PDA

View Full Version : My mock...

Tatonka
04-24-2006, 02:53 PM
i think this is what happens.

Buffalo trades down with minnesota and gets their 2nd and 5th.

1. Eric Winston
2a. Joseph
2b. Wright
3a. Watkins
3b. Wrotten

:up:

Kerr
04-24-2006, 02:56 PM
Not bad at all, Tonk.

Jan Reimers
04-24-2006, 03:09 PM
That would take care of our biggest needs, the O line and DT. I'd be happy - and there would be no ridiculous Vince Young or Vernon Davis picks.

oldno711
04-24-2006, 03:15 PM

1. Eric Winston
2a. Joseph
2b. Wright
3a. Watkins
3b. Wrotten

Love it.

Unless the stars align and Brick falls to #5 I'd definitely be in favor of trading down and gaining picks. This would solidify our OLine, provide depth on our DLine and give us a replacment for Milloy. If Wroten drops that far we have to take him.

Jersey1031
04-24-2006, 03:20 PM

1. Eric Winston
2a. Joseph
2b. Wright
3a. Watkins
3b. Wrotten

That's a lot of W's...Random thought, sorry.

mysticsoto
04-24-2006, 03:21 PM

1. Eric Winston
2a. Joseph
2b. Wright
3a. Watkins
3b. Wrotten

Seems like you have a thing for 'W's...

Tatonka
04-24-2006, 03:41 PM
i do think wroten could fall that far.. he will scare some teams off.. and he might not be a typical marv guy, but the value there you couldnt pass on.. but we could also go with the Tennesse DT, whose name escapes me at the moment.

this is the draft to be loaded up on 2nds and 3rds.

either way.. i think marv holds true to what he says and LOADS up on the o and d lines.

i would actually have a ton of fun watching the upcoming season if we added these guys, along with a couple surprise guys that dropped to day 2.

we still wouldnt win a playoff game probably, unless JP came back possessed, but it would be great to watch those young guys on the lines learn from two of the best in our o and d line coaches

acehole
04-24-2006, 04:03 PM

1. Eric Winston love that as you all know.
2a. Joseph lg problem solved for 8-10 years
2b. Wright
3a. Watkins
3b. Wrotten--Would love Fred Matua here

little high for rod wright

wroten not a marv guy. Watkins good pick.

Jauron733
04-24-2006, 04:04 PM
I really have no confidence that Eric Winston is going to be any good at all. Fast but not quick out of his stance, and IMO too weak for the NFL. So any draft having us taking him, let alone in the first, I'm not going to get behind.

ICE74129
04-24-2006, 04:14 PM

1. Eric Winston
2a. Joseph
2b. Wright
3a. Watkins
3b. Wrotten

Now THAT is a good draft.

Dozerdog
04-24-2006, 04:19 PM
Guy Whimper in the 5th???

Saratoga Slim
04-24-2006, 04:55 PM
Guy Whimper in the 5th??? if so, he's gonna have to change his name.

patmoran2006
04-24-2006, 04:59 PM

1. Eric Winston
2a. Joseph
2b. Wright
3a. Watkins
3b. Wrotten

I would be a very happy dude if that happens... I highly doubt Wroten is lasting until 73, he's too good.. He may scare SOME teams off, but he aint scaring off teams like the Raiders or Giants to get past round two.. I wouldnt be totally shocked if the Giants took him 25th overall.

I'd also be holding my breath on every pick past 25 when it came to Davin Joseph, he's risen in a big way recently.

That would be a bomb draft, I LOVE Watkins, I think he's better than some of the 1st round talent in the secondary, including Williams and Allen.

Bill Brasky
04-24-2006, 05:11 PM
I still don't think Winston is worth using the #8 pick on.

patmoran2006
04-24-2006, 05:21 PM
HE's got Winston at 17.

Tatonka
04-24-2006, 05:33 PM
winston at 17..

and i agree that wroten may not last.. if it makes you feel more comfortable, swap wright and wroten.. either way, it is somewhat of a stretch.. but who cares.. it is a mock.. i am allowed to stretch some.

as far as joseph.. i think he may be gone too.. so maybe more likely

1. winston
2. wright
2b. watkins
3. wroten
3b. spencer.

either way, you get the point.. addressing our needs while getting guys for value at the pick they are selected.

DraftBoy
04-24-2006, 06:26 PM
Is it logical for Minnesotta to trade up and does the trade make sense on the trade value chart?

Personally I love the picks and the trade.

Tatonka
04-24-2006, 06:42 PM
well, what got me thinking about the trade up is that minnesota is rumored to be very interested in cutler.. and denver is another possible candidate, if, say davis makes it to us.. denver would jump on it..

the trade value chart is close enough.. we might actually be giving away too much, but that is why i didnt go past the third.

patmoran2006
04-24-2006, 07:11 PM
Minnesota has a ton of picks and plenty of cap room, they'll look to trade up for sure.. Cutler obviously would be someone they target or they could even be interested in Huff..

Tatonka
04-24-2006, 07:40 PM
i think denver is going to move up too.. there is no question that if VD gets to us, we can move down and pick up a TON of good picks.. denver has their 1st and 2 2nd rounders.

patmoran2006
04-24-2006, 07:47 PM
i think denver is going to move up too.. there is no question that if VD gets to us, we can move down and pick up a TON of good picks.. denver has their 1st and 2 2nd rounders.

F-that..

IF VD gets to us, we BETTER take him and pick up a DT in round two and a guard in round three.. Marv levy is SENILE if he lets VD reach pick 8 and not take him..

I'd take VD over the 15th pick and one of their seconds.. Bunkley, Huff, Ngata and probably Justice are gone by 15. WE have two thirds already to secure some more linemen.

VD is a once-in-a-generation talent at his position.

DraftBoy
04-24-2006, 09:01 PM
F-that..

IF VD gets to us, we BETTER take him and pick up a DT in round two and a guard in round three.. Marv levy is SENILE if he lets VD reach pick 8 and not take him..

I'd take VD over the 15th pick and one of their seconds.. Bunkley, Huff, Ngata and probably Justice are gone by 15. WE have two thirds already to secure some more linemen.

Once in a generation? Shockey, Heap, Miller, Gates are all athletic TE's like he is, they may not have the same workout numbers but lets see what Davis can do in the NFL before annoiting him an HOF slot next to Ben Coates as one of the greatest TE's ever. I agree the kid is gonna be good, but once in a generation is a strech.

ajsdx
04-24-2006, 09:09 PM
F-that..

and let's not be too hasty there, pat. by saying that marv would be senile not to take VD implies that all of us who are not 80 years old (and therefore cannot be senile) are off our rockers by not wanting to pick Davis. i assure you we are not. we just have different priorities. i personally think it would be terrible to have three TEs all making pretty big dollars on our roster.

ICE74129
04-24-2006, 09:18 PM
Once in a generation? Shockey, Heap, Miller, Gates are all athletic TE's like he is, they may not have the same workout numbers but lets see what Davis can do in the NFL before annoiting him an HOF slot next to Ben Coates as one of the greatest TE's ever. I agree the kid is gonna be good, but once in a generation is a strech.

Agreed.

mysticsoto
04-24-2006, 09:26 PM
Guy Whimper in the 5th???

Or Will Montgomery in the 6th...