PDA

View Full Version : In Need of VD

Please Gimme VD
04-22-2006, 10:24 AM
(Artist Formerly known as Patmoran2006)

Obviously, the screename is in reference to my desire for the Bills to land Vernon Davis...

I spoke with Rob Rang from nfldraftscout.com and he said that SF really holds the key to Vernon Davis lasting until #8. They have two first-rounders which now means they can go one of two ways.

1- Take the BPA at Six and a DB or LB at 22. If this happens Davis is gone. He's GOING to be the BPA available at six.

2- They can really get after having a better defense by using both picks on defense in round one. Realistically, they can improve the front seven by drafting both Ngata AND Bobby Carpenter/Manny Lawson in round one. Or they could even take Huff at six, which could be their more modern version of Ronnie Lott.

I really think that if Davis slips by SF at six he's going to be there at 8. I'm sure the Raiders will consider him strongly at seven, but at the end I think they take a QB (either Cutler or Young) or possibly Huff.

So while there is no hope, IMO of Brick falling to Buffao at 8 (0%), I think Davis has at least a 40% of falling to 8.

If he's gone (Davis) then it's definitely going to be Bunkley or Ngata. If that's the case, I hope they move down 2-3 spots to get one of them and pick up another 1st day pick.

Lastly, if Davis is gone, I hope we got DT with our first pick, safety second pick and guard third... the quickest way to an improvement is by having a better defense. I'd feel alot better with a Pat Watkins or Daniel BUllocks in our secondary than Matt Bowens starting or ESPECIALLY Coy Wire (who IMO isnt going to make this team come September).

I'd take Bunkley or Ngata now before Huff. It's not that I dont like Huff, I do.. But the more I've studied the safeties coming out this year, the more I like the guys that are rated below him.

Nighthawk
04-22-2006, 10:42 AM
I'm thinking that "Please Gimme VD" is really Pat...anyone else getting that feeling?

lordofgun
04-22-2006, 10:42 AM
I doubt it.

OpIv37
04-22-2006, 10:43 AM
If you want VD, go to the Twilight Zone and try to hook up with footballhottie.

X-Era
04-22-2006, 10:43 AM
(Artist Formerly known as Patmoran2006)

Obviously, the screename is in reference to my desire for the Bills to land Vernon Davis...

I spoke with Rob Rang from nfldraftscout.com and he said that SF really holds the key to Vernon Davis lasting until #8. They have two first-rounders which now means they can go one of two ways.

1- Take the BPA at Six and a DB or LB at 22. If this happens Davis is gone. He's GOING to be the BPA available at six.

2- They can really get after having a better defense by using both picks on defense in round one. Realistically, they can improve the front seven by drafting both Ngata AND Bobby Carpenter/Manny Lawson in round one. Or they could even take Huff at six, which could be their more modern version of Ronnie Lott.

I really think that if Davis slips by SF at six he's going to be there at 8. I'm sure the Raiders will consider him strongly at seven, but at the end I think they take a QB (either Cutler or Young) or possibly Huff.

So while there is no hope, IMO of Brick falling to Buffao at 8 (0%), I think Davis has at least a 40% of falling to 8.

If he's gone (Davis) then it's definitely going to be Bunkley or Ngata. If that's the case, I hope they move down 2-3 spots to get one of them and pick up another 1st day pick.

Lastly, if Davis is gone, I hope we got DT with our first pick, safety second pick and guard third... the quickest way to an improvement is by having a better defense. I'd feel alot better with a Pat Watkins or Daniel BUllocks in our secondary than Matt Bowens starting or ESPECIALLY Coy Wire (who IMO isnt going to make this team come September).

I'd take Bunkley or Ngata now before Huff. It's not that I dont like Huff, I do.. But the more I've studied the safeties coming out this year, the more I like the guys that are rated below him.

Heres a ProFootball weekly mock from yesterday:

Teams counting on Jets to make a bad decision

By Nolan Nawrocki
April 21, 2006

The latest development to shake up the top 10 is the Jets' perceived need for a quarterback, which will make a lot of teams in the top 10 happy as more good players slide down a slot, beginning with D'Brickashaw Ferguson. A lot of teams are expecting the Jets to succumb to the heavy media scrutiny in New York and cave in to the pressure of taking the popular pick instead of the right pick for the franchise. If the Jets screw it up and take an average-armed QB with average mobility, like Matt Leinart, he will not finish the season healthy. We trust that Mike Tannenbaum and Eric Mangini will know better and do what's best for the team.

Editor’s note: Juniors are denoted by an asterisk (*).

1. Houston Texans — RB Reggie Bush, USC*
Final decision has not been made between Bush and Mario Williams. Bush has the lead.

2. New Orleans Saints — DE Mario Williams, North Carolina State*
A.J. Hawk fills the biggest need if the Saints could move down a few slots. Otherwise, it's a no-brainer if they are unable to move down.

3. Tennessee Titans — QB Vince Young, Texas*
Steve McNair’s likely departure and the franchise's urgency to win now could weigh in this decision. The fact that Titans offensive coordinator Norm Chow has a previous relationship with Leinart by no means makes Leinart's selection the right move for the franchise.

4. New York Jets — QB Jay Cutler, Vanderbilt
Chad Pennington’s shoulder is a concern. Leinart is not the answer, and for the sake of the Jets' future, we hope the new regime can figure it out.

5. Green Bay Packers — OT D’Brickashaw Ferguson, Virginia
Ferguson allows the Pack to kick one of their tackles inside and bolster a unit that was awful a year ago.

6. San Francisco 49ers — LB A.J. Hawk, Ohio State
Niners’ front office does cartwheels if two quarterbacks go in the top five and they can address and ugly LB situation after losing Julian Peterson.

7. Oakland Raiders — DB Michael Huff, Texas
Instantly upgrades the secondary and gives the Raiders’ defense a playmaker they sorely need.

8. Buffalo Bills — TE Vernon Davis, Maryland*
Now that the Bills have signed TE Robert Royal and with Kevin Everett returning, a win-first mentality could create pressure to draft the three-technique defensive tackle so key to the new defense. Don't rule out Brodrick Bunkley here, but Davis gives Steve Fairchild great flexibility and could make the team's unproven cast of quarterbacks look good.
9. Detroit Lions — DT Brodrick Bunkley, Florida State
Defensive line needs to be addressed, and explosive talents like Bunkley, who can play anywhere on the defensive line, are difficult to find.

10. Arizona Cardinals — OLB Ernie Sims, Florida State*
Orlando Huff did not get the job done last year. Sims is an assassin who could spark the Cardinals’ defense.

11. St. Louis Rams — QB Matt Leinart, USC
Marc Bulger was lost each of the last two seasons with multiple shoulder injuries. Leinart has had some injuries but not missed any time. He will be too difficult to pass.

12. Cleveland Browns — NT Haloti Ngata, Oregon*
Finding an anchor for a 3-4 front is not easy. Don't rule out the possibility of the Ravens leapfrogging the Browns to nab Ngata.

13. Baltimore Ravens — DB Jason Allen, Tennessee
With holes at safety and the No. 3 corner role, Allen’s versatility improves his value.

14. Philadelphia Eagles — OT Winston Justice, USC*
Getting better in the trenches is key to keeping Donovan McNabb healthy.

15. Denver Broncos — WR Chad Jackson, Florida*
Ideal West Coast receiver will be groomed to replace Rod Smith and add offensive firepower to a team that is close to reaching the big game.

16. Miami Dolphins — CB-S Jimmy Williams, Virginia Tech
Nick Saban loves big cornerbacks and is confident enough to think he could correct Williams’ inconsistencies and control his volatile personality.

17. Minnesota Vikings — OLB Chad Greenway, Iowa
Very likely to package some picks and move up for a quarterback, but with top three gone here, Greenway best fits the bill.

18. Dallas Cowboys — OLB Manny Lawson, North Carolina State
Al Singleton is coming off injury. Lawson’s edge speed will take a lot of pressure off the secondary and lessen the need for a rangy safety, especially with more available in the next round.

19. San Diego Chargers — WR Santonio Holmes, Ohio State*
The receiving corps is not getting any younger, and with Philip Rivers finally getting his shot, the Chargers would like to support him.

20. Kansas City Chiefs — CB Antonio Cromartie, Florida State*
Herm Edwards loves big cornerbacks, such as he once was, and has the confidence to take a chance on a talent that some are calling “special.”

21. New England Patriots — OLB Kamerion Wimbley, Florida State
A 3-4 rush linebacker who brings more value for the Patriots’ 3-4 scheme.

22. San Francisco — CB Johnathan Joseph, South Carolina*
Has tremendous physical ability and could make an immediate impact and develop with some fine coaching.

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers — CB Tye Hill, Clemson
The Bucs highly desire a physical corner who can run and cover Panthers WR Steve Smith. Hill could contribute immediately in No. 3 CB role.

24. Cincinnati Bengals — C Nick Mangold, Ohio State
With four offensive linemen unsigned entering their contract years, the Bengals need to infuse their line with some youth.

25. New York Giants — LB Bobby Carpenter, Ohio State
Tom Coughlin coached his father and knows he can keep Carpenter in check.

26. Chicago Bears — CB Kelly Jennings, Miami (Fla.)
Outstanding ball skills, intelligence and ability to contribute immediately make it possible for Bears to overlook some bulk/injury concerns.

27. Jacksonville Jaguars — OLB DeMeco Ryans, Alabama
Consistency is highly desired by Jack Del Rio, and the loss of Akin Ayodele created a void.

28. Carolina Panthers — RB Laurence Maroney, Minnesota*
With DeShaun Foster an injury away from I.R., insurance is needed in the backfield.

29. New York Jets — OT Eric Winston, Miami (Fla.)
Protecting their first-round investment (see pick No. 4) is critical, and if the Jets do not land D'Brickashaw Ferguson with their earlier pick, they need to address the position here. Anthony Clement is not a solution.

30. Indianapolis Colts — RB DeAngelo Williams, Memphis
A linebacker could be more intriguing, and the possibility of trading down is even more likely, but the RB position needs to be addressed.

31. Seattle Seahawks — DE Darryl Tapp, Virginia Tech
A classic Tim Ruskell pick — hardworking, high-effort, high-motor player.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers — S Daniel Bullucks, Nebraska
The Steelers have a big need to fill at safety after losing Chris Hope, and Bullucks brings the size, striking ability, speed and special-teams contributions to justify coming off at a pick that many teams regard as the start of the second round.

Im tellin ya, Davis falling to 8 may look unlikely but its FAR from being impossible!

Please Gimme VD
04-22-2006, 10:48 AM
I'm thinking that "Please Gimme VD" is really Pat...anyone else getting that feeling?
Do yathink the VERY first line of the post might give it away that I'm Pat.

"Artist formerly known as Patmoran2006" ?

LOL, of course it's me.. I said it in the VERY first sentence..

lordofgun
04-22-2006, 10:49 AM
Do think the VERY first line of the post might give it away that I'm Pat.

I still don't believe it.

Nighthawk
04-22-2006, 10:50 AM
Do think the VERY first line of the post might give it away that I'm Pat.

Oops, my bad! Sorry... :sorry:

Please Gimme VD
04-22-2006, 10:52 AM
I still don't believe it.
haha.. Want me to start a fight with Ice to prove its me?!?

Meathead
04-22-2006, 01:57 PM
good enough for me

Mr. Miyagi
04-22-2006, 02:17 PM
Heres a ProFootball weekly mock from yesterday:

11. St. Louis Rams — QB Matt Leinart, USC
Marc Bulger was lost each of the last two seasons with multiple shoulder injuries. Leinart has had some injuries but not missed any time. He will be too difficult to pass.
:rofl: Leinart slides to St. Louis, slips right pass Arizona??

I don't think so.

dolphan117
04-22-2006, 05:26 PM
Talk about a glutton for punishment.......

LtFinFan66
04-22-2006, 05:42 PM
haha.. Want me to start a fight with Ice to prove its me?!?LOG would know if it was you!! Trust me!

G. Host
04-22-2006, 06:01 PM
haha.. Want me to start a fight with Ice to prove its me?!?
Starting a fight with someone in bed after operation? Pat was as "fair and balanced" as Fox News. Doesn't sound like Pat.

ICE74129
04-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Starting a fight with someone in bed after operation? Pat was as "fair and balanced" as Fox News. Doesn't sound like Pat.

That's OK G I am starting to feel better. If it's pat he is in clear violation of what the mods have done to seperate us and it should = Perminate banning. If it some other idiot, We just put her....errr him...err 'it' on ignore and move on