PDA

View Full Version : Primeau to play Wed??

generalmills
04-25-2006, 12:48 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

I dont really see him making that much of a difference. If the Sabres score first in Philly the series will not even make it back to Buffalo for Sunday's Game 5.

pyrrhonist
04-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Alright---Primeau is just the sort of speed that the Flyers need! :D

Seriously, the only thing Primeau brings to Philly is leadership. It'll help them with their composure, but as far as keeping up with the Sabres, I doubt it'll help there.

Meathead
04-25-2006, 05:14 PM
Hitchcock: Primeau Will Not Play in Game Three (http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pressbox/archive/2583.asp)

Flyers head coach updates injured center’s status

Voorhees, NJ – Flyers Head Coach Ken Hitchcock ruled out the possibility of Keith Primeau returning for Game Three of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals against the Buffalo Sabres.

Primeau met with a doctor on Tuesday morning in Philadelphia.

Hitchcock gave the following report to the media that gathered after an afternoon practice at the Sovereign Bank Flyers Skate Zone:

“Keith is not playing [Wednesday]. We’ll get you guys a good update [Wednesday] on just how his status is going so we don’t have it swirling around us right now. He’s trying to play, but he’s certainly not going to play tomorrow,” said Hitchcock.

“My whole focus with Keith is Keith the person. That’s the relationship we’ve had for two years now, and I am not putting him any place in harm’s way. That’s why he’s not playing tomorrow. We can give a really accurate update in the next 24 hours. I don’t want to start this merry-go-round process with him.

“The thing that has fueled it here and festered a little bit is because he’s participating with us and he’s trying to see where he’s at. Everything has kind of escalated to where it’s ‘Is he going to play, or is he not going to play?’ It’s going to create a distraction for himself and for us. We have to make sure we get you guys the proper information for tomorrow.

“He’s a man trying to play hockey. He’s a man trying to help our hockey club. I admire that so much, what he’s trying to do, but we have to make sure that there’s long-term health here, too.”

Flyers Athletic Trainer and Strength and Conditioning Coach Jim McCrossin said the following:

“He’s been trying to play since he’s been skating. To say that he’s going to play soon, I wish I could tell you that, but nobody could tell you that. Even Keith couldn’t tell you that. Yesterday he skated and banged a little bit and had a little bit of a headache. It puts him back a little bit.”

qcsabresfan84
04-25-2006, 05:43 PM
good news, even though he wont help the flyers out at all offensively i still don't want to see him out there.