PDA

View Full Version : Primeau Suffers Setback

Meathead
04-25-2006, 09:31 PM
No Primeau comeback for Game 3 (http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/14427052.htm)

By Rob Parent
INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

His fifth-overtime goal in Pittsburgh turned a series around in 2000. His spectacular play carried the Flyers to within a game of the Stanley Cup Finals in 2004.

As he has proved often during his Philadelphia tenure, where Keith Primeau goes in the playoffs, so go the Flyers. That's why no one should be surprised if they wind up joining him on the sideline before he has a chance to rejoin them.

Although media speculation and optimistic medical reports might indicate otherwise, Primeau is not on the verge of returning to the Flyers Wednesday as they try to prepare for Game 3 of a conference quarterfinal series run amok against the Buffalo Sabres.

Having spent almost all season on the sideline dealing with the effects of a concussion suffered six months ago, Primeau was pushing hard this week in an effort to join the club, if not in time for Game 3 then perhaps for Friday's fourth game.

While Primeau was in Philadelphia keeping an appointment with a neurologist yesterday, it was revealed that he again was suffering from post-concussion symptoms.

"There's not going to be a surprise comeback by Keith Primeau, to my knowledge," Flyers chairman Ed Snider said. "It would be the biggest surprise in the world to me."

According to Flyers trainer Jim McCrossin, Primeau participated in a somewhat physical practice Monday morning and suffered from a headache that night.

"Is it a little bit of a setback for him? Absolutely," McCrossin said.

Regarding Primeau's status, McCrossin added: "I don't think it's going to dramatically change for Friday."

He added that any comeback plan for Primeau would ideally call for a period of seven to 10 days when he would be symptom-free. Although his headache was gone by yesterday morning, Primeau can hope for just four symptom-free days by the time Game 4 begins.

Of course, there is some doubt as to whether Primeau's presence could make any significant difference against a Sabres team that seems so much quicker to the punch with the puck, and faster on its feet when taking to the transition against the Flyers' defense.

Meathead
04-25-2006, 09:34 PM
i dont care how allegedly slow he is hes a hell of a player and the flyers could use him

i hope he comes back though, just dont do it before the welcome home parade