View Full Version : One of the best mocks Ive seen

DraftBoy
04-24-2006, 06:42 PM
1. Bunkley
2. Youboty
3a. Whitworth
3b. Chester
4. Calhoun

Only issue I have is taking Chester in the 3rd, Id rather take Spencer who is avail in this mock.

http://www.draftace.com/draft2006/mockdraftroundone.htm

Id grade this mock as an A

patmoran2006
04-24-2006, 07:14 PM
1. Bunkley
2. Youboty
3a. Whitworth
3b. Chester
4. Calhoun

Only issue I have is taking Chester in the 3rd, Id rather take Spencer who is avail in this mock.

http://www.draftace.com/draft2006/mockdraftroundone.htm

Id grade this mock as an A
You dont have to worry about having an issue with taking Chester in the third, because he'll be gone before that..

IMO... I think this mock is terrible.. taking a CB in round two is not smart.. Why?

Jersey1031
04-24-2006, 07:17 PM
1. Bunkley
2. Youboty
3a. Whitworth
3b. Chester
4. Calhoun

Another Ohio State CB in Youboty...(Winfield, Clements)

"Comments: Ohio State defensive backs have a long history of success in the NFL (Springs, Gamble, Clements, Winfield, Doss)."

patmoran2006
04-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Let me rephrase that.. Youboty is a good player and i love any OSU defender... I just dont see a CB in a second round.. SEcond round is clearly a NEED position draft pick.. Top 10 are for BPA's

jdbillsfan
04-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Modrak was saying that he see's Whitworth as a RT, in his press conference. Take it for what its worth, but I don't seem them going after a RT with being happy with Peters there.

DraftBoy
04-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Let me rephrase that.. Youboty is a good player and i love any OSU defender... I just dont see a CB in a second round.. SEcond round is clearly a NEED position draft pick.. Top 10 are for BPA's

Youboty allows to us to work further to try and move Nate for some picks or players. Also gives us great depth in the secondary. I dont see Nate signing long term here do you? I love the pick.

YardRat
04-24-2006, 09:07 PM
How do you rate a mock draft before the actual draft has taken place?

DraftBoy
04-24-2006, 09:12 PM
How do you rate a mock draft before the actual draft has taken place?

base on;

If you like who your team is taking
If the guys are going in fairly accurate posistions (ala Bush going in top 2 not like 25th)

Thats how I do it

ICE74129
04-24-2006, 09:16 PM
Youboty allows to us to work further to try and move Nate for some picks or players. Also gives us great depth in the secondary. I dont see Nate signing long term here do you? I love the pick.

Agreed Nate needs to be traded in this draft.

mysticsoto
04-24-2006, 09:35 PM
Agreed Nate needs to be traded in this draft.

I'd rather Nate be traded or let go next year...unless we got a GREAT deal from someone - which I think it unlikely.

DraftBoy
04-24-2006, 11:04 PM
I'd rather Nate be traded or let go next year...unless we got a GREAT deal from someone - which I think it unlikely.

I think we have to be realistic however, nobody is going to offer us a 1st round pick for this guy. If we get offered a 2nd and 3rd for him, and we can get Youboty should we jump on it? And extra 3rd and 2nd assure us of more DL and OL help and also probably getting the safety need filled in on Day 1. Which would be huge for this team, bc beyond that I dont see many other major holes. If we can come out of day 1 with;

An OT (Whitworth)
An OG (Spencer)
A DT (Bunkley/Wrotten)
A S (Huff/Watkins)

Id be pleased

alohabillsfan
04-25-2006, 02:25 AM

Why wait till next year if we wait will you draft and start a rookie next year? I would love to trade Nate for a 2nd and 3rd rounder this year let the rookie learn while we are rebuilding nor when we are trying to turn the corner in 2007!

clumping platelets
04-25-2006, 04:07 AM

Who's our #3 CB?

Nate Clements could be gone after 2006.....who's his replacement?

CB is a need

mysticsoto
04-25-2006, 08:33 AM
Why wait till next year if we wait will you draft and start a rookie next year? I would love to trade Nate for a 2nd and 3rd rounder this year let the rookie learn while we are rebuilding nor when we are trying to turn the corner in 2007!

I expect us to draft a CB in the later rounds for developing for next year. Before you jump and say, what good will that do...remember that McGee was drafted in the 4th rd. Right now, I favor Marcus Maxey - and it might be likely that we do draft him given that he is also a good ST player that might sit well with Levy...

DraftBoy
04-25-2006, 09:36 AM
I expect us to draft a CB in the later rounds for developing for next year. Before you jump and say, what good will that do...remember that McGee was drafted in the 4th rd. Right now, I favor Marcus Maxey - and it might be likely that we do draft him given that he is also a good ST player that might sit well with Levy...

Good name, probably a 4th-5th rounder and he's from FLA and they have had decent success in the NFL (Lito Sheppard). USC has a kid in Wyatt who is a late rounder. UGA has Tim Jennings, there is McPherson from Maryland, and Pittman from NW St.