PDA

View Full Version : Draft Countdown

oldno711
04-24-2006, 12:25 PM
I, like many of you, cannot wait for Saturday. There is something about this year's draft that has me absolutely stoked. I don't know if it's the possibility of drafting Ferguson or the realization that even if we don't we could still make significant strides towards revamping the Bills. I trust those in charge and have faith we will have a solid draft.

So what are yalls favorite draft memories? Personally, mine was 2003 when we drafted Angelo Crowell. That was the first time I could remember wanting somebody in the later rounds and actually getting that player....turned out to be a great pick too.

:rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout:

DraftBoy
04-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Drafting Peerless Price, bc I was screaming at my TV for it to happen

Pride
04-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Honestly... for me it was the trade of our #1 for Drew Bledsoe... say what you want about him.. 99% of us were happy as a pig in **** to get a proven QB. And for 8 games... we were right!

Jaybird
04-24-2006, 12:37 PM
I think were all excited cause we have management that know what they are doing.

northernbillfan
04-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Willis

mysticsoto
04-24-2006, 01:20 PM
Willis

Really? I was really upset at TD with this pick!!!

However, I have to say that 2 years ago, I was ecstatic that we picked up Jason Peters as undrafted. I wanted him from the 4th round and down and kept yelling for us to take him. I couldn't believe he went undrafted. I knew he was a stud in the making and I wish they'd move him to play LT for him to show what he can do!!!

Jersey1031
04-24-2006, 01:20 PM
I was so excited when we got Willis at 23, since I figured he would be a steal so low after the injury...

McGahee420
04-24-2006, 01:25 PM
Mike Williams

just kidding

Saratoga Slim
04-24-2006, 01:33 PM
I was really excited when we picked up Jason Peters as an undrafted free agent. it wasn't a high-profile, major move of the type that gets you jumping around the TV, but I'd been pulling for him throughout the pre-draft hype and couldnt believe no one drafted him.

SquishDaFish
04-24-2006, 01:51 PM
My two favs were Peerless and Willis. I was too yelling at the TV to draft Peerless lol. And Willis lol my G/F and I were watching and they were talking about him and his injury and my G/F said to me what if Buffalo took him. Of course I told her she was crazy they wouldnt do that seeing we had Henry. And then they announced the pick and I was awestruck but happy LMAO

Jersey1031
04-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Mike Williams

just kidding

Ohh boy...Some mistake that was...

Kerr
04-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Back in the 90's when we drafted jeff burris with the 1st pick. Being a notre dame fan, I wanted it to happen and was surprised it did. Unfortunately, jeff dealt with injuries that cut his career short. He was a solid player for the team.

Dont drink the water
04-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Mike Williams
I thought Mike Williams was a good pick and then they got the absolute terrible OL coaches, interfered with Rusty Jones's conditioning recommendations and then kicked Rusty upstairs when he got in conflict with head coach resulting in him leaving.

Rusty was more valuable IMO than all of the coaches we have had previous 5 eyars.

oldno711
04-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Mike Williams

just kidding

:rofl:

sad part is....i was pretty happy when we drafted him. unfortunately for us, he never panned out.

McGahee420
04-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Ohh boy...Some mistake that was...

Maybe the worst one, If he plays a lot, I would like to bet on how many injuries the fatboy would have. I say about 10

Billsrock4life
04-24-2006, 02:55 PM
I was pretty happy when they drafted Mcgahee, Price, and actually i was pretty happy when Travis Henry was drafted 2 cuz at the time we had no good RBs

LifetimeBillsFan
04-25-2006, 01:53 AM
Really? I was really upset at TD with this pick!!!

However, I have to say that 2 years ago, I was ecstatic that we picked up Jason Peters as undrafted. I wanted him from the 4th round and down and kept yelling for us to take him. I couldn't believe he went undrafted. I knew he was a stud in the making and I wish they'd move him to play LT for him to show what he can do!!!

Me, too. I was going crazy when they signed him as a UFA.

I hate to say I told you so, but I got a lot of grief from some people on this board for saying that Peters would end up starting at tackle for the Bills prior to last season. And, I still think that he could end up being a pretty good OLT if McNally ever decides to move him over to that side.

I also liked the Willis, Price, and Crowell picks as well, but that has to be offset by some of the bad picks that I thought would work out and didn't (Williams, Corey Moore, and Kevin Thomas, etc.).

Bmax
04-25-2006, 02:15 AM
thurman in 88 . I remember watching the sun bowl that year with ok st playing in the snow ...I told my brother wow that guy would really be great with the bills the way he runs in the snow .. Let's draft him .. Well the rest is history...

Bmax

RexFerrin
04-25-2006, 02:16 AM
I don't know if it's the possibility of drafting Ferguson

I do not think this will be a possibility. Sadly, he will be gone by the time the Bills are on the clock.

Jan Reimers
04-25-2006, 04:36 AM
Walt Patulski. Great pick.

ddaryl
04-25-2006, 05:18 AM
I thought Mike Williams was a good pick and then they got the absolute terrible OL coaches, interfered with Rusty Jones's conditioning recommendations and then kicked Rusty upstairs when he got in conflict with head coach resulting in him leaving.

Rusty was more valuable IMO than all of the coaches we have had previous 5 eyars.

I was happy with the MW pick at the time.

The Rusty Jones scenario was the situation that finally opened my eyes to the management and coaching problems we had.

Ralph should of fired everyone before letting Rusty go IMO

McGahee420
04-25-2006, 07:53 AM
Erik Flowers was a pretty awesome pick.......

Dozerdog
04-25-2006, 08:39 AM
So what are yalls favorite draft memories?

:rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout:

The 2002 draft- it was the first draft party I went to. Stopped in NYC on the way to Rochester and met BF1 and Matt Kabel

Then driving to Rochester- watching LoG lock his keys in the car

Giving AWM the shirt off my back

Eating Wyswings, meeting Meathead, Typ0, Mikey, Rude and about 20 future zoners

Making out with Valerie - boy was she plastered! :blowkiss:

Watching Mikey scream "THIS MEANS WE ARE SIGNING SAM ADAMS......THIS MEANS WE ARE SIGNING SAM ADAMS......THIS MEANS WE ARE SIGNING SAM ADAMS......THIS MEANS WE ARE SIGNING SAM ADAMS......" Over and over again until I wanted to blow my brains out with a handgun. He was off by a year- but he hit the nail on the head!!!

ahhh...good times...good times

oldno711
04-25-2006, 10:04 AM
I do not think this will be a possibility. Sadly, he will be gone by the time the Bills are on the clock.

Anything is possible until our time on the clock is up. Players fall. Trades are made. Teams run out of time...

It is impossible to predict every pick and know what every team will do on draft day. That said, I'm excited about the possibility of Ferguson being a Buffalo Bill.

Bring on the Draft

:rockout:

T-Long
04-25-2006, 10:05 AM
I was too stoked about the Willis pickup. The only thing that disappointed me, being a huge Penn State fan, that we passed on Larry Johnson to take Willis. I also was happy when we got Bledsoe...but at that time...who wasn't?