PDA

View Full Version : Penalties in the playoffs

BlackMetalNinja
04-21-2006, 06:59 PM
So far so good... I've been watching the Red Wings/Oilers game and the refs seem to be pretty consistent with what they've called all season. There was a lot of concern, especially amongst us Sabres fans, that perhaps they would revert to the old "let em hook and hold" days, but apparantly not. :up:

SabreEleven
04-21-2006, 08:52 PM
What channel are you watching that game on?

BlackMetalNinja
04-22-2006, 05:16 AM
It was on OLN last night.

SabreEleven
04-22-2006, 05:33 AM
Thought so.

Mr.Reality
04-22-2006, 04:32 PM
I thought it was like the regular season. . . until the overtime, when they seemed to let them play a little more--which is how it should be, IMO. I'm gonna be pissed if some big games get decided on ticky tack penalty power play goals.

BlackMetalNinja
04-22-2006, 04:51 PM
I didn't catch the OT because I was already in bed at that point, but I agree OT should get a little more leniancy.

pyrrhonist
04-22-2006, 06:07 PM
I just want consistency. It's utter crap that they started off calling it all, let the calls go slowly but surely (The past few months they called hardly squat), but then, Game 1 of the playoffs arrives, and skating by a guy is a penalty. :rolleyes:

I want to be sure that Buffalo's players don't get accosted and mugged nightly, but it appears nearly all physical play is worthy of a call. The Avs/Stars game and the Devs/Rangers games today were horrible. :down:

Mr.Reality
04-22-2006, 06:45 PM
I think they should scrap the "new" officiating standards anyway. They're ******ed. It's like a game of power play contests anymore. This is an experiment I hope to see scrapped as soon as the season is over. It's not exciting. It's stupid.