PDA

View Full Version : Chargers back to L.A.?

Philagape
04-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Off the AP wire at work ....

By ALLISON HOFFMAN
Associated Press Writer
SAN DIEGO (AP) - Cash-strapped San Diego doesn't have the money to help the Chargers build a new stadium, Mayor Jerry Sanders said Friday, opening the door for Southern California's only NFL team to leave the city it has called home for 45 years.
Sanders said he plans to ask the City Council to amend the Chargers' lease to allow the team to begin looking at sites elsewhere in San Diego County before the end of the year. If the team fails to find a new home in the county before Jan. 1, the Chargers would be free to negotiate a deal anywhere in the country.
The Chargers can leave San Diego after the 2008 season if they pay off the approximately $60 million in bonds the city issued in 1997 to expanded Qualcomm Stadium.

The_Philster
04-21-2006, 06:49 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9389618

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2006, 08:16 PM
I was just in San Diego and there seemed to be way more money there then here. That is crazy to me.

OpIv37
04-21-2006, 08:17 PM
that would suck for Chargers fans and I hope this doesn't happen, but it's better than the Bills going to LA

Jeff1220
04-21-2006, 08:21 PM
That move is about the equivalent of the Bills moving from Buffalo to Syracuse. The Chargers moving would have the least impact on its fans than any of the other teams mentioned.

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Honestly at this point I am all about Buffalo. I would empathize with the Charger fans but anything to save the Bills is good with me!

Bill Brasky
04-21-2006, 09:07 PM
That move is about the equivalent of the Bills moving from Buffalo to Syracuse. The Chargers moving would have the least impact on its fans than any of the other teams mentioned.

Yeah, except people who ***** about the Bills moving to SYR or ROCH always complain about the "Traffic" it would cause.

Traffic for SD fans driving to LA would be 10x worse than Canadian traffic trying to get to the Ralph.

Crisis
04-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Screw LA.

evol4276
04-21-2006, 11:44 PM
i'd hate for that to happen if i were san diego fans, but at least they would still be located in CA and it wouldn't be that much of a change.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-21-2006, 11:49 PM
Off the AP wire at work ....

By ALLISON HOFFMAN
Associated Press Writer
SAN DIEGO (AP) - Cash-strapped San Diego doesn't have the money to help the Chargers build a new stadium, Mayor Jerry Sanders said Friday, opening the door for Southern California's only NFL team to leave the city it has called home for 45 years.
Sanders said he plans to ask the City Council to amend the Chargers' lease to allow the team to begin looking at sites elsewhere in San Diego County before the end of the year. If the team fails to find a new home in the county before Jan. 1, the Chargers would be free to negotiate a deal anywhere in the country.
The Chargers can leave San Diego after the 2008 season if they pay off the approximately $60 million in bonds the city issued in 1997 to expanded Qualcomm Stadium.

:sorry: to go :offtopic: here for a minute but it kind of ties into this story. Here it goes the city of SD could have avoided this if they didn't build the terrible Padres baseball team a new stadium. Remember the Padres used to play in Jack Murphy Stadium.

Michael82
04-22-2006, 01:21 PM
Come on San Diego, bungle your chance and lose your team to LA. That would definitely be a big plus for Buffalo because it would fill one major hole that is looking for a team.