PDA

View Full Version : My hunch

ghz in pittsburgh
04-23-2006, 09:04 PM
is Huff.

The 2 deep zone demands at least one premium safety, one which the Bills don't have.

For those who says safety does not warrant such a high draft pick, think about what Taylor does for the Skins, Williams does for the Boys, Reed does for the Ravens, and Troy does for the Steelers. Huff can be that guy for the Bills.

I know the defense needs a tackle and a safety badly. Given a choice, you pick a big man. I just think the talent level of Huff far out weighs any second rate D Lineman (behind Mario). Huff is a top 10 talent. Those D tackles may not be. So the choice is easy.

Of course a lot could shake up in the top 7. Huff may not even be available. I just want the Bills to pick a legit top 10 talent instead of reaching for needs.

How many top 10 talent the Bills have on this team? We need one.

venis2k1
04-23-2006, 09:09 PM
How many top 10 talent the Bills have on this team? We need one.

I consider Moorman top 10 talent.

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2006, 09:10 PM
And Mike Schenck!

MVP
04-23-2006, 09:13 PM
My hunch is Ngata, but it will be hard to pass Huff up.

YardRat
04-23-2006, 09:13 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if Huff was our choice. I think the brass want a lineman, but share your sentiment about one not being worth a #8 pick. If Huff is there, and they can't trade down, he just may be the pick.

Tatonka
04-23-2006, 09:15 PM
actually.. williams is not a world beater in dallas and taylor is not a world beater in washington..

the only two dominant safeties in the league (ie. can take over a game) are reed and polomalu

patmoran2006
04-23-2006, 09:18 PM
I got Huff going to us in my final mock draft (which is not yet totally completed)..

Tatonka
04-23-2006, 09:35 PM
great... :down:

Dozerdog
04-23-2006, 09:37 PM
LOL......@ Tonk

Let's see whos gone 1-7 and if the phone rings.

I'd be cool with Huff.

patmoran2006
04-23-2006, 09:37 PM
actually.. williams is not a world beater in dallas and taylor is not a world beater in washington..

the only two dominant safeties in the league (ie. can take over a game) are reed and polomalu

I would put Mike Doss in that category.

Pinkerton Security
04-23-2006, 09:43 PM
I would put Mike Doss in that category.
really? how can you think mike doss is and sean taylor and/or roy williams are not? and how about bob sanders for that matter? i dont even think doss is as good as his own teammate, sanders. and what about darren sharper?

patmoran2006
04-23-2006, 09:46 PM
really? how can you think mike doss is and sean taylor and/or roy williams are not? and how about bob sanders for that matter? i dont even think doss is as good as his own teammate, sanders.

who said Williams and Taylor weren't? Read back.. I never said that.

Pinkerton Security
04-23-2006, 09:47 PM
who said Williams and Taylor weren't? Read back.. I never said that.

my bad.

Drive 4 Five
04-23-2006, 10:34 PM
I got Huff going to us in my final mock draft (which is not yet totally completed)..

Oh really? I figured you had Vince Young going to the Bills at number eight. That's all you seem to talk about.

Spiderweb
04-23-2006, 10:34 PM
With the Bills in such desparate need of line help, anything outside of help there will be a bad reach. Huff may turn out to be a darn good player, but unless the Bills can stop the run, run and pass with success themselves, Huff won't be of any real help no matter how well he plays.

patmoran2006
04-23-2006, 10:55 PM
Oh really? I figured you had Vince Young going to the Bills at number eight. That's all you seem to talk about.

I dont see Vince Young lasting until number eight and I certainly dont see us trading up for him (or anyone).

If he's there at 8 it would be very beneficial to us as if we dont draft him (and probably wont) he's a lot stronger trade-bait than a Ngata or Winston Justice.

Mr. Pink
04-23-2006, 11:13 PM
With the Bills in such desparate need of line help, anything outside of help there will be a bad reach. Huff may turn out to be a darn good player, but unless the Bills can stop the run, run and pass with success themselves, Huff won't be of any real help no matter how well he plays.

However when building through the draft you're building in anticipation you'll be "good" 3 years from now. Especially when we have so many holes. So you take the best player available that helps your team. So in 3 years when you have other pieces in place a player like Michael Huff will shine and shine very brightly.

If Huff is available when the Bills pick and they take anyone besides him, unless Brick falls to 8, I would be extremely unhappy. You don't pass on a guy with that much skill.

patmoran2006
04-23-2006, 11:30 PM
I would clap for you but IM too lazy to find find the clap image. I'd pos rep you but Im about 10,000 points, thanks to Ice from being able to give out pos rep..

you CANT look at this draft for 2006 alone.. YES< the lines need to be and will be addressed. But if a guy like Huff is there at 8 and some other players are gone (Hawk, Davis, Brick) you HAVE to take a guy like that..

BTW, As a Browns fan, you should get used to the name of Sims.. He's going to be your first round pick, according to my final 3-round mock (in fact, all your first day picks is defense).. How do I know this? I snuck into 32 different war rooms.

Tatonka
04-23-2006, 11:50 PM
mike doss is nothing close to a "game breaker"...

there are three safeties in the league that i would consider spending a top ten pick on ..

ed reed - i would definately
polomalu - maybe
brian dawkins - maybe.

all the others are not worth what i expect out of a top ten pick.

ZacGriffi~82
04-23-2006, 11:54 PM
polomalu - maybe

MAYBE? He is there defense. Take him out and they are incredibly vulnerable. I would take him with the number one pick.

patmoran2006
04-23-2006, 11:58 PM

there are three safeties in the league that i would consider spending a top ten pick on ..

polomalu - maybe
brian dawkins - maybe.

What defense are you playing? If your playing a Cover Two, then Doss is right up there with the best safeties in the league.

DraftBoy
04-24-2006, 08:07 AM

polomalu - maybe
brian dawkins - maybe.

Keeping this in mind where would you look at Huff being. Is he more a Roy Williams type to you, or is he more an Ed Reed type, nothing at all. Do you believe he warrants the #8 selection?