PDA

View Full Version : Think some should read this....

clumping platelets
04-21-2006, 06:39 PM
http://www.ourlads.com/Sabo042106.html

This is someone who understands....

Philagape
04-21-2006, 06:43 PM
"Not all teams have a prime need and they have the luxury of selecting the highest rated player on their value board."

That's what I've said all along -- BPA is a luxury.

As for us, any team that has Bennie & Tim Anderson as starters has prime, grade-A, king-size jumbo needs.

YardRat
04-21-2006, 06:45 PM
"Not all teams have a prime need and they have the luxury of selecting the highest rated player on their value board."

Bingo.

ICE74129
04-21-2006, 06:45 PM
http://www.ourlads.com/Sabo042106.html

This is someone who understands....

He understands what? I would rather stick with a guy that built a team so good that a rookie can step in and during his 2nd year win a superbowl.

We have clear cut needs, DL, OL. After that pick anything but WR and QB.

And on that guys article Gil Brandt a top former Personel guy that still works for the NFL just said not 10 min ago that he felt Arizona needs DL, not a first round QB. So who is right?

Night Train
04-21-2006, 06:53 PM

That's what I've said all along -- BPA is a luxury.

As for us, any team that has Bennie & Tim Anderson as starters has prime, grade-A, king-size jumbo needs.

I agree with Guard but that's Round 2. Tim Anderson improved dramatically towards the end of the year and will still only be part of a rotation.

You do not draft a rotation DT at #8 to stand on the sidelines for 30 % of the Defensive snaps. That's value ? That's silly.

1 gap DT's can be found into Round 3 in this draft. You do not reach in Round 1, where $$ is so critical.

BPA in Round 1.

clumping platelets
04-21-2006, 06:54 PM
That's the guys point, the Bills have many needs not just one to focus on....thus our 1st rd pick can be used on either line, LB, or secondary.

ICE74129
04-21-2006, 06:59 PM
That's the guys point, the Bills have many needs not just one to focus on....thus our 1st rd pick can be used on either line, LB, or secondary.

No we cant do BPA and we dont have a ton of needs. We have two glaring needs, DL, OL. You address lines and every thing behind them get better. As for as a rotation DT, Carolina signed TWO 'rotating' DT's and spent greatly to get them this offseason to go with a guy who is a great DT in this league.

You DO spend #8 to find a damn good DT that starts for your team. You do so for an OT as well.

BPA is a luxury for teams with little needs, not a team with clear cut needs on the DL and OL.

SquishDaFish
04-22-2006, 05:18 AM
Ummm ICE thats exactly the reason Clump posted the article. Because Clump agrees

ParanoidAndroid
04-22-2006, 05:51 AM
No we cant do BPA and we dont have a ton of needs. We have two glaring needs, DL, OL. You address lines and every thing behind them get better. As for as a rotation DT, Carolina signed TWO 'rotating' DT's and spent greatly to get them this offseason to go with a guy who is a great DT in this league.

You DO spend #8 to find a damn good DT that starts for your team. You do so for an OT as well.

BPA is a luxury for teams with little needs, not a team with clear cut needs on the DL and OL.

Maybe you should post this again. Maybe if you post it a thousand more times before draft day, Tom and Marv will read one of them and it will actually make a difference one way or the other.
(Do I need the "sarcasm" indicator here?)

G. Host
04-22-2006, 06:18 PM
I'd be glad if the Bills traded down twice getting 2 extra 2nds by doing so. When you are rebuilding you want your choice of bricks. Cornerstoes are great but when your current stock is thin, you need to get as many suppleis as possible.

feelthepain
04-22-2006, 08:30 PM
He understands what? I would rather stick with a guy that built a team so good that a rookie can step in and during his 2nd year win a superbowl.

We have clear cut needs, DL, OL. After that pick anything but WR and QB.

And on that guys article Gil Brandt a top former Personel guy that still works for the NFL just said not 10 min ago that he felt Arizona needs DL, not a first round QB. So who is right?

You're a Bill fan and you put DL ahead of Oline??? I hope it wasn't in order of priority. Since you'll not find a player as good or even close to Justice after the first rd, I hope you believe the Bills have no choice but to take Justice with the #8 overall. If you don't, then you don't understand the game.

Jan Reimers
04-23-2006, 08:58 AM
I've made this point about Vernon Davis several times. The foundation of your team does not start with a pass catching tight end.

ICE74129
04-23-2006, 11:10 AM
I'd be glad if the Bills traded down twice getting 2 extra 2nds by doing so. When you are rebuilding you want your choice of bricks. Cornerstoes are great but when your current stock is thin, you need to get as many suppleis as possible.

I think if we can trade down at least once, pick up another 2nd then we can find guys that will be starters for us by the end of the year in the first 3 rounds. LT, DT, LG etc

ICE74129
04-23-2006, 11:10 AM
You're a Bill fan and you put DL ahead of Oline??? I hope it wasn't in order of priority. Since you'll not find a player as good or even close to Justice after the first rd, I hope you believe the Bills have no choice but to take Justice with the #8 overall. If you don't, then you don't understand the game.

We can't stop the run. If we can't do that the offense won't get on the field long enough to suck.

DT and LT are my first two picks in this draft followed by LG.

Typ0
04-23-2006, 12:14 PM
If you are going to draft a player based on need and what the media says is a good player at that position what good is your scouting department? Don't be silly...if you are going to have your cap held hostage by high draft picks you MUST take the player your scouting department feels has the biggest potential for success.

Pinkerton Security
04-23-2006, 03:25 PM

How can you specifically say, Wintson Justice is worth THAT much more of a need than a defenseive tackle? As Ice said, we need to be able to stop the run. That was how our defense was the 2nd ranked D in the league for 2 straight years,and last year, it fell apart. We obviously do need help at tackle, but there is no way you can say that one need is way more important than another. they do have choices, like trading down, picking up Winston or Mcneil if they are there in the 2nd, and others. And if you dont see those options and think that Justice is the ONLY choice, then you sir do not "understand the game", as you put it.

lordofgun
04-23-2006, 05:03 PM
DL has just as big a bust-rate as QB.

BPA in round 1.

Turf
04-23-2006, 06:35 PM
I think we end up with Huff or Davis when all is said and done.