PDA

View Full Version : We are taking Cutler, err, Huff, errr Bunkley....

ICE74129
04-21-2006, 05:33 PM
LMAO All on the same day 3 different sources with 'insider info' says we are high on 3 different guys but dont like others LOL!

Hot rumor of the week: The Buffalo Bills have become hot on Vanderbilt quarterback Jay Cutler. Word is the high-ranking members of the organization, which means owner Ralph Wilson and general manager Marv Levy, have taken a liking to Cutler. The interesting thing there is that the Bills used a first-round pick on J.P. Losman two years ago, which means if they picked Cutler it would be a sign that Losman's tenure is likely over. There was word that the Bills were shopping Losman, but they denied that emphatically. If the Cutler talk is true, they would have no choice but to send Losman packing.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Pete Pricso<o:p></o:p>
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9388328/2
Updated: April 21, 2006, 12:13 PM ET

By Todd McShay
Scouts Inc.

Despite their switch from a two-gap defensive front to more of a one-gap penetration scheme, the Bills have <st1:State w:st="on">Oregon</st1:State> DT Haloti Ngata rated ahead of <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Florida</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">State</st1:PlaceType></st1:place> DT Brodrick Bunkley. Ngata is a massive prospect (338 pounds) who seemingly fits the Ted Washington-mold as a space-eating nose tackle in the middle of a 3-4 scheme. However, Ngata spent most of his time as a 4-3 DT/NT at <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Oregon</st1:place></st1:State> and would be asked to do the same if drafted by the Bills with the eighth overall pick.

Word has it that new general manager Marv Levy has concerns regarding Bunkley's off-the-field issues and also worries about the <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Florida</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">State</st1:PlaceType> product adjusting to the cold winters in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City>. That said, the Bills are not as sold on drafting a defensive tackle with their first-round pick (No. 8) as most have been led to believe. In fact, we've been told the team would seriously consider drafting <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Texas</st1:State></st1:place> DB Michael Huff if he's available.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>Bills | Team focused on Bunkley?
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:04:26 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the Buffalo Bills sound as though they are focused on taking Florida State DT Brodrick Bunkley with the eighth pick in the first round of next week's NFL Draft. Oregon DT Haloti Ngata is too big and not quick enough for their new Cover 2 defensive scheme, which needs quicker defensive linemen. The Bills could be tempted to trade down a few spots if they get the right offer and still be in position to come up with Bunkley.

Mcshay and Geek need to get together and sort this out I guess? Pete is on crack I guess and missed Marvs 'No We are not trading JP and he is going to compete' Press confrence?

Just one more week folks and this BS is over...thank GOD!

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2006, 08:18 PM
Huff I say!

OpIv37
04-21-2006, 08:19 PM
if we take Cutler or Young I will seriously hurt someone. That would be the dumbest move since Mike Williams.

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2006, 08:22 PM
I wouldn't like the move but I think it would be an upgrade at QB, which all in all never is bad.

OpIv37
04-21-2006, 08:27 PM
I wouldn't like the move but I think it would be an upgrade at QB, which all in all never is bad.

the problem for me is that we already have a cluster**** of QB's and we need help in so many other areas. A QB will not help right away, whereas Huff, Brick, Hawk, Ngata etc could. Plus it seems like a waste to pick another QB before Losman has had a real shot.

Dr. Lecter
04-21-2006, 08:33 PM
Right away is not that important since this team will not be very good this year.

With that said, I would break something if Young is drafted.

alohabillsfan
04-22-2006, 05:02 AM
hmm, the bills are high on 3 players that could be available at 8 that have been talked about by numerous teams can you say trade?

Huff-Dallas
Cutler-Minn
Njata-Cleveland

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm

LifetimeBillsFan
04-22-2006, 05:12 AM
hmm, the bills are high on 3 players that could be available at 8 that have been talked about by numerous teams can you say trade?

Huff-Dallas
Cutler-Minn
Njata-Cleveland

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm

Don't forget that Philly is also high on Ngata.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-22-2006, 06:32 AM
Here is what I think they are trying to say:

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2439/smoke0ax.jpg (http://imageshack.us)