PDA

View Full Version : Empire Sports Network returning?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-22-2006, 03:38 PM
I was updating the channels on my DIGA player it has TV Guide and I have TW cable and I had to get the Ch #'s from TW cable and while going through the ch #'s 1 by 1 I stumble on to this ch 229 Empire Sports Network now Empire has been :offair: for 1 yr. now why would TW have it on thier channel listings :question: it only means one thing Empire Sports Newtwork is comming back!
http://www.timewarnercable.com/CustomerService/CLU/TWCCLUs.ashx?ChannelFilter=All&CLUID=477&Zip=14001&Printable=True

Jan Reimers
04-23-2006, 09:10 AM
I would love to see it. As a former WNYer now living in North Carolina, I used to watch Empire all the time to keep up on Buffalo area sports. And there are plenty of high school, college and professional sports in Western and Central New York to justify a separate channel.

Dozerdog
04-23-2006, 09:14 AM
I think we would have heard about it by now

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-23-2006, 01:25 PM
I think we would have heard about it by now

I think TW is waiting for the Adephia bankruptcy deal to finally get done which should be soon so they can take over. Even if Empire does come back it won't be the same as the old Empire Sports Network FanTV, Hockey Hotline etc. plus all the personalities that worked for Empire have moved on Howard Simon is now on WGR, Jim Brinson does the post-game shows on 97 rock after the BILLS games and Mike Robitaille is doing the shoot-out the SABRES post-game show which I hate and I hate the SABRES being on MSG.

whkfc
04-23-2006, 01:28 PM
There was something in yesterdays Buffalo News about Empire possibly returning. They also said that WNGS is negotiating with OLN to show 2 round 2 sabres games if the Sabres make it. Adelphia is also trying to get round 2 games on a free preview channel. WNGS will also be having a Fan TV type program hosted by John Murphy.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-23-2006, 02:31 PM
There was something in yesterdays Buffalo News about Empire possibly returning. They also said that WNGS is negotiating with OLN to show 2 round 2 sabres games if the Sabres make it. Adelphia is also trying to get round 2 games on a free preview channel. WNGS will also be having a Fan TV type program hosted by John Murphy.
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060422/2009193.asp