Earthquake Enyart
04-22-2006, 10:03 AM
There are 5 primo non QB's that everyone talks about (in no order):

Bush
Williams
Davis
Dbrick
Hawk

Scenario 1: All 3 QB's taken ahead of us: If the 3 big QB's are taken ahead of us, we get one of the 5. The only thing Marv said yesterday that I believe was that if Davis was the one to fall to us, we'd be looking to trade out. We would gladly take any of the other 4.

Scenario 2a: 1 or 2 of big QB's still there: If all 3 QB's were not taken, I would not be shocked if the Bills took one. There is one Jauron quote that I can't find where he said that every day they wrestle with the QB situation. You know what they say..... if you have a QB controversy, that means that you don't have one.

Scenario 2b: 1 or 2 of big QB's still there, but not the right one: If the wrong QB were there, then we are looking at Huff, Ngata, and Bunkley. Personally, I think the DL talk is BS. Unless you have a stud sure thing (Mario Williams or Dbrick), you can't take linemen this high without really tangling up your cap. A DB would be perfect here, so my money would be on Huff.

There. So stop with all the other nonsense. This is what is going to happen.

X-Era
04-22-2006, 10:08 AM
There are 5 primo non QB's that everyone talks about (in no order):

Bush
Williams
Davis
Dbrick
Huff

Scenario 1: All 3 QB's taken ahead of us: If the 3 big QB's are taken ahead of us, we get one of the 5. The only thing Marv said yesterday that I believe was that if Davis was the one to fall to us, we'd be looking to trade out. We would gladly take any of the other 4.

Scenario 2a: 1 or 2 of big QB's still there: If all 3 QB's were not taken, I would not be shocked if the Bills took one. There is one Jauron quote that I can't find where he said that every day they wrestle with the QB situation. You know what they say..... if you have a QB controversy, that means that you don't have one.

Scenario 2b: 1 or 2 of big QB's still there, but not the right one: If the wrong QB were there, then we are looking at Huff, Ngata, and Bunkley. Personally, I think the DL talk is BS. Unless you have a stud sure thing (Mario willimas or Dbrick), you can't take linemen this high without really tangling up your cap. A DB would be perfect here, so my money would be on Huff.

There. So stop with all the other nonsense. This is what is going to happen.

Your statement on Davis is wrong. He stated that if Davis fell to 8, they would spend all 15 minutes deciding on him because he is THAT good and players like that dont come along often. There was NO talk of trading down when he spoke of Davis.

Earthquake Enyart
04-22-2006, 10:21 AM
Wrong.

We don't need a TE. He would take all 15 minutes to get the best deal.

Please Gimme VD
04-22-2006, 10:31 AM
Vernon Davis is not just a TE, so dont make it sound like he is.

X-Era
04-22-2006, 10:31 AM
Wrong.

We don't need a TE. He would take all 15 minutes to get the best deal.

Huh, maybe I read this wrong:

If Vernon Davis slips to 8, would he be hard for you to pass up?
TM: "It would be hard to pass up. He's a talented guy. That's one of those decisions where we'd take the whole 15 minutes. He's a very talented guy that you don't get that often. We have some players (at tight end) now and we're in better shape than we were."

Earthquake Enyart
04-22-2006, 11:18 AM
Harvard double talk to fool guys like you.

I wish Thurm were here to discuss this intelligently. :ill:

Dozerdog
04-22-2006, 11:22 AM
Your statement on Davis is wrong. He stated that if Davis fell to 8, they would spend all 15 minutes deciding on him because he is THAT good and players like that dont come along often. There was NO talk of trading down when he spoke of Davis.If they were that sold on Davis- they wouldn't use the 15 minutes.

One minute and it would be over.

EE's got a great read on this. It's one of the four or a trade down.

DBrown77
04-22-2006, 11:22 AM
pretty sure you missed hawk in there too

Earthquake Enyart
04-22-2006, 11:27 AM
Scenario 1. :rolleyes:

OpIv37
04-22-2006, 11:28 AM
pretty sure you missed hawk in there too

Williams
Davis
Dbrick
Huff
and Hawk.

Look, Leinart and Bush are gone before us- that's an absolute guarantee. Now, if Young, and/or Cutler, gets picked before #8, at least of these guys will still be available and I can't see the Bills passing on any of them.

If we pick Young or Cutler, I'm on the next plane to NYC to go punch Marv in the face.

Crisis
04-22-2006, 12:31 PM
Scenario 2B is the best IMO, unless somehow one of Brick or Williamsn drops to us Huff is our best option.

The only way I want us taking a look at Ngata or Bunkley is if we trade down a couple slots...I think they're both a reach at 8.

I'd also like to add that I've been pimping off Huff since the offseason started.

DraftBoy
04-22-2006, 12:37 PM
well said EE! Complete agreement! If we cant find a trade down in 2B, I think the pick becomes Bunkley as the emergency plan.

Throne Logic
04-22-2006, 12:57 PM
Nice breakdown, EE.

Seems as though Buffalo finds themselves in a win-win spot at #8. Really sets up nicely for a trade down to the middle teens + some another day-1 pick.

Earthquake Enyart
04-22-2006, 01:00 PM
If we were at 7 we'd have it made. Stupid, meaningless win over the Bengals. :mad:

The_Philster
04-22-2006, 01:03 PM
If they were that sold on Davis- they wouldn't use the 15 minutes.

One minute and it would be over.

EE's got a great read on this. It's one of the four or a trade down.
I don't think anyone's ever made a pick in the 1st round that quickly. In 1997, everyone knew the pick would be Antowain Smith...I was watching the draft at home and was pacing nervously everytime someone who needed RB help came on the clock. When we finally came up, I paced even more because they were waiting so long to make the pick.

Meathead
04-22-2006, 01:50 PM
If we pick Young or Cutler, I'm on the next plane to NYC to go punch Marv in the face.
i'll go with you

... and video marv giving you an ass whoopin

Meathead
04-22-2006, 01:52 PM
i seriously doubt davis will be there at 8 but if he is i hope marv takes him

Pinkerton Security
04-22-2006, 02:00 PM
Davis IS just a TE, he just happens to be a freak of nature that could be a WR. Look at Antonio Gates and how well Brees did with him. A great TE, like what Davis may be, is a great outlet/target for a young Qb, or an old Qb, whichever starts. As much as I dont think we should draft a TE, I agree that he would be hard to pass on and would help us out.

casdhf
04-22-2006, 02:05 PM
Easy ... there are 7 players that have seperated themselves from the pack. We need one team to reach and we get out stud. Either draft him or deal him to the highest bidder.

Jan Reimers
04-22-2006, 02:06 PM
What else is he, other than a luxury we can ill-afford, given our critical problems on D and the O line?

dolphinssuck
04-22-2006, 02:13 PM
Ive heard something about Houston maybe taking Mario Williams from State is this true or just rumors?

The_Philster
04-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Everything is rumors until Saturday afternoon

Mr. Miyagi
04-22-2006, 02:30 PM
I agree with 1 and 2b. No way we're taking a QB. No freaking way.

Any one of the Huff/Brick/Hawk/Williams would please me just fine. Otherwise Ngata I'm down with, Bunkley no so much.

OpIv37
04-22-2006, 02:39 PM
i'll go with you

... and video marv giving you an ass whoopin
Marv's 80-something- I'm pretty sure he wouldn't whoop my ass. However, there are 53 pro football players backing him up and any one of them could knock me the **** out.