 AM
What are you talking about Wys, I was referring to the picture he had taken for the story Spots Illistrated did on him when he was with Buffalo. Maybe you need to get your mind out of the gutter!!
:punch:

The Natrix
02-07-2003, 11:31 AM
I don't know but I think he will start somewhere. If he can't stay resonably healthy, I think he will then be a backup for the rest of his career.

I would say Arizona if I had to pick a team. I also wouldn't be surprised if he stays with the Bucs, as a backup.

Jeff1220
02-07-2003, 06:06 PM
Baltimore is very unlikely to have Redman back as a starter. I don't folow the Ravens too much, but the general word down here is that Redman's back problems are career threatening. If he does play again, it probably won't be at the level he was playing before. He looked like a promising young QB too, las t season.

shelby
02-07-2003, 06:23 PM
i wouldn't be surprised if Gruden invested one more year in him. Chucky was sincerely in love with RJ's arm.

Bert102176
02-08-2003, 12:02 AM
nothing personal but who cares about RJ, I'm worried about PP and the players I would like the Bills to sign not former Bills players.

Scott
02-08-2003, 12:43 PM
I think RJ will be back in Tampa and King may leave for a better opportunity somewhere.

Judge
02-14-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by shelby
i wouldn't be surprised if Gruden invested one more year in him. Chucky was sincerely in love with RJ's arm.

But Gruden didn't think much of RJ's brain from what I remember.

Ð
02-16-2003, 08:53 PM
Hamilton Tiiger Cats ;)