Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Chargers back to L.A.?

Off the AP wire at work ....

By ALLISON HOFFMAN
    Associated Press Writer
    SAN DIEGO (AP) - Cash-strapped San Diego doesn't have the money to help the Chargers build a new stadium, Mayor Jerry Sanders said Friday, opening the door for Southern California's only NFL team to leave the city it has called home for 45 years.
    Sanders said he plans to ask the City Council to amend the Chargers' lease to allow the team to begin looking at sites elsewhere in San Diego County before the end of the year. If the team fails to find a new home in the county before Jan. 1, the Chargers would be free to negotiate a deal anywhere in the country.
    The Chargers can leave San Diego after the 2008 season if they pay off the approximately $60 million in bonds the city issued in 1997 to expanded Qualcomm Stadium.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Re: Chargers back to L.A.?

The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

I was just in San Diego and there seemed to be way more money there then here. That is crazy to me.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

that would suck for Chargers fans and I hope this doesn't happen, but it's better than the Bills going to LA
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jeff1220
          H to the 12:20
          • Jul 2002

That move is about the equivalent of the Bills moving from Buffalo to Syracuse. The Chargers moving would have the least impact on its fans than any of the other teams mentioned.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Honestly at this point I am all about Buffalo. I would empathize with the Charger fans but anything to save the Bills is good with me!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
              Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jeff1220
              That move is about the equivalent of the Bills moving from Buffalo to Syracuse. The Chargers moving would have the least impact on its fans than any of the other teams mentioned.
              Yeah, except people who ***** about the Bills moving to SYR or ROCH always complain about the "Traffic" it would cause.

Traffic for SD fans driving to LA would be 10x worse than Canadian traffic trying to get to the Ralph.

Comment

• Crisis
                • Aug 2004

Screw LA.
                Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Vanek is Austrian not European
                Originally posted by Prov401
                Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                Originally posted by better days
                I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• evol4276
                  • Oct 2005

i'd hate for that to happen if i were san diego fans, but at least they would still be located in CA and it wouldn't be that much of a change.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Philagape
                    Off the AP wire at work ....

By ALLISON HOFFMAN
                    Associated Press Writer
                    SAN DIEGO (AP) - Cash-strapped San Diego doesn't have the money to help the Chargers build a new stadium, Mayor Jerry Sanders said Friday, opening the door for Southern California's only NFL team to leave the city it has called home for 45 years.
                    Sanders said he plans to ask the City Council to amend the Chargers' lease to allow the team to begin looking at sites elsewhere in San Diego County before the end of the year. If the team fails to find a new home in the county before Jan. 1, the Chargers would be free to negotiate a deal anywhere in the country.
                    The Chargers can leave San Diego after the 2008 season if they pay off the approximately $60 million in bonds the city issued in 1997 to expanded Qualcomm Stadium.
                    to go here for a minute but it kind of ties into this story. Here it goes the city of SD could have avoided this if they didn't build the terrible Padres baseball team a new stadium. Remember the Padres used to play in Jack Murphy Stadium.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Come on San Diego, bungle your chance and lose your team to LA. That would definitely be a big plus for Buffalo because it would fill one major hole that is looking for a team.

Comment

Working...
                      X