X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Please Gimme VD
    • Apr 2006

How cocky is Justice?

Winston Justice to ESPN.com's Michael Smith.

"I think I'm the best tackle in the nation," Justice said matter-of-factly during a phone interview over the weekend. "If I don't prove it in the draft, I'll prove it in the NFL. I'm bigger, stronger, and faster than [Ferguson] is. I believe I'm a better prospect because I have more upside. I believe I proved I'm a better athlete than he is on my pro day. I think I'll be the better football player in the NFL."

That's a lot of talk to back-up. I HATE his attitude.
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: How cocky is Justice?

I'm starting to like him more and more.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Is anyone else having flashbacks to McGahee's "best back in the league" comments?

This is bulletin board fodder for other teams and Justice better STFU if he wants to get anywhere in the NFL.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Please Gimme VD
        • Apr 2006

He's the only player out of all the discussion going on with our first pick, that I'd be EXTREMELY pissed off if we took.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Please Gimme VD
          He's the only player out of all the discussion going on with our first pick, that I'd be EXTREMELY pissed off if we took.
          I'd be livid if we took Cutler or Young.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Please Gimme VD
            Winston Justice to ESPN.com's Michael Smith.

"I think I'm the best tackle in the nation," Justice said matter-of-factly during a phone interview over the weekend. "If I don't prove it in the draft, I'll prove it in the NFL. I'm bigger, stronger, and faster than [Ferguson] is. I believe I'm a better prospect because I have more upside. I believe I proved I'm a better athlete than he is on my pro day. I think I'll be the better football player in the NFL."
            Good. That means he's open to coaching and willing to work.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Bulldog
              Top Dog
              • Jan 2003

The guy is trying to improve his draft status. What the hell would you expect him to say? Some of you people read into these things way too much.
              I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                I'd be livid if we took Cutler or Young.
                Young is my 1st choice

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                  Young is my 1st choice
                  Why?

He's just as unproven as JP (I would argue moreso). He has 0 NFL experience (as does any drafted QB).

He has an odd throwing motion.

He played in a simple offense.

He's a "run first" mobile QB, and that prototype has had limited success in the NFL.

Even if he turns out to be a good NFL QB, he will NOT be an immediate contributor, whereas Hawk, Ngata, Davis, Huff, Ferguson, even Justice- can step in and help this team THIS YEAR.

The last thing we need is another project QB when we already have Losman, Nall, Woodbury and that other NFLE guy. The guy's basically JP minus 2 years of NFL development.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Why?

He's just as unproven as JP (I would argue moreso). He has 0 NFL experience (as does any drafted QB).

He has an odd throwing motion.

He played in a simple offense.

He's a "run first" mobile QB, and that prototype has had limited success in the NFL.

Even if he turns out to be a good NFL QB, he will NOT be an immediate contributor, whereas Hawk, Ngata, Davis, Huff, Ferguson, even Justice- can step in and help this team THIS YEAR.

The last thing we need is another project QB when we already have Losman, Nall, Woodbury and that other NFLE guy. The guy's basically JP minus 2 years of NFL development.
                    Ignore him.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

I like cocky in athletes, as long as they can back it up AND don't fall all the way into the megalomaniacal TO mode.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        I like cocky in athletes, as long as they can back it up AND don't fall all the way into the megalomaniacal TO mode.
                        Agreed what is he supposed to say 'I suck and am at best the #2 guy at OT in the draft'?

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                          • Jun 2005

I love that attitude. I say trade down a few spots and take him.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            agreed. humble guys are good for PR, however you gotta have a swagger to be the best. i played sports all my life, including lacrosse at a division 1 college, everytime i went up against someone i had it in my mind that this person doesnt even deserve to be on the same field as me. who the hell did he think he was to try to take me on. i still had tremendous respect for everyone i played against before and after games, however during the game i had it in my mind that nobody could stop me. call it cocky or whatever you will, but i think its necessary to have an attitude. just like you said though, you have to be able to back it up, and you can never let it get to the point where you think your beyond your own team and beyond the game in general.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
                              agreed. humble guys are good for PR, however you gotta have a swagger to be the best. i played sports all my life, including lacrosse at a division 1 college, everytime i went up against someone i had it in my mind that this person doesnt even deserve to be on the same field as me. who the hell did he think he was to try to take me on. i still had tremendous respect for everyone i played against before and after games, however during the game i had it in my mind that nobody could stop me. call it cocky or whatever you will, but i think its necessary to have an attitude. just like you said though, you have to be able to back it up, and you can never let it get to the point where you think your beyond your own team and beyond the game in general.
                              Barry Sanders, Ladanian Tomlinson, Joe Montana... yep, you gotta have that swagger and arrogant attitude to be the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X