PDA

View Full Version : which channel will you watch the draft?

billsburgh
04-23-2006, 12:22 AM
since both espn and nfl network will be airing the draft live next week, which channel will everyone watch it on. Me, I think I'll give the nfl network a try. I'm tired of Mel Kiper.

evol4276
04-23-2006, 12:32 AM
nfl.. too many guys on espn that i can't stand

clumping platelets
04-23-2006, 12:32 AM
Whatever channel is available at the draft party

Scumbag College
04-23-2006, 12:37 AM
Mike Mayock on the NFL Network is much more informative with the bigger name guys, but Kiper knows the more obscure ones. So, maybe try NFL Network on Day 1, and ESPN on Day 2.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-23-2006, 12:37 AM
I hate Kiper, but have to watch on ESPN because my cable company doesn't carry the NFL network yet. :sad:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-23-2006, 12:47 AM
http://www.gcsaa.org/news/images/espn_logo.jpg Gotta watch Chris Berman TW cable doesn't get NFL Network

FlyingDutchman
04-23-2006, 01:02 AM
Spice

billsburgh
04-23-2006, 01:28 AM
http://www.gcsaa.org/news/images/espn_logo.jpg Gotta watch Chris Berman TW cable doesn't get NFL Network
time warner:negrep:

billsburgh
04-23-2006, 01:30 AM
Whatever channel is available at the draft party
I wanted to come up for the draft party, but my graduation is next weekend.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-23-2006, 01:34 AM
time warner:negrep:

Yeah, well TW and Comcast will be the only two cable companies in WNY when the Adelphia bankruptcy deal finally gets done and TW & Comcast take over 1/2 of WNY will be TW & 1/2 Comcast

billsburgh
04-23-2006, 01:37 AM
Yeah, well TW and Comcast will be the only two cable companies in WNY when the Adelphia bankruptcy deal finally gets done and TW & Comcast take over 1/2 of WNY will be TW & 1/2 Comcast
DIRECTV

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-23-2006, 01:54 AM
DIRECTV

Can't afford it got a :baby: boy Alex 2 yrs. old to provide for and another two on the way. Twins Tommy like on the rugrats on Nickelodeon & Cody like on The Suite Life of Zack and Cody on the Disney Channel.

billsburgh
04-23-2006, 02:23 AM
Can't afford it got a :baby: boy Alex 2 yrs. old to provide for and another two on the way. Twins Tommy like on the rugrats on Nickelodeon & Cody like on The Suite Life of Zack and Cody on the Disney Channel.
I used to have Adelphia and switched to DTV becuase it was cheaper. Plus, it seems like DTV has more kids channels than my cable did. I have 3 kids with another on the way. Good luck with the twins. I'm sure it wil be alot of work, but will be worth it.

The_Philster
04-23-2006, 05:12 AM
Actually, DirecTV is usually cheaper than cable. I've got 2 receivers with the basic Total Choice package and it costs me $49.98 a month

SquishDaFish
04-23-2006, 05:19 AM
Direct Tv is cheaper then cable.

Historian
04-23-2006, 08:09 AM
The alley is sure to have it on ESPN-HD.

Day two will be at home on ESPN2-HD

Dozerdog
04-23-2006, 08:52 AM
Both!!!!

It's a new technology called "picture in Picture". Apparently, you can drag a second TV into the room and put it on top of your other TV.

What will those crazy Japanese people think up next?

Tatonka
04-23-2006, 09:22 AM
i have 3 tvs in my bar, and i am having people over.. so i will say both.. but more than likely, i will end up running around half the time catering to others.

Dozerdog
04-23-2006, 09:24 AM
i have 3 tvs in my bar, and i am having people over.. so i will say both.. but more than likely, i will end up running around half the time catering to others.
A couple copies of the Billszone draft guide lying around will make you the perfect host!!!!

Sportsuser101
04-23-2006, 09:25 AM
Gotta watch Boomer.

mysticsoto
04-23-2006, 09:32 AM
Definitely NFLN. I've liked the pre-draft specials there much more than the ESPN ones!!!

SquishDaFish
04-23-2006, 11:33 AM
Ill be watching both

That Guy
04-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Mike Mayock has a lisp that makes me giggle.

So I'm gonna go with ESPN so I can stay focused.

hydro014
04-23-2006, 02:31 PM
ESPN because its in HD. And i'll keep Sirius radio on in the background.

Michael82
04-23-2006, 03:30 PM
Gotta watch Boomer.
Exactly! I can't wait to hear what his Taxi driver thinks will happen this year. :rofl:

tat2dmike77
04-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Neither i have better things to do with my weekend then sit around and watch a draft. I will more then likely fire up the grill drink some beer and sit outside and throw my empty beer bottles at the neighborhood kids.

I'll check espn.com every 2 or 3 hours to check the picks. But hell the way it goes after 3 hours they might be to the bills pick in the first round.

SquishDaFish
04-23-2006, 04:02 PM
Oh damn forgot that one hydro lol. I guess Ill be watching both channels and have sirius on. The only thing that would make it all better is having EMPIRE but oh well.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-23-2006, 04:20 PM
oh shoot I was just thinking what time will the BILLS draft in the first round be it better not be around 2:00 or @ 2 because that's when the SABRES are playing gm 5 if it's necessary let's hope it's not necessary. The NHL is so stupid sometimes, they know that the NFL is holding the draft and people would want to watch the draft so why schedule thier games in the middle of the afternoon. Dumb!

ublinkwescore
04-23-2006, 04:40 PM
I'll be flipping back and forth between the two.

The_Philster
04-23-2006, 05:53 PM
oh shoot I was just thinking what time will the BILLS draft in the first round be it better not be around 2:00 or @ 2 because that's when the SABRES are playing gm 5 if it's necessary let's hope it's not necessary. The NHL is so stupid sometimes, they know that the NFL is holding the draft and people would want to watch the draft so why schedule thier games in the middle of the afternoon. Dumb!
The Sabres are playing Friday and maybe Sunday..not on Saturday

mikemac2001
04-23-2006, 07:38 PM
NFL bc ill be at work but i can watch it on our store sprint phone

billsburgh
04-23-2006, 11:27 PM
are you married? if so, isn't that what your wife is for? doesnt she know that draft day is a like a holiday for men.

billsburgh
04-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Exactly! I can't wait to hear what his Taxi driver thinks will happen this year. :rofl:
I've got a funny story about Berman's taxi driver. One night this past week, Berman was in Pittsburgh as the geust host for a charity function and one of the local sportscasters who I cant stand because he's a pompous dickhead was interviewing him on the 6:00 news. One of his questions was have any cab drivers told you who the steelers will draft at 32. Berman just basically blew him off. It was so funny.

LtFinFan66
04-23-2006, 11:48 PM
Anything without Chris Berman. If the Oxygen Channel would show coverage with chicks who have never watched football before, I would watch that over Berman

LifetimeBillsFan
04-24-2006, 02:04 AM
My wife is really good about me watching sports, especially football.

Because I'm disabled and home all of the time, we have set up our livingroom so that it is very comfortable for me and everything is very easy for me to reach when she is not around--that is my space--and converted my old office into a similar space for her. I have two reasonably good sized TVs sitting side-by-side in that room (she has another one of her own) so that I can watch games or other programming simultaneously. During bowl season, we put a smaller portable TV on top of one of the two that are permanently in the room so that I can watch three games at the same time.

Even though she was born in Germany and still is pretty much just a soccer fan, in the 31 years that we have been together my wife has never once given me any grief about my interest in sports or watching any of the sports that I like. She has gone to baseball, football, hockey, lacrosse and soccer games with me over the years and, even though she doesn't know all of the rules of all of the sports, she has tried to learn the rules well enough to follow each of those games. She puts up with me yelling at the top of my lungs during games and only occasionally reminds me to be aware of the fact that the neighbors can hear me, too, when I start screaming curse words (as I did the other night when the Flyers tied the Sabres!). She'll even ask me how the game is going, who won afterwards, and watch highlights sometimes with me if I tell her there was an interesting play or particularly outstanding athletic play during the game.

She knows that the NFL draft is important, so, when she heard when it would be, we set up our schedule so that, as long as I'm feeling well, I can watch it with minimal distractions (we did something this weekend that she really wanted us to do together, so she's happy about that and has things to do during draft weekend that I can't help her with).

I really couldn't ask for anything more--I'm very lucky to have a wife who is so supportive....

Now, if only our cable system carried the NFL Network....!

billsburgh
04-24-2006, 02:34 AM
she sounds like a wonderful woman. btw, I was only joking in my earlier post about Totanka's wife serving him and his friends.

Marvelous
04-24-2006, 03:12 AM
I dunno which to watch. ESPN is a sure thing but NFL network has me intruiged. I'll start on NFL network i guess, and if i am the slightest uncomfy with the hud then i'm switching back to Berman...

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-24-2006, 05:42 AM

Tatonka... where do you live... I'm on my way over :) !

DraftBoy
04-24-2006, 07:53 AM
ESPN, my cable doesnt carry NFLN.

Im gonna have about 10 buddies over and our girlfriends have gotten together and decided to cook us a bunch of snacks like pigs in a blanket, cheese dip all that good crap, and they are driving to Macon to go shopping (probably with our money, what little we have) for the day and they'll be back later that evening. So it all works out well. We'll have Pizza, Beer, Wings, and snack foods. We are gonna be good to go! Ill also be running back and forth to my cpu to try and see what you guys are saying.

Carlton Bailey
04-24-2006, 11:08 AM
I like NFLN better, but ESPN is tradition for me. I can't miss Boomer and Kiper.

Not to mention one of NFLN's "experts" is Corey Chavous, who said Reggie McNeal is the best QB in the draft, but he is projected as a receiver, running back, or corner at the NFL level. That demolished Chavous' credibility.

Gunzlingr
04-25-2006, 09:07 AM
I hate Kiper, but have to watch on ESPN because my cable company doesn't carry the NFL network yet. :sad:

Ditto.

What time does the fun begin?

northernbillfan
04-25-2006, 09:43 AM
Up here it's different.

Usually we only get the first two rounds of the draft. Since we now have the NFLN I am gaga about draft day. I won't miss either day. I feel like jumping for joy.

lordofgun
04-25-2006, 09:53 AM
Up here it's different.

Usually we only get the first two rounds of the draft. Since we now have the NFLN I am gaga about draft day. I won't miss either day. I feel like jumping for joy.
:up:

justasportsfan
04-25-2006, 10:20 AM
I will be at Mikey's place with his sister so it means I won't be watching the draft at all.