PDA

View Full Version : Vic Carucci on Channel 7 Sports.....

bigbub2352
04-24-2006, 09:02 AM
Vic Carucci has us moving down in the draft to aquire more draft picks he thinks we can get someone to give us there 1st, 2nd, 3rd and maybe 4th if we give up our 8th and maybe a late round pick as he stated on channel 7 sports last night, He also said that if we stay at 8 we will take Brodrick Bunkley DT FSU, but thinks Marv wants more picks (his players) is how he put it any thoughts??

I wouldn't mind moving out and getting say Winston Justice at like 13 or 14 or even Bunkley if they think he will fall and then get an extra 2nd and 3rd would give us three in the 3rd

Pride
04-24-2006, 09:05 AM
No way do we get 4 picks this year for our #8!

I am fine with trading down as well, but no way a team gives up half of its draft to move up to 8... not with the depth that this draft has.

Night Train
04-24-2006, 09:09 AM
No way do we get 4 picks this year for our #8!

I am fine with trading down as well, but no way a team gives up half of its draft to move up to 8... not with the depth that this draft has.

Agreed. They follow the value sheet , which is posted everywhere.
That just shows how good Vics' opinion ( wild guess ) is. :bs:

don137
04-24-2006, 09:31 AM
It all depends on how far we move down. If we move down in the 20's we probably can get 3-4 picks but that is sacrifiing a lot. I rather not see us trade past 17.

Mitchy moo
04-24-2006, 09:43 AM
The 8th pick guarantees us nothing, nothing at all. More picks we have, the more chances we have of finding good players, remember Mike willams?

ICE74129
04-24-2006, 09:44 AM
Here is my guess, St. Louis, Dallas, Minnesota and maybe one other will contact us and we WILL move down.

I agree, not only does marv want to, its the best move for us at this time and a first time GM. I think we will get someones 1st, 3rd, and maybe 5th or so to move down. Who knows. Again it goes on the chart I guess.

We can address more immediate needs by moving down.

ICE74129
04-24-2006, 09:45 AM
The 8th pick guarantees us nothing, nothing at all. More picks we have, the more chances we have of finding good players, remember Mike willams?

Please stop. Remember Bary sanders, Troy Aikman, and etc? You can't use Mike Williams as an excuse to not take a player at #8, you can't use it as an excuse not to take an OLman at #8 or a DL either.

bigbub2352
04-24-2006, 09:54 AM
I dont think we get 4 picks either, but we could get maybe a 1 and 2 and 5 if we threw in our 1st pick in the 5th to someone in the 15-20 range in the first round, but then who do u take if Bunk, Ngata, Huff, Davis, Justice are gone I would look to probably guard or DB

ublinkwescore
04-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Tamba Hali could still be there.

Jersey1031
04-24-2006, 03:24 PM
Tamba Hali could still be there.

He's going to be awesome...Would look great in a Bills Uni...

OpIv37
04-24-2006, 03:42 PM

No draft pick is ever a guarantee. But Brick, M Williams, Huff, AJ Hawk and Davis may still be available at 8, and those guys are as close to a guarantee that you're ever going to get.

Bill Brasky
04-24-2006, 03:50 PM
I love all these "trade down" scenarios.

This team didn't have enough cash to land a big talent in free agency, but all the sudden it has the capital to sign 10 draft picks?

ICE74129
04-24-2006, 04:15 PM

This team didn't have enough cash to land a big talent in free agency, but all the sudden it has the capital to sign 10 draft picks?

It's called a rookie cap. Yes they have the money.

Bill Brasky
04-24-2006, 04:18 PM
It's called a rookie cap. Yes they have the money.

Hmmm, I find that comment about as odd as your recent spike in rep points... because I seem to recall several weeks back you were complaining about the same thing I posted.

acehole
04-24-2006, 04:22 PM
Agreed. They follow the value sheet , which is posted everywhere.
That just shows how good Vics' opinion ( wild guess ) is. :bs:

The value sheet is a only a guide...and worthless with a bidding war.

patmoran2006
04-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Hmmm, I find that comment about as odd as your recent spike in rep points... because I seem to recall several weeks back you were complaining about the same thing I posted.

lol, imagine that.

bigbub2352
04-24-2006, 10:08 PM
how do u get rep points i dont understand this, or the zone bucks thing either, never really took the time to figure it out always thinking football, or i am a moron one or the other

LtFinFan66
04-24-2006, 11:36 PM
Vic Carucci has us moving down in the draft to aquire more draft picks he thinks we can get someone to give us there 1st, 2nd, 3rd and maybe 4th if we give up our 8th and maybe a late round pick as he stated on channel 7 sports last night, He also said that if we stay at 8 we will take Brodrick Bunkley DT FSU, but thinks Marv wants more picks (his players) is how he put it any thoughts??

I wouldn't mind moving out and getting say Winston Justice at like 13 or 14 or even Bunkley if they think he will fall and then get an extra 2nd and 3rd would give us three in the 3rdno way you get that many picks

TigerJ
04-24-2006, 11:43 PM

The salary that rookie draft choices can command drops rapidly through the first round, especially through the first half of the first round. The league will assign a rookie cap to each team based on the number of draft choices a team has made in the draft and where those picks fell. I think a team with the cap room can spend more than that if they have the cap room, but they can't spend less. If they don't have enough cap room in their overall cap to meet the rookie cap requirement, then they have to cut players to find it. That's how I think it works any way. Clump, or someone with more expertise, feel free to correct me on this.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-25-2006, 12:56 AM
no way you get that many picks

I depends on who is still left on the board and how badly a team (or more precisely, one of two or three teams) want a particular player.

Normally I would agree with you LtFinFan, but I see this as being an odd draft where the draft could go in a number of ways that would leave certain players that are highly coveted by teams lower down in the draft on the board at # 8. If the right player or players are still on the board at # 8, it is possible that the Bills could get offers from multiple teams looking to trade up for a player that they know will not drop to them later on in the draft. If that happens, the Bills might be able to turn that into a bidding war that would net them more in draft picks than the conventional value chart would indicate. Remember that Detroit got around 500 value points more than Cleveland in trading down only one spot a couple of years ago when the Browns moved up to draft Kellen Winslow, Jr.

Vernon Davis is the first name that comes to mind as a player who could generate a lot of interest at # 8. And, believe it or not, so too could one one the Big Three QBs--particularly if the QB that is still there happens to be the one that Minnesota really wants. Even Haloti Ngata could be a player that would generate a lot of interest, if the Bills decide that they do not want to go with him: Philly, Cleveland and Baltimore are all teams that could be very interested in getting him if the Bills don't take him. And, that's not taking into consideration if there is a team picking late in the first round that might be really hot for a player that they see as being the critical last piece that they need to acquire to win a Super Bowl.

While I would agree that it is not likely that the Bills would be able to obtain that many picks for their # 8 pick, depending on the scenario and who is still left on the board, it is not entirely inconceivable, especially if the Bills were to include one of their fifth and/or seventh round picks in a deal. Again, not likely, but not entirely out of the question either.

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2006, 01:49 AM
My guess is that we will trade UP if Brick makes it to 5 or 6. Otherwise I can see us trading down into the teens for something.