PDA

View Full Version : 5th round mock with trades.

acehole
04-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Mock draft

Round one trade Buff and baltimore. We get there second.

12: Eric Winston LT
Just like him. Will be gone later. A reach...maybe.
More upside then dbrick IMHO.

42th Davin Joseph G best one in draft will start on left guard from day one.

44th Darnell Bing SS a steal here makes up for the reach in the first.

6: (3rd) Taitusi “Deuce” Lutui ORG
Lack motivation but gets it from Aaron Gibson.
One hefty right side. They better both be on the
stationary bikes when the D is on the field.

3rd Jesse Mahelona Defensive Tackle - Tennessee
Pass Rushing DT will rotate with Larry Tripplett.

4th Victor Adeyanju DE - Indiana Height: 6'4" Weight: 275
Another pass rusher....with a funny name..allways wanted one.. Will take the place of a departing DE and need the year to develop.

5th Babatunde Oshinowo Nose Tackle - Stanford
Great rotating guy to spell Tim anderson...is a good
pass rusher but runs out of steam. Is Rusty Jones still around?

5th (2nd) Jahri Evans (http://www.nfldraftforecast.com/Profiles/jahrievans.shtml) OT Bloomsburg Sr.
Very good physical tackle that needs time
After J Peters bolts for more cash.

6th who the heck knows...

The Quebecer
04-23-2006, 07:05 PM
That would be a fantastic draft!

2 thumbs up!

goodkarma
04-23-2006, 07:31 PM
I definitely like the trade down and the focus on the OL, but I think we need a DT before our 4th pick.

Dozerdog
04-23-2006, 07:35 PM
How many teams are drafting? 12?

patmoran2006
04-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Ace.. I am usually with you on a lot of points, but you are WAY of the mark on SO many when it comes to this..

1- Baltimore picks 13, not 12.

2- Eric Winston is NOT going 13th overall, or 12th or anywhere near that. If we moved down to the 13, between Ngata, Bunkley or Justice we'd likely still land one of them..

3- Baltimore is NOT trading up. They dont own a third rounder, in fact they only have 2 of the first 110 picks (13 and 42). If anything, they will trade down to get a third.

4- Even if they had more picks, 13 to 8 according to draft value chart isn't in the ballpark of getting a second round pick that high.

5- I'd be VERY surpised if DAvin Joseph lasted until 42, which we wont get anyway.

6- I'd be even MORE surprised if Lutui lasted until pick 70.

7- From what I been reading, Jesse Mahelona has fallen in the draft perhaps more than any DL.. I dont want him. But that's just my opinion.

8- DArnell Bing is going to be a very good safety, but not with the Buffalo Bills. He's a in-the-box safety who excels at supporting the run and blitzing. He's the anti cover two prototype safety. He's more like a younger Lawyer Milloy, which is great for about 25 NFL defenses.. But the bills arent one of them.

rschepise
04-23-2006, 08:04 PM
Ace.. I am usually with you on a lot of points, but you are WAY of the mark on SO many when it comes to this..

2- Eric Winston is NOT going 13th overall, or 12th or anywhere near that. If we moved down to the 13, between Ngata, Bunkley or Justice we'd likely still land one of them..

3- Baltimore is NOT trading up. They dont own a third rounder, in fact they only have 2 of the first 110 picks (13 and 42). If anything, they will trade down to get a third.

4- Even if they had more picks, 13 to 8 according to draft value chart isn't in the ballpark of getting a second round pick that high.

5- I'd be VERY surpised if DAvin Joseph lasted until 42, which we wont get anyway.

7- From what I been reading, Jesse Mahelona has fallen in the draft perhaps more than any DL.. I dont want him. But that's just my opinion.

8- DArnell Bing is going to be a very good safety, but not with the Buffalo Bills. He's a in-the-box safety who excels at supporting the run and blitzing. He's the anti cover two prototype safety. He's more like a younger Lawyer Milloy, which is great for about 25 NFL defenses.. But the bills arent one of them.

YardRat
04-23-2006, 08:15 PM
I just don't see 7 out of the first 8 picks being spent on lineman, despite how badly we need them.

rschepise
04-23-2006, 08:19 PM

What he said. I'm just proud he didn't bring up Vernon Davis in the first round. Here are my predictions.

Trade with Philly. Our First for their first and second round Pick

Round 1 Bunkley DT/DE
Round 2A Duece G
Round 2B John MCargo DT
Round 3A Charles Spencer G
Round 3B Dominique Byrd TE
Round 4 Maurice Drew RB
Round 5A Chris Gocong DE

I don't know enough about the remaining prospects to formulate an educated guess on the later picks

DraftBoy
04-24-2006, 07:58 AM

Well said I agree on all points, and further believe we will not be trading down this draft.

mysticsoto
04-24-2006, 08:05 AM
What he said. I'm just proud he didn't bring up Vernon Davis in the first round. Here are my predictions.

Trade with Philly. Our First for their first and second round Pick

Round 1 Bunkley DT/DE
Round 2A Duece G
Round 2B John MCargo DT
Round 3A Charles Spencer G
Round 3B Dominique Byrd TE
Round 4 Maurice Drew RB
Round 5A Chris Gocong DE

I don't know enough about the remaining prospects to formulate an educated guess on the later picks

Spencer lasting until 3A is unlikely as he is one of the top 3 guards.

Byrd with our second 3rd rounder? We have enough TEs on our roster. If it's not Vernon Davis, just say No!

Round 4 - a running back, aren't we set comfortably there?

What about a safety - like Pat Watkins? What about a backup OT so we don't have to keep a loser like Jerman on the roster?