PDA

View Full Version : Arrington signs.. with Giants

patmoran2006
04-22-2006, 12:46 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5528526

Good.. GLAD as hell he didnt sign with Miami..

DraftBoy
04-22-2006, 12:50 PM
7yrs-49million, is a little high for him, almost wished he did sign with miami.

Pinkerton Security
04-22-2006, 01:41 PM
7yrs-49million, is a little high for him, almost wished he did sign with miami.

Agreed, thats a heck of a lot of money for a headcase who got benched last year. However, he is a physical marvel with loads of athletic ability. Still, i wouldnt want him on my team. I never realized how big of a deal players with off-the field problems were until I really looked at it. Pacman didnt go higher in the draft last year because of such issues,and now hes in the news seemingly every week for altercations. if he had signed with miami, who knows what him and culpepper would have stirred up.

dplus47
04-22-2006, 02:13 PM
Agreed, thats a heck of a lot of money for a headcase who got benched last year. However, he is a physical marvel with loads of athletic ability. Still, i wouldnt want him on my team. I never realized how big of a deal players with off-the field problems were until I really looked at it. Pacman didnt go higher in the draft last year because of such issues,and now hes in the news seemingly every week for altercations. if he had signed with miami, who knows what him and culpepper would have stirred up.
i don't necessarily think he's a headcase. i definitely don't see the pacman connection: off the field, lavar is very involved in helping the community. pacman is involved in some shadiness. i'm not sure what the deal was in washington as far as his benching, but i'm looking for arrington to have a monster year in new york. and yeah, i'm a dolphins fan who doesn't suddenly think arrington sucks now that he's with another team. i was hoping they would get arrington so they could draft a WR in round 1. i think OLB is now clearly a more pressing need.

Pinkerton Security
04-22-2006, 04:59 PM
ya, arrington should have a monster year. his agent said he's stoked to be playing with Umenyiora and Strahan, as would I, and their presence is only going to be a positive factor. plus Coughlin is a hard-a$$ and will keep him in line. as for the pacman thing, i was just trying to say that people with shady histories in some areas are a liablity. I may just be jaded bc I enjoy having Spikes and Fletcher, but I wouldnt want Arrington. Still, hes a great player and the G-men should love him.

RedEyE
04-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Arrington is an average LB IMO. They spent way too much. The guy can tackle, but his ability to cover and his rush speed both need improvement.

Billsrock4life
04-22-2006, 05:42 PM
just saw it on ESPN, i guess signing with the giants is better than the dolphins but now i have 2 listen to all the giants fans around me say what a great linebacker he is

LifetimeBillsFan
04-23-2006, 12:32 AM
With Arrington joining Pierce and Short, the Giants can now afford to look at other positions, including DT with their first round pick. This could hurt the Bills if they pass on a DT with their first rounder.

With the addition of Madison, Demps and Arrington, the Giants have already done a decent job of retooling their defense. They need to add a DT and probably a CB and, later in the draft, a young LB and they will have a pretty solid D if they can stay healthy.