PDA

View Full Version : RB Brian Calhoun

DraftBoy
04-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Ive seen lots of mocks recently having this kid slip to round 4 and we taking him there. I think he could be an absolute steal there and should Willis give us crap about a new deal soon (which I think he will) we have a backup who can easily start.

Thoughts?

casdhf
04-25-2006, 05:57 PM
I dunno much about him. But a steal is a steal, whoever it is.

The_Philster
04-25-2006, 06:05 PM
That's quite a fall...Sporting News and ESPN's draft previews both have him as a 2nd rounder...drawing comparisons to the Cowboys' Julius Jones :scratch:

RedEyE
04-25-2006, 06:07 PM
Well, around then you start picking up the guys that fell from the 2nd and 3rd rounds. While I believe that RB is the least of our worries, if you have an opportunity to draft a skilled player in a lower round you do it.

Still, I think the Bills already have a decent back in Lionel Gates. He should prove or disprove that theory this season.

mysticsoto
04-25-2006, 06:10 PM
RBs are a dime a dozen. I'm really not worried about drafting one - nor am I worried about losing Willis later on...

What I am worried about is finding good prospects to be backups for both our O and Dline...that is more important than anything.

G. Host
04-25-2006, 06:48 PM
If he doesn't have an scam artist like Willis's agent I'd say he may be worth a shot if he can play special teams.

Tatonka
04-25-2006, 07:00 PM
i love the kid.

DraftBoy
04-25-2006, 08:28 PM
Ill be honest I think he'd be an amazing addition to the team and soon would displace Willis, I have him as the #3 back out of this class.

ZacGriffi~82
04-25-2006, 08:29 PM
Word around the scouting circles is they are really worried about the injury risk. He takes more big hits then backs like Dunn and doesn't have the timed speed. He is dropping fast.

Devin
04-25-2006, 09:49 PM
I think Addai is probably the most complete back in terms of all around skill after Bush.

!Papacrunk!
04-25-2006, 11:03 PM
I think Addai is probably the most complete back in terms of all around skill after Bush.
What round is he projected to go? High 2nd?

Devin
04-25-2006, 11:07 PM
Ive seen him as high as the late 1st (Indy/Pitt in some mocks) but most have him early-mid second.

Night Train
04-26-2006, 02:17 AM
Ive seen lots of mocks recently having this kid slip to round 4 and we taking him there. I think he could be an absolute steal there and should Willis give us crap about a new deal soon (which I think he will) we have a backup who can easily start.
Thoughts?

I agree. I don't care if his 40 time isn't 4.3.

I was watching the replay yesterday of the Indy combine on NFL Network as they showed the RB's going through drills, led by Bills RB Coach Eric Studsville. He was so quick and could change direction on a dime at full speed.

I always liked his game at Wisconson. So productive and hits the holes fast.

evol4276
04-26-2006, 02:33 AM
i saw this kid in college a little this year.. I like him a lot

LifetimeBillsFan
04-26-2006, 03:10 AM
I agree. I don't care if his 40 time isn't 4.3.

I was watching the replay yesterday of the Indy combine on NFL Network as they showed the RB's going through drills, led by Bills RB Coach Eric Studsville. He was so quick and could change direction on a dime at full speed.

I always liked his game at Wisconson. So productive and hits the holes fast.

I agree. He plays fast and that's more what counts.

I doubt that he falls that far, but if he does, he definitely has the potential to be a steal.

Night Train
04-26-2006, 04:30 AM
Still, I think the Bills already have a decent back in Lionel Gates.

How do we know that ?

I also liked what I saw of him last pre-season in brief action but he never played during the year. Reports say he still struggles to block and showed up for mini-camp looking much smaller than last season. He was only a 7th round pick by a GM who isn't here anymore. Let's keep things in perspective.

We really don't have ANY proven backup to McGahee,at present. Whether it's the Draft or a late aquisition of a Vet, I'm sure the Bills will make a move prior to camp.

If we can bring 10-11 WR's to camp, we can certainly bring in another RB to compete.