• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Your Opinion of Marv change if?

Since everybody on this board is Pro-Levy (to the best of my knowledge anyway), I have a question that I am very interested in hearing an objective and unbiased response too.

Hypothetically, what if the NFL draft next Saturday goes this way.. And dont tell me it can't go that way, because it VERY well can.
    1- Houston- Reggie Bush
    2- NO- Mario Williams
    3- Tenn- Matt Leinart
    4- NYJ- Brick
    5- GB- AJ Hawk
    6- SF- Vernon Davis
    7- Oak- M. Huff (they like him alot)

IF that happens.. And with the 8th pick.. The Buffalo Bills select.. VINCE YOUNG.

1) What is your reaction going to be?
    and
    2) Are you still going to trust and believe in Marv Levy?

I want answers to the two questions.. NOt 100 reasons WHY it will never happen.. DOnt FOOL yourself into thinking it CANT Happen.. Marv owes JP 0%, he didnt draft him. Kelly Holcomb is FAR from expandable.. CRaig Nall signing doesnt affect Marv's big picture.

I am NOT SAYING Marv will draft Vince young.. I am saying it COULD happen.. Anyone who knows Marv knows how he feels about his leader of his football team being the Quarterback..

What is your opinion of Marv IF he selects Vince Young?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Drive 4 Five
    • May 2003

Re: Your Opinion of Marv change if?

IN MARV WE TRUST.

Still. I don't care what you say, it ain't happening.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
      • May 2003

What I want to know, Pat, is when the Bills don't draft a QB, what YOUR reaction is going to be?

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006

What is your opinion of Marv IF he selects Vince Young?

IMO this would be proof that Marv is not ready to be an NFL GM. He has done NOTHING in FA and seems intent on building through the draft (which is probably a good move0. Picking VY is NOT doing that- it's gambling on a QB who might be ready to help this team in two years rather than using a great pick to fill obvious OL and DL holes.

And no QB is going to be good for this team until we get a friggin OL. Getting yet another unproven QB with no OL to protect them while they learn is just beyond stupid.

If Marv picks anyone who cannot come in and contribute right away with the #8 pick, it's a true waste. One of the few consolations to having a miserable season is having a good draft pick. I can't stomach another first round pick that's gonna suck up millions of cap space and ride the pine for a year or two (think McGahee and Losman).
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

I think most people here are willing to give Marv a chance. Is that Pro-Marv or merely being fair?

Regardless, I am not going to dump on the guy until I see what the team's record is. Anybody who wants to say he sucks before the Bills play game under his watch is foolish.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

Its gonna be tough to trust Marv is he does pick VY. As OP said, another unproven QB is only going to send us futher down the proverbial creek. We cannot afford to waste this golden opportunity to get an instant impact player, even though vince may one day be an all-pro. If marv were to select him, I would call for some medical tests to be done on him while i'm in the hospital from the heart attack i suffered.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
              Sab and TD are insignificant
              • Sep 2002

This will not happen - I know and comprehend that you didn't want to hear that, but fact is, I would bet my freedom for the rest of my life, that this WILL NOT happen.
              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• djjimkelly
                • Apr 2003

i may become a casual fan only then vince young will only ever be a side show and ill know we arent about winning we are about publicity

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                  i may become a casual fan only then vince young will only ever be a side show and ill know we arent about winning we are about publicity
                  great point. he def would be a flashy pick. for that reason i feel like Al Davis may want him. if he doesnt and we pick him, i def. also think its about the publicity.

Comment

• Spiderweb
                    ....formerly OhBF
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    Since everybody on this board is Pro-Levy (to the best of my knowledge anyway), I have a question that I am very interested in hearing an objective and unbiased response too.................... And with the 8th pick.. The Buffalo Bills select.. VINCE YOUNG.

1) What is your reaction going to be?
                    and
                    2) Are you still going to trust and believe in Marv Levy?..............What is your opinion of Marv IF he selects Vince Young?
                    That might be enough to save me the upcoming cost of the NFL Sunday ticket.

Young will never be a quality NFL QB, never. He's likely to be nothing but a poor man's Michael Vick.
                    Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                    own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• GvilleBills
                      • Mar 2006

If Young were drafted, I would have less faith in GM Marv than I already do.
                      Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Drive 4 Five
                        What I want to know, Pat, is when the Bills don't draft a QB, what YOUR reaction is going to be?
                        I dont expect Marv to draft Young.

I HOPE he drafts Vernon Davis..
                        I EXPECT him to draft Michael Huff.
                        I SUSPECT we will trade down and draft Bunkley.

Would it shock me if he drafted Young? Given the INSECURITY at QB regardless who is the starting in week one.. Absolutely not it wouldn't shock me.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

First, I'm not pro-Marv. I'm entirely neutral right now and will judge him based on how the team does, an evaluation that may take years.

If we take Vince Young, I'll sigh and sulk in resignation knowing that our QB controversy will get 10 times worse and we'll be set back 2 years at the position; at least one major need will go unaddressed; and whatever hope of being respectable this season will be lost (I'm not convinced we're doomed in any case; if we score in the draft and upgrade the lines, we have a chance.)
                          I'll also fear that we've drafted the QB who, IMO, has the highest bust risk among the big 3 QBs.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
                            First, I'm not pro-Marv. I'm entirely neutral right now and will judge him based on how the team does, an evaluation that may take years.

If we take Vince Young, I'll sigh and sulk in resignation knowing that our QB controversy will get 10 times worse and we'll be set back 2 years at the position; at least one major need will go unaddressed; and whatever hope of being respectable this season will be lost (I'm not convinced we're doomed in any case; if we score in the draft and upgrade the lines, we have a chance.)
                            I'll also fear that we've drafted the QB who, IMO, has the highest bust risk among the big 3 QBs.
                            IMO, Young has the highest chance of being a good QB of the three big names.. Then again, that's all hearsay until they all get on the field.

I disagree about the controversy.. WHat I see as of right now is lets say JP starts and the Bills start 0-2 and JP doesnt look good. Fans will waste LITTLE time calling for Holcomb.. Or will it be Nall? HOw long before JP should get another chance? Why did we sign Nall if he's not playing? Why is Holcomb out there when we already know what kind of QB he is?

Etc etc.. To me, that's the controversy just WAITING to happen.. I think the opposite of you on this particular topic.. We take Vince Young, there isn't a SHADOW of doubt in a single person's mind in that locker room who the leader and the starter is, whether we win one game in 2006 or 16 games... You cant say the same for any of the current QB's. Maybe when it comes to our first draft pick this year, I think beyond just 2006.. Personally, I think we're going to suck record-wise in 06 no matter how good our draft is this year. THe key to being better in the FUTURE hinges on this draft.. I think we're too lacking of talent to be a real contender in 2006 and that wont change IMO whether its Huff, Davis, Young, Bush, whomever.. The future however, is a different story.

Does DRafting Young mean that Levy has given up on JP? Absolutely it does.. At the same token, he owes NOTHING TO JP.. He had nothing to do with him being here. DO I think its fair? Not necessarily. He probably does deserve a fair shake.. But it is POSSIBLE (nobody here knows) if Marv has seen enough of JP to know he's seen enough (if you know what Im saying)..

None of us know that.. And if you buy into Marv as the GM, then you should understand IF he takes young its because he wants his QB to be the undisputed leader of his football team.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

And lasty, anyone who just assumes that Young will be a bust and use past bums like Leaf, Smith, Couch etc as your ONLY evidence, doesnt know **** about football.

Go back and watch the Vince YOung films from Texas and I'd love for somebody to tell me WHY he has bust written all over him.

And if you do nothing more besides throw out past names, I'll do the same and use your logic to cite while Brick, Bush, Mario Williams and every other player in this draft will be a bust as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X