PDA

View Full Version : Golden Swords and Goatheads

YardRat
04-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Pick the three best players or plays (Golden Swords) and the three worst (Goatheads) from tonights game.

My Golden Swords...

1. Campbell...best Sabres playoff hit...Ever.
2. Briere...GWG in 2OT.
3. Greier...He was in the Flyer's face all night long.

Goatheads...

1. Lydman...very bad game game...two penalties and a terrible giveaway in OT that could have cost the Sabres the game.
2. Ruff...Sat the Gausted line too much in the third and the beginning of first OT. That line has been making big plays all season, why cut back to three when the game is tight in the playoffs?
3. The Flyers, in general...Broadstreet Bullies ain't gonna cut it against this team, this year, fella's.

Meathead
04-22-2006, 10:51 PM
how can you not have that goalie as a sword

YardRat
04-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Make him one of yours. I thought of including him, but didn't want to leave out any of the three I mentioned.

Dr. Lecter
04-22-2006, 10:58 PM
Sword's

1. Grier - He pushed buttons tonight
2. Briere - Damn, he is there when needed
3.Esche -Without him, the Flydrs get demolished.

Bill Brasky
04-22-2006, 11:02 PM
3 Best:

1. Campbell for the hit and the good defensive play
2. Briere for his persistance - 14 SOG and the game winner!!!
3. Miller. The 2 goals he gave up weren't his fault, and he made some clutch saves down the stretch.

Honorable metion:
12th Man (Crowd was nuts and even the OLN guys were commenting on it),
Greire (He wasn't taking anybody's s hit),
Tallinder (that save in the 1st minute changed the game)
McKee (played good but took a couple bad penalties)

3 Worst:

1. Lydman. Terrible plays. Took a couple bad penalties, one of which resulted in the tie in the 3rd.
2. Forsberg. Played like garbage on the offensive end, had several good looks and failed to get the puck in the net.
3. Richards. He was shut down by our Center's

pyrrhonist
04-22-2006, 11:09 PM
3 Stars:
1) Daniel Briere--- Record-breaking amount of SOGs, and the GWG goal, to boot. But putting him as the #1 star is redundant.....when isn't he Buffalo's #1 star?
2) Robert Esche--- Take him out of tonight's game, and this game is as big a blowout as the last time Buffalo & Philly played in the playoffs. Esche was playing like Ron Hextall tonight.
3) Mike Grier--- As great as Campbell's hit was, Grier was one of the best Sabres on the ice tonight. I am usually very critical of Mike, but he has played his heart out the past few weeks.

3 Jobbers:
1) Toni Lydman: It's like he was paid to help make Buffalo lose. Sweet Xmas, Toni, this is Buffalo's first playoff game in years---Help us enjoy it! :mad:
2) The Refs: Come on, guys! Let's see some consistency. I know that Buffalo got the larger share of the calls, but you guys missed quite a few calls. The Gauthier stick-to-the-head, and the too many men. Let's get consistent!
3) OLN: 'Nuff said

PUCKER
04-22-2006, 11:25 PM
3 Best:

Campbell - WHAT A HIT!!!
Briere - What more can you say?
Miller - Came up with some big saves in the end

3 Worst:
Lydman - WTF is with this guy??? :shakeno:
Refs - A lot of non-calls tonight.
Hitchcock - Whining fat@ss brat